• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holiday Treats for Gifts: Creative and Delicious Ideas

In summary, Kasey is making pecan tassies for the holiday season. She has also included a recipe for tart shells and a recipe for the filling.
catlwilles
Gold Member
What are you making to give as gifts? I like to make a plateful of goodies to take to friends. So far I'm planning on: Oreo Truffles, Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops, Carmel Popcorn, and homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Do you have any other easy recipes to add?

I give holiday treats as gifts also. My mother and grandmother make homemade candy for the church bazaar and always make extra for the holidays. I also bake a dozen different cookies and brownies to add. Plus we make homemade fudge, and peanut butter fudge. This year I am going to add the brownie lollipops to add to the pile. I give them to my kids teachers, bus drivers, friends and neighbors.

Pecan Tassies all the way :)

Homemade cinnamon rolls? Would you share your recipe?

I second the pecan tassies!

I'm simplifying this year. I will be making only krumkake, fudge, and the cranberry crunch bark with both white and chocolate versions. The krumkake is time-consuming because I can only make two at a time with the iron but the others are easy, easy, easy.

Gingerbread Cutout Cookies, Fudge, Russian TeaBalls, Sugar Cookies, Cranberry Crunch Bark, and mini loaves of Orange Cranberry Bread, Pumpkin Bread, and Banana Nut Bread.

That's it for now, if I have time, I have some others waiting in the wings.:chef:

I like doing fudge - pumpkin and chocolate are my favorites.

Also mini loaves/mini-fluted pan.

The pretzel wreaths from last year are really cute too, I did those last year for friends.

I am making a double batch of Amish Friendship this weekend which will make about 8-10 loaves of bread that I am going to use as gifts.

My brothers EXPECT buckeyes, when I walk through the door, I better have a tin in my hands, or I can not come in (LOL) It is just about that bad. I make them every year, as well as almond biscotti, and cappucine mix. I make the mix all Fall long, always have a jar ready, and always have whip cream in the fridge.

Mini cream cheese chocolate chip cupcakes, magic cookie bars, spritz slims (choc. dipped on both ends of shortbread cookie), pumpkin choc. chip cookies, and this year I'm going to add the brownie lollipops (or some type of variation of it)

I am doing the Harvest Spiced Nuts & the Sweet Caramel Cashews to put in prep bowls. I am going to try the Mint Chocolate Meringues. Some kind of fudge to make little rosettes with the EAD. Cut out cookies with frosting and decorations. Peppermint Candy Spritz cookies with the Cookie Press. I might try the Pecan Tassies... Cranberry Almond Bark... maybe Peanut Brittle. And I'm going to make some kind of mini-loaf breads. I had on my list the Quick Chocolate Mint Fudge and the Peppermint Fudge Cookie, then I realized that I had a whole lot of mint going on, they all sound so good. I might make some magic layer bars, but that's just for the family and not for the gift trays. I'm also going to make some sort of chex mix, I have a recipe for a Margarita Chex Fiesta Mix that I might try.... not sure if that will make it to the gift trays or not either, depending on how much my family likes it. I guess that's about it unless I see another recipe that sounds good... and all of that is IF I find enough time and energy! Sounds pretty ambitious for me!

What are pecan tassies?

Little individual pecan pies made in the deluxe mini muffin pan. Yum! In All The Best cookbook and under Consultant's Corner Recipe Search as well.​

Here you go Kasey!

Pecan Tassies

Tart Shells
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour

Filling
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
Powdered sugar (optional)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350EF. For tart shells, beat butter and cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until well blended. Add flour; mix until a soft dough forms.

2. Using Small Scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls of dough into ungreased cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Dip Mini-Tart Shaper in flour; press into dough with even pressure until dough rises slightly above rim of pan.

3. For filling, place butter in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Finely chop pecans using Food Chopper; add to batter bowl and mix well.

4. Using Small Scoop, fill each tart shell with level scoop of filling (do not overfill or they will be next to impossible to get out since the filling will overflow and stick to the sides). Bake 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not overbake! Remove from oven; cool in pan 3 minutes only (or they’ll be tough to get out). Remove from pan ( I use a citrus peeler to get them out easily)and place on Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

Yield: 24 tarts – 26 tarts

Last year I did Cherry Eggnog Tea Bread (mini loaves) in the old "Celebrate" cookbook.
Tempting Toffee Crisps in the old " More Stoneware Sensations" cookbook.
and the pretzels wreaths from last years Theme show "Homemade for the Holidays" but I just dipped them and put the Cinnamon Sprinkle...didn't put them in a wreath shape.

