• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Host Coaching Strategies for Successful Parties

In summary, Rae recommends using a combination of calls and postcards to host coaching. She suggests making a reminder call the day before the show, asking those who say they're coming if they would like to see a catalog, place an order, or book a show. She also recommends printing out the Beat This card, which reminds hosts of their goal of beating the company average.
abrahamlaur
I would like to know what you ladies find to be the best "method" of host coaching? Do you like the way PC does it and the scripts they have or have some of you come up with your own?

I do mixture of PC scripts and my own and of course the great ideas I get from here.

Little of both -- while PCs info is solid as a rock, I have to be me and keep it personal. :) I know where my strenghts and weaknesses are and so I keep myself in check in those areas when I work with my hosts. :)

I do mostly my own. I got a host coaching sheet that someone in my upline cluster made and I use that and postcards from Nancys.

I started out with the PC scripts, but they felt a little stiff to me. I now use a combination of calls and postcards:Call 1 - a few days after they receive the kit to answer any questionsPostcard 1 - two weeks before show I send my "Beat This" card offering incentives (Small Batter Bowl for $500 show/Executive Saute Pan for $1000 show)Call 2 - one week before show to discuss what recipe I'll bring and remind host to be making out a wish listPostcard 2 - one week before the show I send a postcard with reminders for a successful show (reminder calls, ask everyone who can't attend if they want to place an order or host a show, etc.)Call 3 - a day or two before the show to remind host when I'll be arriving and ask how many guests are expected

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I dont do a great job host coaching ... actually I probably dont host coach at all ... terrible I KNOW! I would really like to get down a system that works for me, so I was just trying to get some ideas ... Thanks again!

Rae ... What post cards do you use? Are there other post card "services" besides Nancy's? I would like something that looks alittle more professional that hers ... sorry to anyone that really likes them!

Actually, Laurie, I make my own postcards. I had some from Nancy's that I received from my director. They didn't really suit my style. (Like you, I prefer a more professional look.) So, I used those as a starting point to create my own. Here's the wording I use:

Take the challenge.
Can you beat this?

Beat the company average of $500,
and I’ll award you a free
Small Batter Bowl—an $11 value.

Beat the Grand mark with sales of over $1,000,
and I’ll award you a free
Executive Cookware Sauté Pan—a $38 value.

I’m excited about your show!
I hope you are, too!

Some helpful suggestions from Rae Bates, your Pampered Chef Consultant:

A few days before your show, call anyone who hasn’t RSVP’d. They may have forgotten, or it may be that they never received your invitation.

The day before your show, make a reminder call to those who have said they’re coming.

Ask those who say they can’t come if they would like to see a catalog, place an order, or book a show. They can view all the products and even place an order for your show on my website [website address here]. (You’ll receive a mystery prize if you have eight or more outside orders before the show.)

My contact information is on the bottom of each card. I print them on colored card stock.The Beat This card is 1/4 page and has a graphic that reminds me of the Classic Batter Bowl. The Suggestions card is 1/2 page and simply has an attractive (at least to me) border along the top and bottom. The "mystery prize" is an extra $10 in free product.

Jennifer, I would put "Future Future Director" on temporary business cards :D

Last edited:
Thank you, Rae. I needed to update my host coaching. These are great ideas!

You're more than welcome. Hope you're able to glean some things that will work for your business.

As for Nancy's postcards, they have updated a lot of them to look more professional. They showed them at Leadership and I loved them so much more than the others! You might want to check them out again and see what is new.

That's true. They're still a little too "cute" for me, though. Guess I'm just not a cute girl.

I agree with you Rae! I wish there were postcards of Merrill standard on bright card stock with Nancy's prices!

Does anyone have a link to this "Nancy" person?

This is a really old post! (Actually, I am really old - this post is just a couple years past...) Nancy is no longer selling specifics for Pampered Chef. She sold her inventory to someone who does have them up on eBay. She does have some stickers and generic cards available; Merrill has some as well, as do the following:Nancy's Artworks - includes her contact informaiton
Nancy's ArtworksThe Booster - very active with some great resources
http://www.thebooster.com/scripts/default.asp The Lemonade Lady - awesome, upbeat 'with a twist'
http://www.lemonaidlady.com/index.htmGood luck.

Rae, do you pay for recipe ingredients at your shows?

Yes, I do. It works best for me. I spend an average of about $5 per show, which is tax deductible.

$5 per show!? How do you pull that off? You must be demo-ing only one recipe and really simple ones??? I use the deep covered baker at all my shows and usually either do the mini bbq pork sandwiches or the rush hour chicken fajitas...they are a little more expensive but they sell the baker and i got lots of bookings out of those recipes when people couldn't just buy the baker....

What is host coaching and why is it important?

Host coaching is the process of working closely with a party host to help them have a successful and enjoyable Pampered Chef party. It involves providing them with the necessary tools, tips, and support to invite guests and encourage them to make purchases. Host coaching is important because a successful party leads to increased sales and potential future bookings.

How do I effectively coach a host?

The key to effective host coaching is communication. Start by setting expectations and goals for the party, and then regularly check in with the host to see how they are progressing. Offer support and tips on how to invite guests and encourage them to attend. Encourage the host to make a wishlist and share it with their guests to help drive sales. And always be available to answer any questions or concerns the host may have.

What are some host coaching tips for maximizing sales?

Some host coaching tips for maximizing sales include encouraging the host to invite a variety of guests, offering incentives for guests who bring a friend, and reminding the host to share their wishlist with guests. It's also important to remind the host to mention the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts. Lastly, follow up with guests after the party to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or recommendations for products they may be interested in.

How can I make host coaching fun and engaging for the host?

Host coaching doesn't have to be a chore for the host. Make it fun and engaging by offering them challenges or games to play with their guests. For example, have the host challenge their guests to see who can create the most unique recipe using Pampered Chef products. You can also provide the host with fun and creative ways to showcase products and recipes during the party.

What resources are available to help with host coaching?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help with host coaching. We have a host coaching guide that provides tips, scripts, and ideas for successful parties. We also offer online training and support for hosts, as well as access to a community of other Pampered Chef hosts for advice and inspiration. Additionally, our consultants are always available to provide personalized assistance and support for host coaching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies