• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help... Need "Orange Chicken Lo Mein" Recipe

In summary, the host wants the recipe on the back cover of the catalog for her show. I told her that would be no problem and then realized that I only have the first "Weekday Dinners-Done collection" and not the "more!" collection. Would someone be willing to type it up, or scan it and email it to me??? Thank you sooooo much!!!!!
stayinathomemama
Gold Member
Have a host on Thursday that wants "the recipe on the back cover of the catalog" for her show. I told her that would be no problem and then realized that I only have the first "Weekday Dinners-Done collection" and not the "more!" collection. Would someone be willing to type it up, or scan it and email it to me??? Thank you sooooo much!!!!!

Orange Chicken Lo Mein
2 oranges
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp veg. oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 pkg (3 oz each) ramen noodles, any flavor, split into halves
1 bag (12-16 oz) frozen stir-fry veggie blend (e.g. broccoli, carrots & peapods) thawed
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage1. Zest 2 orange using Microplane Adj. Grater to measure 1 Tbsp. Juice both oranges to measure 1/2 cup. Combine zest, juice, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce & seasoning mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Set aside.2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine egg, salt & black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Combine flour & cornstarch in large Colander Bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into Skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside & keep warm.3. Add pressed garlic to skillet. Cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Omitting seasoning packets, add ramen noodles & orange mixture to skillet. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add stir-fry blend & cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are hot & cabbage is crisp tender. Add chick to skillet; mix well to coat chicken.Cooks tip: If desired, 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.

Check out the "Orange Chicken Lo Mein" thread under the "Similar Threads" listed at the bottom of this page. I posted the recipe in that thread back in July.

Sorry that I didn't realize that this was already out here. I really appreciate the super fast response!!!!

Hi there! I would be more than happy to help you out with the recipe from the back cover of the catalog. Can you tell me which collection it is from? I have access to both the "Weekday Dinners-Done" and the "more!" collection, so I can definitely get the recipe for you. Just let me know and I'll send it over to you as soon as possible. Happy to help!

What ingredients do I need for "Orange Chicken Lo Mein"?

To make "Orange Chicken Lo Mein", you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pound chicken breast, diced
  • 1 pound lo mein noodles
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with shrimp, tofu, or beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

How do I make the lo mein noodles?

Cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.

Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian by replacing the chicken with tofu and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also add more vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots to make it more filling.

How do I thicken the sauce for "Orange Chicken Lo Mein"?

To thicken the sauce, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Slowly pour the mixture into the sauce while stirring constantly. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkarl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • chefkugler