• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Sales Return Affecting Goals & Host Benefits?

In summary, the person is asking if a customer returning a product they bought at full price within 30 days will affect their sales and host benefits. They are also considering trying to get the customer to host a show to potentially keep the sale and reach their sales goal. The expert responds that typically returns do not affect sales and host benefits, and suggests giving the customer the company's phone number to arrange the return. The person is worried about potentially losing a $450 sale and is trying to negotiate with the customer to keep the sale.
Becky0216
Ok, I have a question and HO hold time is so long, I am waiting for a call back. Maybe someone here knows the answer.

I Closed a show at the beginning of this month and a customer bought the 7piece cookwear set full price. Now she has it and has decided it was too much to spend and wants to return it. I know it is within the 30 days and HO will pay for it to go back, but will it affect my sales?
See my issue is that sale put me pretty much right at my 3k SAT goal and my shows are done for the month with no possibility of anymore sales. I would be so bummed if this affected the end result. Also, what about the host benefits etc.? Does she have to pay in now?

TIA, I just would like some info before the next few hours.
Becky

It usually doesn't affect your sales, I haven't seen them pull that back when the customer changes their mind.Host benefits won't change - they don't blame the host either.I'd give her the 800# and have her call and work to return it though.

See, the thing is, I am working on her hosting a show. So if I do this return for her I may be able to talk her into a show to get it half off. Ideally, I would love this sale because it gets me to the SAT level though.
Oh well, we shall see how it goes. If the SAT level gets pulled from me I will have to accept it. I just don't want my host to lose anything because of it. It is a $450 loss.
What really gets me is she has more than enough money to afford it.

Your commissionable sales are not adjusted unless the whole show is returned.

Thanks. Heres hoping.
SHe may still keep the cookware. I am working on it.

What are the main reasons a sales return would affect goals and host benefits?

The main reasons a sales return would affect goals and host benefits include a decrease in overall sales and a decrease in total party sales, which can impact the host's rewards and benefits. Additionally, if the return is for a product that was originally purchased by a party guest, it may result in a lower guest order total, affecting the host's rewards.

How can a sales return impact a consultant's personal sales goal?

If a customer returns a product that was originally purchased from a consultant, it will decrease their personal sales total. This can affect their ability to meet their sales goals and potentially impact their commission and bonuses.

What steps should a consultant take when a sales return affects their goals and host benefits?

First, the consultant should reach out to their team leader or customer service for assistance. They may need to adjust their goals or find ways to make up for the lost sales. It's also important to communicate with the host and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the return.

Are there any strategies a consultant can use to prevent or minimize the impact of sales returns on their goals and host benefits?

One strategy is to offer excellent customer service and ensure that guests are satisfied with their purchases. This can help prevent returns in the first place. Additionally, consultants can offer incentives or discounts to encourage guests to keep their purchases instead of returning them.

How can a consultant handle a sales return in a way that maintains a positive relationship with the host and guests?

The consultant should handle the return with professionalism and empathy. They should communicate clearly and promptly with the host and guests, offering a solution that meets their needs and maintains their satisfaction. It's also important to follow up with the host and guests to ensure their continued satisfaction with the products and services offered by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies