• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Honing Tool for Non-Pampered Chef Knives: Does it Work?

In summary, the honing tool is suitable for all non-Pampered Chef knives and should be used every 2-3 uses to maintain sharpness. It cannot fix a dull knife and should be used at a 20-degree angle in a sweeping motion on both sides of the blade. When used correctly, the honing tool will not cause any damage to your knife.
Jennie4PC
Can the honing tool be used on other knives other then the PC ones? I have someone who has a really nice set of knives and I wanted to know before he spent the money

YESSS!!!

I always tell my customers that our Santouko is THE knife to have but if you already have a nice set of knives the honing tool is for you!

Elko? Wow, surprised I have not seen you before :)

Pampered Chef does not recommend its use for other knives.

Yep Elko I have been on here Snice May of 2005

Thanks you guys for both your answers I let him know and will let him decide

What I was told and share with people is that the honing tool was designed to work with the angle of our blades

The product info says it's only for PC's forged cutlery, but I have used it on my Henckels knives with great success. For the record...the poor Henckels chef knife has gotten very little use since I got my Santoku last year.

I have a past host who got the Santoku. She loved it at first better then her Cutco (sp?), but she now says it's not cutting as good. She doesn't have the honing tool so I was going to suggest that. I also think maybe she should exchange it.

Ooohh... the honing tool will make a HUGE difference for that host! I use mine about every other time that I use my knives, and they're still wickedly sharp.

chefann said:
Ooohh... the honing tool will make a HUGE difference for that host! I use mine about every other time that I use my knives, and they're still wickedly sharp.
I use mine about every other week and mine are really sharp too. (I use the santuko EVERY day!)

1. Can the honing tool be used on any type of knife?

Yes, the honing tool is designed to work on all types of non-Pampered Chef knives.

2. How often should I use the honing tool?

It is recommended to use the honing tool every 2-3 uses of your knife to keep the blade sharp.

3. Can the honing tool fix a dull knife?

No, the honing tool is meant to maintain the sharpness of your knife, not fix a dull blade. If your knife is already dull, it may need to be sharpened.

4. How do I use the honing tool?

Hold the honing tool in one hand and the knife in the other. Place the honing tool at a 20-degree angle against the blade and gently run the tool along the entire length of the blade, from the base to the tip, in a sweeping motion. Repeat on the other side of the blade for a total of 2-3 passes on each side.

5. Will the honing tool damage my knife?

No, the honing tool is specifically designed to gently realign the blade of your knife without causing any damage. As long as you use the tool correctly, it will not harm your knife.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmaraJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • musicalglow