• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - the Bride Doesn't Care for Pampered Chef

In summary, the bride-to-be doesn't want any Pampered Chef products and her mother is the one having the shower. The host is planning a show with family-friendly activities and the bride-to-be is helping to pick the benefits.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

Yes you read the title correctly. I'm having a bridal shower on Sunday. I just spoke to the bride to be over the weekend and she said she doesn't care if she gets any PC products or not!:eek: She said she doesn't like to cook and her husband to be does most of the cooking (they already live together). She had him look through the catalog and pick what she should register for:eek: :eek: The future mother-in law is the one having the shower.

My delima - how to WOW this bride to be. I originally thought about making the Caprese sandwiches, but now I'm thinking about making a Calzone. My thinking is they are very easy to make and can be made so many different ways. I'm going to have the bride help me make the recipe.

I know I can talk about the Simple Additions and how they can be used even if you don't make your own food or for non-food uses. What other ideas might the bride like since she doesn't like to cook?

Should I joke about how I know she doesn't like to cook, or just ignore that fact?

The host does want to do the apron which everyone will sign, and I have a veil to put on her head for pictures. I'm going to play a "Family Feud" game w/bridal questions and read through the 1950's and today bride tips.

I know all of you will have some great ideas for me. I'm so glad to have such a great support group!

Thanks for any help,

Rhonda B.

I don't like to cook and I LOVE PC. Show her some of the baking tools, she might like to bake. Also show her ways to use PC stuff that don't involve a lot of cooking. She may cook light items, but the hubby-to-be does the heavy cooking.

I am having a show June 19 and the wife doesn't cook either. She let her husband look at the book and he is actually going to attend the show, so he can pick the host benefit items. If it is appropriate, maybe the future hubby can attend.

HTH
Nancy

I always am a fan of the rings. (i know, boring) But that is what was fixed at my first PC show that I attended (and signed up at). I was amazed that you can throw some stuff together, wrap it up in cresent rolls and it tastes THAT good, just my opinion. If you show her that cooking doesn't have to be complicated, she may change her mind.. Lets hope so!! Anyway, show off the grill tools, and everything else... good luck!!:)

The host is the one to wow and that's the mother in law. I wouldn't worry about the bride so much. If you want to mention tips "for those who don't like to cook" then mention the micro-cooker, can opener, knives and cutting boards. Everyone needs these items. I don't like to cook but it's a fact of married life. If her future husband is the cook, then let her get the stuff for him. Good luck....I have a bridal shower Sunday and I have never talked to the bride or her mother. I have no clue what she likes but hope that the hostesses (four friends of the mom) are pleased.....BEE

Maybe she's never been to a cooking show before? I'm with Mary, the rings are my favorites, so easy! Definately focus on the necessities that everyone needs. Focus on impressing the guests too-and remind them they can also order for themselves! Good luck!

I would make and bring the bridal cake to the shower and just that alone will really wow everyone. And even if the bride isn't wowed by the products, as long as the guests understood the instructions NOT to bring a gift, you should get some good sales. Plus, hopefully the guests will buy some for themselves. Hopefully she won't spread the word too much that she's not a big fan of PC!!:eek:

Stoneware is the BEST thing for reheating leftovers and heating frozen, pre-cooked food (ie. french fries, cooked chicken breasts, etc.)!!! Just make sure you give tips on how to use the item if you are not a gourmet cook. Maybe even look at it from what a child could do with the item to please Mom on Mother's Day. Also, make sure the bride knows how much of an aphrodesiac (sp?) Pampered Chef products can be too a cook...what a great way to start a honeymoon!

Why convince her to love cooking?! If the husband cooks you still have a family to sell Pampered Chef to. Have the party for her, but sell the products to him. Make sure you mention him while you demo stuff...he can make you soft perfectly baked cookies on our stones. Saturday mornings you can wake up to fluffy pancakes being cooked on our Cookware (then go into the benefits and features of the cookware). Your husband will enjoy prepping out the night's dinner in our Prep Bowl set, but you can also use them for...

Sell her the products by showing what HE can do with them. She will close her mind off if you say, "and this is what you can do with the XYZ".

Thanks for all the adviceHi Everyone,

Thank you so much for some great ideas and mostly for making me feel better.

Actually I've decided not to stress about the recipe. I have some other consultants who told me they don't even do a recipe at their bridal showers. They mostly focus on the bride which is what it should be.

The host has decided to make the Broccoli Salad Squares because she doesn't want a long demo and doesn't want to have the oven on while the guests are there so the house doesn't get hot. She is going to do the cresent roll crust ahead of time. She wants the bride to do all the toppings w/my tools. I'll just talk her through it and give her some hints. I think I'll also demo the Ultimate Slice and Grate since we will be focusing on vegis. I'll tell everyone about the upcoming specials as well if they host their own show. I'm offering Luau parties in July. I figured I would do a little talking about the new products. I really don't want it to be long. I think since they are all family they will want to visit and not listen to me!

Thanks again everyone. You are the best!

Rhonda B.

Rhonda - what are you planning on doing at your Luau parties?

Hi Kate,

I bought a CD w/Luau music and a blow up limbo stick. I also purchased some fake leis to give to the guests when they come in. I also purchased some tiki paper decorations and some of the unbrella straws. I figured these could also be used for my Survivor shows

I figured the limbo could be used for a door prize. I'm hoping to do these outside by a pool or on a patio. I have a small table I purchased at Sam's Club which is countertop height which I can use outside. I thought we could do grilled pizza or just some grilled chicken w/our rubs.

I don't know if I'll get any takers, but I hope I do. I haven't finalized the details yet, but these are some of my thoughts.

If anyone else has some great ideas to go along w/these let me know.

Thanks,

Rhonda B.

A Delicate MatterYou're getting into a tricky place - between a bride to be and her future in-law. I have some unique perspective on this -- as a guy consultant. Have you called to talk directly with the husband? Try to have him there - even if only for " a quick show of the barbecue tools" or whatever. He will be wowed, his mom will be wowed, and the bride will start to 'get it'.

I am having my first bridal shower of the summer mid-July, and have a couple fun ways to mess with the bride. I'll attach them to this post; have to log off first, though.

Don't overlook the guys - we can add 30% increased profits to a show if you'll just ask us! [What would 30% better sales be like? 30% better recruits be like??]

Only 1 of these attachments is what I thought I was sending - I'll have to find my other ones; have some really good "roasts" for a new bride/new cook.

Attachments

• bridal theme - cues.doc
    53 KB · Views: 567
  • top ten reasons.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 472
  • party games.doc
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:
scottcooks said:
You're getting into a tricky place - between a bride to be and her future in-law. I have some unique perspective on this -- as a guy consultant. Have you called to talk directly with the husband? Try to have him there - even if only for " a quick show of the barbecue tools" or whatever. He will be wowed, his mom will be wowed, and the bride will start to 'get it'.

I am having my first bridal shower of the summer mid-July, and have a couple fun ways to mess with the bride. I'll attach them to this post; have to log off first, though.

Don't overlook the guys - we can add 30% increased profits to a show if you'll just ask us! [What would 30% better sales be like? 30% better recruits be like??]

Scott please don't forget those attachments! I can't wait to see!

pampchefrhondab said:
Hi Everyone,

Yes you read the title correctly. I'm having a bridal shower on Sunday. I just spoke to the bride to be over the weekend and she said she doesn't care if she gets any PC products or not!:eek: She said she doesn't like to cook and her husband to be does most of the cooking (they already live together). She had him look through the catalog and pick what she should register for:eek: :eek: The future mother-in law is the one having the shower.

My delima - how to WOW this bride to be. I originally thought about making the Caprese sandwiches, but now I'm thinking about making a Calzone. My thinking is they are very easy to make and can be made so many different ways. I'm going to have the bride help me make the recipe.

I know I can talk about the Simple Additions and how they can be used even if you don't make your own food or for non-food uses. What other ideas might the bride like since she doesn't like to cook?

Should I joke about how I know she doesn't like to cook, or just ignore that fact?

The host does want to do the apron which everyone will sign, and I have a veil to put on her head for pictures. I'm going to play a "Family Feud" game w/bridal questions and read through the 1950's and today bride tips.

I know all of you will have some great ideas for me. I'm so glad to have such a great support group!

Thanks for any help,

Rhonda B.

I like to show them how to do the Twist (see Chicken Bistro) - - sooooo easy and yummy, and then show how All The Best has 6-8 different fillings you can put in there (my favorite is the chopped spinach & artichoke), or you can put in whatever you like (sausage, or chopped cold cuts, etc).
I usually sell the ATB, the stoneware cleaning brush, the bread knife, the kitchen spritzer (you can show the (products that save money) and a stone.

pampchefrhondab said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any help,

Rhonda B.

Okay, so how did it go...please tell!!

1. How can I convince the bride to use Pampered Chef products for her wedding registry?

One great way to convince the bride is to offer her a free demonstration of our products. This will allow her to see the quality and usefulness of our items firsthand. You can also highlight the benefits of having durable and versatile kitchen tools for her new home.

2. What if the bride is already registered with another brand?

If the bride is already registered with another brand, you can offer to do a side-by-side comparison of our products with the ones she has chosen. This will show her the unique features and benefits of our products and why they would be a great addition to her registry.

3. The bride is not interested in cooking, how can I still encourage her to register with Pampered Chef?

Even for non-cooking brides, our products can still be useful in their home. You can highlight the convenience and time-saving features of our products, such as our quick and easy meal prep tools or our versatile cookware that can be used for a variety of dishes.

4. What if the bride is on a budget?

Pampered Chef offers a range of products at different price points, so there is something for every budget. You can suggest that the bride register for a mix of higher-end and more affordable items to give her guests a variety of options to choose from.

5. The bride is not interested in hosting a party, can she still register with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! The bride can register with Pampered Chef even without hosting a party. You can explain to her that registering with us allows her to receive discounts and special offers, as well as access to our wedding registry tools and resources to make the process easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • jennyl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies