• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Recipes for Senior Show

In summary, the consultant recommends specific cookware, gifts for kids, low sugar recipes, and afternoon dessert parties for older people.
tpc4me
I am doing a show next week at a Senior Citizens Center. There are going to approximately 30 ladies there. Any ideas for recipes and maybe some target products for this age group?????

Thanks

Lara Tracy
Consultant, California
[email protected]

Can't think of particular recipes, but one item that "jumps" out is the Jar Opener. I had a show where someone had arthritis and she said she loved the Jar Opener - I sold 6 at that show because of her comment!
Joanne

The easy opener will also be helpful for older folks. Th small bar board would be good for small apartment/kitchenette. The new cooking for 2 cookbook, might be a good thought, as well as the small round stone, which is so much lighter than the rest of the stoneware. The micro cookers might also be a good addition. Hope it helps

Don't forget the small batter bowl! Also, the prep bowls are great for small servings of leftovers. The small oval baker and small bar pan would also be good items to mention.

Jeanie

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I will definitely us them.

Great grand kids?What about a few fun products they might get as presents for kids? or for christmas? They might like a few cookies too =)

I've done at least three shows at our local HUD apartment project for Seniors.
They tend to buy more at the beginning of the month, rather than the final week of any given month. By the final week, they have spent their limited income, and are watching their pennies til the next check arrives from Social Security. Low sugar recipes are best since many have to watch their sweets because of diabetes. They loved a Strawberry yogurt pie I made ahead. It did not have a crust, and I decorated it with strawberry slices, and fluted it with Cool Whip - using the Easy Accent Decorator. I also demo'd Deviled Eggs made with the Easy Accent Decorator.
They are looking for gifts to thank their children for all their help. Don't under estimate their buying power. One lady bought a Stainless Bowl Set,
and another the Apple/Corer/Pealer for her sister as a thank you. I encourage them to buy the #2955 Chef Tongs to help them reach things on high shelves, and when they don't want to get up from their chairs, and something falls on the floor. They love the microfiber towels; and Twix-it-clips to keep food fresh after it is opened. I suggest they buy both, and hold their towels on the bar of their stoves with the large Twix-it-clip. I sometimes split a package of the Twix-its to give a couple to each person to
get them started with their collection. Afternoon dessert parties are popular with my folks. They range in age from 60-87.

Hi Lara,I have a few recipe ideas that I think would be perfect for your upcoming show at the Senior Citizens Center! First, for an appetizer, I recommend our classic Spinach Artichoke Dip. It's always a crowd-pleaser and easy to make. For a main course, our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is a great option. It's hearty, comforting, and can easily be made in large quantities. For dessert, our Peach Cobbler is a delicious and simple option that will surely satisfy any sweet tooth.As for target products, I suggest highlighting our Manual Food Processor and Vegetable Peeler. These tools are perfect for seniors who may have limited mobility or strength in their hands, but still want to prepare their own meals. Our Smooth-Edge Can Opener is also a great product to showcase, as it requires less effort to use compared to traditional can openers.I hope these suggestions help and good luck with your show! Let me know if you need any further assistance.Best, Pampered Chef Consultant

What type of recipes would be suitable for a senior show?

Recipes that are easy to prepare, nutritious, and cater to any dietary restrictions or limitations would be ideal for a senior show. Also, recipes that can be made in large batches or easily multiplied would be helpful for feeding a larger group.

Do you have any recipes that are specifically designed for seniors?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are tailored for seniors, such as soft foods for those with difficulty chewing, low-sodium options for those with high blood pressure, and recipes that incorporate nutrient-rich ingredients for overall health.

Can you provide recipes that are budget-friendly?

Absolutely. We understand that budget constraints may be a concern for some seniors, so we have a collection of budget-friendly recipes that use affordable ingredients and can be made in bulk for cost savings.

Are there any one-pot or slow cooker recipes that would be suitable for a senior show?

Yes, we have a variety of one-pot and slow cooker recipes that would be perfect for a senior show. These recipes require minimal effort and can be easily adapted to accommodate different dietary needs.

Do you have any recipes that are easy to make for those with limited mobility?

Yes, we have a selection of recipes that are simple and require minimal physical effort, making them perfect for those with limited mobility. Additionally, many of our recipes come with helpful tips for adapting them to suit various accessibility needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76