• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed for Dim Sum Then Some Theme Show for Chinese New Year!

In summary, dim sum is a style of Cantonese cuisine consisting of small, bite-sized portions of food traditionally served in steamer baskets or on small plates during Chinese New Year celebrations. Some popular dishes include steamed dumplings, steamed buns, and pan-fried dishes, as well as sweet desserts like egg tarts and sesame balls. Tips for making dim sum at home include using high-quality ingredients, following recipes closely, and using proper steaming techniques. Other Chinese New Year decorations and activities to incorporate into a theme show include red lanterns, calligraphy, and traditional games. For preparing dim sum dishes, some useful Pampered Chef products include the Bamboo Steamer Set, Garlic Press, Mix 'N Chop, Stoneware Bar
A Pampered Kitchen
Silver Member
Does anyone have a file on the Dim Sum Then Some Theme show. I am looking for all the recipes and any ideas to help me. I am going to use this as a show for the Chinese New Year. Any help would be greatly apprecited!!

You can emial me at: [email protected] if it is too large to post.

Thanks,

Cara

Hi Cara,I don't have a file on the Dim Sum Then Some Theme show, but I do have some ideas and recipes that may help you. First of all, for the show, you could set up a traditional dim sum cart or display with various bite-sized dishes for your guests to try. Some popular dim sum dishes to include are steamed dumplings, bao buns, and egg tarts.For the Chinese New Year, you could also incorporate some traditional lucky foods into your menu, such as longevity noodles, whole fish, and citrus fruits. You could also include some festive decorations, such as red lanterns or paper cutouts.As for recipes, there are plenty of resources online for dim sum dishes and Chinese New Year dishes. Some popular websites to check out are Allrecipes, Food Network, and Epicurious. You could also try searching for specific dishes on YouTube or Pinterest for visual inspiration.I hope this helps and good luck with your show! If you need any specific recipe recommendations, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to help. Happy Chinese New Year!Best,

Hello Cara,I would be more than happy to help you with your Dim Sum Then Some Theme Show for Chinese New Year! I have a file with all the recipes and ideas for this theme show that I would be happy to email to you. I understand that it may be too large to post, so I will send it to your email address: [email protected].In addition to the recipes, I also have some tips and suggestions on how to make the show more interactive and engaging for your guests. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have hosted many successful theme shows and I would be happy to share my expertise with you.Chinese New Year is such a fun and festive celebration, and I'm sure your guests will love the Dim Sum Then Some theme. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. I am looking forward to hearing back from you and helping you make your show a success!

1. What is dim sum and how is it traditionally served during Chinese New Year?

Dim sum is a style of Cantonese cuisine that consists of small, bite-sized portions of food served in steamer baskets or on small plates. It is traditionally served as part of a family-style meal during Chinese New Year celebrations, where friends and family gather to share a variety of dishes.

2. Can you recommend some popular dim sum dishes to serve at the theme show?

Some popular dim sum dishes for Chinese New Year include steamed dumplings (such as siu mai and har gow), steamed buns (such as char siu bao), and pan-fried dishes (such as turnip cake and potstickers). You can also include some sweet desserts like egg tarts or sesame balls.

3. Do you have any tips for making dim sum at home for the theme show?

Some tips for making dim sum at home include using high-quality ingredients, following the recipe closely, and using proper steaming techniques to ensure the best texture and flavor. You can also try using pre-made dumpling wrappers or buns for easier preparation.

4. What other Chinese New Year decorations or activities can I incorporate into the theme show?

Besides serving traditional dim sum dishes, you can also decorate the space with red lanterns and banners, which symbolize good luck and prosperity. You can also have a calligraphy station where guests can have their names written in Chinese characters, or play traditional Chinese New Year games like mahjong or a chopstick challenge.

5. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that would be useful for preparing dim sum dishes?

Yes, some Pampered Chef products that would be useful for preparing dim sum include our Bamboo Steamer Set, Garlic Press, and Mix ‘N Chop. You can also use our Stoneware Bar Pan for pan-frying dishes like turnip cake or potstickers. Our Nylon Pan Scrapers can also be helpful for cleaning steamer baskets and pans easily.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
WendyE
  • sjspchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies