• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the bridal shower all about the bride?

In summary, Marci has the bride do all the cooking and gets them an apron to sign. She talks about the business opportunity at some point, but mostly focuses on the couple and their story. She also has a display where the guests can purchase items for the bride.
beckysuem
I had a mother of the bride ask me how I make sure that the shower is all about the bride. That got me thinking....

I have the bride do all the cooking and I get her an apron for everyone to sign. Do you talk about the business opportunity at all? Do you talk about your own story and how you started selling? Do you talk much about hosting a show?

I'm almost positive I'll be doing a show for this bride and now I want to make sure to take all the focus off myself and on the bride. Thoughts?

I have the bride and bridal party make the recipe! It's always a blast. I do still share my intro story and talk about recruiting and booking (booking off the party helps the bride!). I try to share things that they use that is on the bride's wish list.

Rae makes a Batter Bowl Bride cake using a doll pick with the same color hair as her bride, and a ribbon in the bride's wedding colors.

Yes, I do. Be warned, however, that they do not make red-headed doll picks. You can't dye doll hair, but you can carefully color it with a Sharpie.

raebates said:
Yes, I do. Be warned, however, that they do not make red-headed doll picks. You can't dye doll hair, but you can carefully color it with a Sharpie.

I can see you trying to use a sharpie to color every strand of hair on the dolls!
roflmao.gif

I did a shower last May - it was given by the groom's mother and most of the guests were the grooms family. Both the bride and groom were there and they did the actual cooking. I prepared envelopes ahead of time numbered 1-16 (or thereabouts). Each guest wound up gettting two envelopes. In each envelope was a step for making chicken fajitas in the DCB. When it was their turn, the guest told the couple what to do and then told something about them that they wanted the bride to know or something about the groom or anything they wanted to share. I talked very briefly about myself at the beginning and about the tools they used in the different steps but kept the focus on the couple. This worked really well - everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and party sales were over $1000.

I also had the bride give me a wish list ahead of time. I printed two pictures of each item with it's cost and number on cardstock, cut them apart and glued them on either side of a popsicle-type stick. These were then stuck in a styrofoam base that could be decorated in the wedding colors. The guests could then select which items they wanted to purchase for the bride and take that out of the display which made keeping track of what had been purchased very easy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Marci

What exactly is "Making It All About the Bride"?

"Making It All About the Bride" is a concept that focuses on creating a wedding experience that is centered around the bride's wants and needs. It involves incorporating personalized touches and making sure the bride feels special and celebrated throughout the entire wedding planning process.

How can I incorporate "Making It All About the Bride" into my wedding planning?

There are many ways to incorporate this concept into your wedding planning. Some ideas include having the bride choose her favorite color scheme, incorporating personal photos or mementos into the decor, and allowing the bride to have the final say on important decisions.

Why is it important to make the wedding all about the bride?

It is important to make the wedding all about the bride because it is her special day and she deserves to feel like the center of attention. By incorporating personalized touches and focusing on her wants and needs, the bride will feel loved, appreciated, and cherished on her wedding day.

What are some examples of personalized touches that can make the wedding all about the bride?

Some examples of personalized touches include having a signature cocktail that represents the bride's favorite drink, incorporating her favorite flowers into the decor, and playing songs that are meaningful to the bride and groom during the reception.

How can I ensure that the bride feels special throughout the entire wedding planning process?

To ensure that the bride feels special throughout the entire wedding planning process, it is important to communicate with her and involve her in decision making. Make sure to listen to her ideas and incorporate them into the wedding plans. You can also surprise her with small gestures, such as a spa day or a special dinner, to show her how much she means to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • KellieM's Kitchen