• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! Problem With Host Getting Orders

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is having trouble with a hostess who wants to wait until she receives her products before paying for them. The consultant is concerned about getting stuck with someone else's products if they change their mind or have to wait until payday to pay. The consultant is seeking suggestions on how to handle the situation and some possible solutions are given, such as explaining the need to pay upfront and offering to hold checks until a certain date. Ultimately, it is advised that the hostess be firm with her friends and family about paying upfront for their orders.
proudmama02
I have someone doing a catalog show. They have had the catalogs for about 2 weeks. I called to check on her and she said."People want to buy stuff,but they want to wait and pay for it when they get it". I told her that I couldn't do this. I need the money before placing order. I just don't know what to do. I can't afford to pay for their stuff, nor do I want to take a chance in getting stuck with someone else's products, because they change their mind or have to wait until payday. Does anyone have any suggestions?? She has until July 21st. to close the party.

There are a couple of things you might try. One is to tell her that you have to pay for the order before it can ship out. I have had several guests question why they have to pay for their order before but when I explain that I have to pay that usually quiets them. But really, would you expect to order something from say Pottery Barn and ask them if you can pay for it after it arrives. Not gonna happen. Another thing you could do is ask her when her friends or co workers get paid. Maybe you could work around that date. I have several times held checks for guests. I do this alot for school teachers because they only get paid once a month. But you just have to use your better judgement. I wouldn't suggest that for all.
Hope that helps a bit.
Laura Anglea
Independent Kitchen Consultant.

Don't Do It!!Absolutely do not let them pay when their stuff arrives. Let the Host know that you need to pay for the merchandise before it is delivered. It's kinda funny the way some people think. I don't think there are any businesses that allow you to pay when the merchandise arrives, not even school fundraisers. Unfortunately you just never know when you are going to get burned.

Good Luck :) :) :)

If she is having trouble explaining itto her friends & family, you could ask that she pay up front for the orders. (Write you a check & her friends & family will pay her.) If she is not comfortable with this, then she will understand your reluctance to do this.

I know that credit cards aren't processed until the order actually leaves the warehouse, so perhaps they would feel more comfortable with that. Other than that, I would try to get post dated cheques for a date in one week. Deposit the cheques and place the order after they have cleared as usual.

I hope that your hostess will be able to be firm with her friends & family. Good Luck :rolleyes:

Esther

Hi there! I understand your concern about customers wanting to wait and pay for their purchases when they receive them. As a consultant, it is important for us to collect payment before placing the order to ensure that we can cover the cost of the products and any fees associated with the order. However, I have found that offering payment options such as credit card or PayPal can make it easier for customers to pay upfront.You could also try reaching out to the host and explaining the importance of collecting payment before placing the order. You can assure them that this is standard procedure and necessary for the success of their party. If they are still hesitant, you could suggest setting up a payment plan where they can make smaller payments leading up to the deadline.In the future, it may be helpful to mention the payment policy to customers at the start of the party to avoid any confusion or issues later on. I hope these suggestions help and the party is successful! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Best of luck!

1. How can I help my host with getting orders for their party?

There are a few things you can do to help your host get more orders for their party. First, make sure they have all the necessary tools and information to promote their party, such as digital invitations and order forms. Encourage them to reach out to friends and family through social media or personal messages. You can also offer incentives, like a free product or discount, for guests who place orders. Lastly, be available to answer any questions or concerns your host may have about the ordering process.

2. My host is having trouble with guests placing orders. What can I do?

If your host is having trouble with guests placing orders, it could be helpful to reach out to those guests directly. Sometimes a personal message or reminder can make a big difference. You can also offer to assist with the ordering process if they are having technical difficulties. Additionally, make sure your host is promoting their party effectively and offering incentives to encourage orders.

3. What should I do if a guest is having trouble placing an order?

If a guest is having trouble placing an order, first make sure they have all the necessary information and tools to do so. Provide them with a digital order form or offer to help them place the order yourself. If they are still having difficulties, you can direct them to our customer service team for further assistance.

4. My host is worried that they won't reach the minimum sales requirement. What should I tell them?

Remind your host that reaching the minimum sales requirement is not the only goal of their party. Hosting a party is also a great opportunity to get together with friends and family, have fun, and learn about Pampered Chef products. However, if your host is still concerned, you can offer tips for promoting their party and reaching more potential customers.

5. How can I help my host if they are having trouble with online orders?

If your host is having trouble with online orders, make sure they have the correct link to the party's website and that the website is functioning properly. If the issue persists, you can offer to assist with the ordering process or direct them to our customer service team for further assistance. You can also suggest alternative methods of ordering, such as through email or over the phone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • byrd1956