Tempting Toffee Crisps
12 whole (5 x 2 ½ -inch) graham crackers
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter (do not use margarine)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
½ cup almonds, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Arrange graham crackers side by side in single layer in Stoneware Bar Pan.

3. In 2-qt saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally with bamboo spoon, until mixture comes to a full boil across the surface.
Continue boiling 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove saucepan from heat and immediately pour mixture evenly over crackers.

4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.

5. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels; allow to soften then spread evenly over baked crackers using Large Spreader.

6. Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over chocolate.

7. Cool completely. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Break or cut into pieces.

Yield: About 2 dozen pieces

COOK’S TIPS:
Once the chocolate is firm, the crisps should be stored in a cool place at room temperature. Keep them tightly covered so the graham crackers will stay crisp.
((I store mine in refrigerator – I like ‘em cold!! They are still crisp.))

Substitute peanuts, pecans or walnuts for almonds, or omit nuts, if desired.

Nicole,

Do you have the recipe for the pretzel wreaths you did? We don't have it on our CC here. Also was the bread yummy? I'd love to try it! TIA!

Cherry Eggnog bread? That sounds AWESOME!! I tried to search it on the PC website but nothing came up , would you share the recipe?
Thanks!

Trade ya Jill. Could you post the recipe for the wreaths from your Homemade for the Holidays section on CC and I'll go find the Cherry Eggnog recipe...

Here you go...

Cherry Eggnog Tea Bread
(Celebrate! Cookbook, pg 97)
This festive, cherry-studded quick bread is the ultimate treat whether served for a brunch, and afternoon tea or a simple dessert.

Prep time: 25 minutes Bake time: 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes

Bread
¾ cup maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 cup eggnog
Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons eggnog
¼ cup toasted sliced natural almonds

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray bottom only of Stoneware Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Chop maraschino cherries using Food Chopper. Place cherries on paper towels; pat dry.
2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, bet granulated sugar and butter on high speed of electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy.
3. On medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended. Add one third of the four mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Beat in half of the eggnog, Add another one third of the flour mixture, the remaining eggnog, and then the remaining flour mixture, beating after each addition just until combined. Gently stir cherries into batter; pour batter into pan.
4. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf; remove from pan to Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
5. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth; drizzle half of mixture over cooled loaf. Sprinkle evenly with almonds. Drizzle remaining glaze over almonds. Cut into slices using Serrated Bread Knife.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 3 fat (3 carb)

This should help!
I love the cherry eggnog bread...the glaze is a MUST!

The second attachment is the festive holiday desserts from last year...the wreaths are the second page..the 3rd page is the bark...it would be great to give as gifts too!

Attachments

• Cherry Eggnog Bread.pdf
    367.9 KB · Views: 262
  • holiday_festive_recipes.pdf
    356.8 KB · Views: 488
Oh!
You beat me Jodi !! :)

:D

Now I just need the pretzel one ;)

kcjodih said:
:D

Now I just need the pretzel one ;)

I posted the pretzel one ...it's in with the "Festive Holiday Desserts'' file.

Thanks Jodi! That sounds so good!

ChefNic said:
I posted the pretzel one ...it's in with the "Festive Holiday Desserts'' file.

Oops, didn't notice. Thanks Nicole!

What are some easy holiday treat recipes that make great gifts?

Some easy holiday treat recipes that make great gifts include chocolate-dipped pretzel rods, homemade granola, peppermint bark, spiced nuts, and sugar cookies.

What are some tips for packaging holiday treats for gifts?

Some tips for packaging holiday treats for gifts include using festive containers or jars, adding a personalized tag or label, and ensuring that the treats are packaged securely to prevent them from breaking or getting stale.

How far in advance can holiday treats be made?

It depends on the type of treat, but most holiday treats can be made 1-2 weeks in advance if stored properly in an airtight container. Some treats, like cookies, can even be frozen for up to 3 months.

What are some creative ways to present holiday treats as gifts?

Some creative ways to present holiday treats as gifts include arranging them in a gift basket with other goodies, placing them in a mason jar and adding a ribbon, or creating a DIY treat box with decorative paper.

Are there any gluten-free or vegan options for holiday treats to give as gifts?

Yes, there are many gluten-free and vegan options for holiday treats to give as gifts. Some ideas include gluten-free brownies, vegan truffles, or homemade fruit and nut bars. Be sure to check the ingredients and allergen information before giving them as gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies