• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Vendor Open House ~Oh Well~

In summary, an expert summarizer would say that the speaker had a disappointing open house yesterday. Between themselves and all the vendors, they probably invited 500-600 people. One vendor had 4 family and friends come, which was the only success of the day. The host put out about 150 flyers around her neighborhood, but the event was a bomb and the attendees were all very disappointed.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I had my open house yesterday and it was a bomb! Between myself and all the vendors, we probably invited 500-600 people. The host even put out about 150 flyers around her neighborhood! One vendor had 4 family and friends come, my mom came and one person from school came (3 of the vendors are teachers)!!!:cry: We were all very disappointed, but thankfully they all were very good sports and chalked it up as good experience. We did all have at least 1 sale - I had one sale for $44 and one booking. I organized the event, so I feel responsible and a complete failure!:grumpy: Hopefully they don't hate me.

Sorry it was such a bust. I have been hearing a lot of that this year, unfortch. I don't do open houses anymore for that reason, too - at my HOH last yr, only 3 ppl showed, and I sent out over 900 invites via postcard, email & phone!! My "virtual" open houses tend to do much better, so I'm sticking to those from now on. Sorry it was such a disappointment - I've been there, and it's no fun. ((HUGS))! :balloon:

The best luck I had was to do my open house before Thanksgiving, as a fundraiser AND on a weekday morning. I had stay-at-home moms come that wouldn't have taken time away from family in the evening. The fundraiser for a neighborhood girl with cancer was also a draw - and may be feel good too....Sorry and they can't blame you since you did your best.

beepampered said:
The best luck I had was to do my open house before Thanksgiving, as a fundraiser AND on a weekday morning. I had stay-at-home moms come that wouldn't have taken time away from family in the evening. The fundraiser for a neighborhood girl with cancer was also a draw - and may be feel good too....Sorry and they can't blame you since you did your best.

Not to change the subject, but how do you do a fund raiser for a person with cancer, since HO wont make a check out to an individual? I have a 5 yr old boy in my church with leukemia and 3 other siblings. They arent going to have much of a Christmas, since Westley is at the hospital and ay not be home again. I've been wanting to do a fund raiser for the family, but wasnt sure how to go about it.

Thanks....

ragschef said:
Not to change the subject, but how do you do a fund raiser for a person with cancer, since HO wont make a check out to an individual? I have a 5 yr old boy in my church with leukemia and 3 other siblings. They arent going to have much of a Christmas, since Westley is at the hospital and ay not be home again. I've been wanting to do a fund raiser for the family, but wasnt sure how to go about it.

Thanks....

I don't know this for sure, it's just a guess...maybe if there is a fund set up through a bank in the persons name. Like "So-and-so's Leukemia Fund". That way, it isn't exactly made out to an individual. Like I said, I have no idea, just a guess.

That sounds right to me, Heather.

Hi all. There is hope for multi-vendor open houses...I had one at the beginning of the month for $700 and another for $400. I too have had more share of flops but good ones come too :)

Don't lose hope!

I have tried just about every way to get people to multi vendor or open house events. They most effective way that I have found it to email everyone, tell them to watch thier mailbox for an invitation. Then mail an invitaion to them, then call each person to make sure they received the invite. I NEVER recomend doing mass mailings. I feel it is a waste of stamps if you don't take the time to call and follow up on each invite.

I'm doing one of these this coming Sunday. It's on the 25th floor of an apartment building, in their party room. The organizer has put up flyers in all the elevators and on the front door,and also in all the businesses on the block. There are only about 6 vendors for this - Mary Kay, a jewelry person, a bra person (this seems a little odd to me, but ok), a Barefoot Books person, myself, and possibly a Tastefully Simple person. I'm keeping candles lit to Lakshmi all week on this one!

I actually have done a total of three open houses. the first one was my biggest show 700 and my second wad here at home and it was a bust only 3 out of 50 CONFIRMED guests showed up. The third was ok it was 300.

1. What is the purpose of the Holiday Vendor Open House?

The Holiday Vendor Open House is a special event where multiple vendors, including Pampered Chef, come together to showcase their products and offer special deals and promotions for holiday shopping.

2. Can anyone attend the Holiday Vendor Open House?

Yes, the event is open to the public and anyone can attend. It's a great opportunity to get a head start on your holiday shopping and support small businesses.

3. Will there be any exclusive products or deals at the Holiday Vendor Open House?

Yes, each vendor will have their own exclusive products and promotions available only at the event. Pampered Chef will also have limited edition holiday-themed products and special discounts for attendees.

4. Is there a fee to attend the Holiday Vendor Open House?

No, there is no fee to attend the event. It is free and open to everyone.

5. Can I place orders at the Holiday Vendor Open House?

Yes, you can place orders for Pampered Chef products at the event. Our consultants will be available to assist you with any questions and take your orders. You can also place orders online through our website using a special code provided at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbondr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tara1021