• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Appreciation - Quartermania?

In summary, the host is thinking of doing something different for this years hosts, and is asking for opinions on what people think would be a fun idea. They are considering having a game where the guests "earn" money, and then using it for the auction. One option is to have a pool where people contribute, but another is to have a bidding system where people bid on items.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I hope to do something again for this years hosts. I didn't make it a show last year... didn't even try to sell anything...just pampered them...it was loads of fun! I was just at a Home Interior Party on Sunday where they played Quartermania and it got me thinking that this would be a fun thing to do for the "door prizes" at my host appreciation day and give all the proceeds from the quartermania to America's Second Harvest. We had the opportunity to buy tickets for either .25 or .50 based on the value of the item that was up for "auction" and then all the tickets purchased for that item went in the basket for a drawing. Whomever had the winning ticket won that item. I didn't care for it as a regular show game too much but everyone does things differently but I do think as something different for my hosts... it would be fun... what do y'all think? We could buy as many or as few tickets for each item as we wished and the ladies ended up making a fun competion of it. OR is it wrong to ask these hosts that are being honored to have to bring a couple dollars in quarters along? I really want to hear what y'all think on this one so bring it on... :)

If you did not want to ask them to bring actual money. You could always play some kind of game where they "earn" money and use play money and then use it for the auction. We did this at a Tupperware party I went to one time. I cannot remember what kind of game she played for the money. And I think she may have had money hidden in little containers and each person picked a container as their door prize for coming and then had whatever money that was in the container. Now that I am thinking that is what she done. You can decide if want people to be able to pool their money or not. The TW consultant let them but then I did not care for that b/c I lost when a mother and daughter pooled their resources,HAHA!!!

I do not think a few dollars in quarters would be anything bad to ask for though! I just thought of this as an alternative if you did not want to ask them to bring quarters.

Thanks! That is a good option too... I'm trying to put myself in their shoes and I'm thinking that if they can go home with something for a buck or two... something good ... and the money all goes to America's 2nd Harvest...that
maybe they won't mind using real quarters... keep the ideas flowing please! :)

I've done a quartermania evening with my cluster - had items up to 6 quarters (roasting pan, when it first came out), and it was a fun evening. We did figure out that night, though, to figure out how much people would need in quarters for the evening and limit it to 1 roll ($10). Then you can include on the invitations that "Play all evening with one roll of quarters." and you won't end up with people digging through their purse for a few more coins. Also, the more people who are there as participants, the more profitable it will be for you because you're more likely to make back your costs for each item.

Thanks Ann... these are great tips! How did you figure out how much to begin the bidding at etc. ?

We based it on the number of people we expected there and divided the cost of the product by that number. For the really big items, we used the consultant cost, since some of them were obtained through incentives or host specials (consultant as host shows).

I think if you do it with the proceeds going to Am. second harvest and tell people that up front, it will be well received. I also saw this done at a home inter. party and, as far as I know, the money went in the consultant's pocket... ok if that's how you want to do it but IMHO not ok if it is for a host appreciation theme night.

Remember to check out your local laws when it comes to games and money for products. I had some great ideas from here but checked with Gambling Comm. and found out I could not do it, not even raffle or bingo. Anything that they have to pay to play for products. I was so sad:cry:

1. What is Host Appreciation - Quartermania?

Host Appreciation - Quartermania is a special event where we show our appreciation for our hosts by giving them the opportunity to earn more free products and discounts through a fun bidding game.

2. How does Host Appreciation - Quartermania work?

During the event, guests will have the chance to bid on select Pampered Chef products using quarters. The highest bidder will win the product at a discounted price, and the host will receive the full retail value of the product in host rewards.

3. Can anyone attend Host Appreciation - Quartermania?

Our Host Appreciation - Quartermania event is exclusive to our hosts and their guests. Hosts can invite their friends and family to attend and participate in the bidding.

4. How can I become a host and participate in Host Appreciation - Quartermania?

To become a host, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a party. As a host, you will earn free products and discounts, and have the opportunity to participate in special events like Host Appreciation - Quartermania.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a party during Host Appreciation - Quartermania?

Hosting a party during Host Appreciation - Quartermania gives you the chance to earn even more free products and discounts, as well as have a fun and unique experience with your friends and family. You also have the opportunity to win special prizes during the bidding game.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
karlene
  • Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefcharity