• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Catalog Show: Make Your Work Colleagues Happy!

In summary, if a consultant's household member hosts a show, the consultant will receive commission on guest sales, host specials, half-priced and free items. However, if the consultant's household member makes a purchase using the host discount, the consultant will not receive commission on that purchase or any future shows booked from that show. It is possible to have items shipped to the consultant's home, but the host's or guest's name should remain on the order and "c/o" should be added with the consultant's name in the first address line. It's important to follow up with HO if a show doesn't ship in a timely manner, as glitches can happen. If a consultant hosts their own show, they will still be eligible for
leannvv
Several ladies at my husbands work have expressed interest in buying products/seeing a catalog. Can I set him up as host for a catalog show??

Yes you can. I have my husband and daughter down as hosts sometimes

The only thing with that is if you order anything in his name you don't get commission on it like you would if it was in someone else's name.

You don't make commission on any show that was held by your or anyone in your household. You could try to do it by entering it like: My hubby's name, C/O My name, My address. Just be aware that HO might hold the show and call you about it

You make commission on the show, just not the host's order, if it is someone in your household. I've submitted a few that way and always gotten commission. If I wouldn't get commission, I would run it as a Mystery Host show.
Jen

Of course you make commission on the show! Why wouldn't you? It is still commissionable sales....:confused:

jwpamp said:
Of course you make commission on the show! Why wouldn't you? It is still commissionable sales....:confused:
You do get commission on the GUEST sales and you get the host special, half price and free items. If the host is the consultant or someone who lives in their house you do not get commission on anything ordered with the HOST SHOW DISCOUNT and you do not get the past host benefit from any shows booked from that show.

Oops! Sorry! That is my mistake! I stand corrected. Thanks to every one who make up for my brain farts!!

I sometimes use my finacee and my daughters name for a host, though he has hosted a party for me!! But I do have have guest who would prefer to have things shiped to my hosue becasue their are not sure if they will be home when the UPS driver comes... but the commishion is still the same!!! :) for me at least!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I sometimes use my finacee and my daughters name for a host, though he has hosted a party for me!! But I do have have guest who would prefer to have things shiped to my hosue becasue their are not sure if they will be home when the UPS driver comes... but the commishion is still the same!!! :) for me at least!!

When you want to ship an order to your home, your host's or guest's name should remain on it. Then in the first address line you type in "c/o YOUR NAME" then the second address line is your address and so forth. Be sure to uncheck the "update contact management" box so you don't lose their info on it.

You will never be challenged if you do it that way.

DebbieJ said:
When you want to ship an order to your home, your host's or guest's name should remain on it. Then in the first address line you type in "c/o YOUR NAME" then the second address line is your address and so forth. Be sure to uncheck the "update contact management" box so you don't lose their info on it.

You will never be challenged if you do it that way.

I learned the hard way.... but I figurered out rather quickly!!! :)

Thanks- I don't care so much about getting a commission off him- just a good way to get more sales! :)

My husband hosted a show for me, and I knew how the commission would work, but HO held the show for almost two whole weeks until I finally called and asked what the problem was. They said they needed to notify me to make sure I knew about the commission thing, because the host had the same last name & address as mine.

The main reason I am throwing in my two cents is that I asked why they waited for me to call and see why it hadn't shipped, and they told me that their records said "LMOAM" which stands for "left message on answering machine." I am the only one who can access our voicemail--my husband can never remember the passcode--so I know there is no way that they "LMOAM" unless they misdialed and "LM" on someone else's "AM" So if your show doesn't ship in the usual timely manner, be sure to call and follow up--glitches happen!

Clarification...Ok, so I'm still new, haven't had a show yet. If I were to hold a show of my own, which of these items would I still be eligible for and which would I lose:

Free merchandise?
Half priced items?
Whatever percentage off items?
60% off item?

I'm very confused. :confused:

jentapp said:
Ok, so I'm still new, haven't had a show yet. If I were to hold a show of my own, which of these items would I still be eligible for and which would I lose:

Free merchandise?
Half priced items?
Whatever percentage off items?
60% off item?

I'm very confused. :confused:

As consultant AND host you are elilgible for
* free murchandise
*half price items
*60% off item

You are NOT eligible for
*commission purchases with show % off
*past host benefit

You CAN use the show discount if you want, you just are not given commission on those purchases and they do not count for lifetime sales.

Thanks! :DThanks so much for clearing that up for me! :D

I'm running my own catalog show right now (got my VERY FIRST order today...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!) and was getting very confused about what I can and can't get. I'm so completely excited!!!! :D

I just ran into this with one of my new consultants too, you do not get any booking benifits either. So you can't get the host special at shows booked off of you.

What if you do not share the same last name but live at the same residence? I am just wondering if I ever got enough individual orders and wanted to put my partner as the host if it would be beneficial.

jasonmva said:
What if you do not share the same last name but live at the same residence? I am just wondering if I ever got enough individual orders and wanted to put my partner as the host if it would be beneficial.
If they live in the same house as you you do not get commission on items purchased with the host discount and you do not get the booking benefit.

If you want an order sent to your house and you are not the host you must put "c/o consultant name" in the first address line in the host order screen.

Even though your husband is doing the orders why not use someone else's names for the host like your mom or close friend and that way you would get all the benefits and could use the booking benefit in her name? Just a suggestion. I have done that if i have a big show and get bookings from it, so, I can take advantage of the monthly host specials. I know of other consultants that do this as well, that's where I learned it from, ha!

When I host my own shows, openhouse, booths at fairs, etc. I always put my mother down as the host and have it shipped to her house (lives a few miles away) or I do have it shipped to my house & put my name as C/O. That way You get all the benefits. If you are new it is a great way to get more product to demo at your shows. I have only been a consultant for 2 years and I now have almost everything in the catalog, just by hosting an openhouse every 6 months and doing a booth at a craft fair a twice a year. Now I take my free product and 1/2 price items that I earn and give them away in a drawings or let my family take advantage of it.

How about this one? My name is Sarah Hines and i am doing a show in a few months for my SIL whos name is also Sarah Hines. Will this cause any issues? It will be shipping to her address.

I would maybe spell her's different or just use S. instead of Sarah just to make sure to not cause any problems. :)

sarahmarie said:
How about this one? My name is Sarah Hines and i am doing a show in a few months for my SIL whos name is also Sarah Hines. Will this cause any issues? It will be shipping to her address.
PC knows that there are few names in the world that aren't duplicated. If her name is exactly the same as yours PC will probably hold the show and give you a call but they would clear it as soon as you explained.

I would add her middle or maiden name to her host order just to avoid the delay if I could.

jrstephens said:
I would maybe spell her's different or just use S. instead of Sarah just to make sure to not cause any problems. :)
This could cause problems for the host though. If she ordered from someone else (to help a friend...) and doesn't know her host number, the consultant would have a hard time finding her on the host look up link.

Using just the initial might raise a red flag to PC - and if they think you are lying that it's not you it might be harder to convince them of the innocence of the whole issue.

What is a catalog show?

A catalog show is a way for you to earn free and discounted Pampered Chef products by hosting a virtual party for your work colleagues. You will receive a physical catalog and order forms to share with your colleagues, who can then place orders directly with you.

How do I host a catalog show?

To host a catalog show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested. They will provide you with a host packet containing catalogs, order forms, and information on how to share the products with your colleagues. Your consultant will also be available to answer any questions and provide support throughout the process.

What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your colleagues' orders. You will also have the opportunity to try new products, receive exclusive host rewards, and potentially earn additional rewards for booking future parties.

How long does a catalog show last?

The length of a catalog show can vary, but typically it lasts for 2-3 weeks. This gives your colleagues enough time to browse the catalog, place their orders, and for the products to be delivered to you.

What happens after the catalog show is over?

After the catalog show ends, your consultant will collect all the orders and process them. The products will then be shipped directly to you, and you can distribute them to your colleagues. Your consultant will also provide you with a summary of your rewards and any additional information on how to use them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies