1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Recipe ingredients for Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas?

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

Well I'm a mess and have all my cards from weekday dinners done and need to email the ingredients for this recipe for my show Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I remember it well but want to be sure it's accurate. I'm going to have the card by Tuesday but need to email this for now.

This is what I recall

2 medium red and/or green bell peppers
    2 medium onions
    2 garlic cloves peeled
    12 soft tortilla shells (6-7oz)
    1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
    sour cream
    salsa
    chipolte rub
    1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast

I think I may be missing some things. And need to know exact amounts of everything to email. Please respond with the ingredient list as it is on the card.

TIA for your help.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    Oct 18, 2009
  2. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

what about chicken?

Oct 18, 2009
  3. kcmckay

sorry bumping with edits on post

Oct 18, 2009
  4. doughmama

guacamole is optional for the host to get.

Oct 18, 2009
  5. kcmckay

I don't remember that but still need to know if I've got all of them? Well I'm just going to send email now and if I forgot any I'll have to bring them.

Oct 18, 2009
  6. doughmama

wait! don't forget the lime. it really makes a difference!!

Oct 18, 2009
  7. kcmckay

bumping and now asking for the recipe and ingredients. I can't find the card still and need the actual recipe. If someone could please post it if possible asap.

Also so there is no confusion because I think dough mama is thinking of different recipe.

I'm loking for the Rush Hour Chicken Fajita Recipe from the weekday dinners done collection.

TIA

Oct 19, 2009
  8. kcmckay

bumping for someone to post recipe! Please. Thank you.

Oct 20, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Ingredient List:
    2 medium green or red bell peppers or combination
    2 medium onions
    2 garlic cloves, peeled
    1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 tbsp Chipotle Rub
    12 (6-7in) flour tortillas
    1.5 cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup prepared salsa

Directions:
    1) Cut bell peppers lengthwise into 1/4-in. strips and thinly slice onions lengthwise. Slice garlic using Garlic Slicer. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker. Combine chicken and rub in Classic Batter Bowl; turn to coat. Place chicken over vegetables.

2) Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in thickest part of chicken and juices run clear. Scoop Salad Chopper under chicken, avoiding vegetables if possible, and cut chicken into small pieces. Stir chicken into vegetables.

3) Place tortillas into Large Micro-Cooker, microwave, covered on HIGH about 30 seconds or until warm. To serve fajitas, spoon chicken and vegetable mixture onto centers of tortillas. Serve immediately with cheese, sour cream and salsa.

Yield: 6 servings

Oct 20, 2009
  10. pampchefsarah

Let me know if you need and of the Cook's Tips or nutrition information. Also, forgive any spelling errors. I proofread, but may have missed something.

Oct 20, 2009
  11. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
    2 medium green or red bell peppers or combination
    2 medium onions
    2 garlic cloves, peeled
    1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 tbsp Chipotle Rub
    12 (6-7 in) flour tortillas
    1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup prepared salsa

1. Cut bell peppers lenghwise into 1/4 in. strips and thinly slice onions lengthwise. Slice garlic using Garlic Slicer. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker. combine chicken and rub in Classic Batter Bowl; turn to coat. Place chicken over vegetables.
    2. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in thickest part of chicekn and juices run clear. Scoop Salad Chopper under chicken, avoiding vegetables if possible, and cut chicken into small peices. Stir chicken into vegetables.
    3. Place tortillas into Large Micro-Cooker; microwave, covered, on HIGH about 30 seconds or until warm. To serve fajitas, spoon chicken and vegetable mixture onto centers of tortillas. Serve immediately with cheese, sour cream and salsa.
    Yield: 6 servings.

Cook's tips: If desired, 1 pkg (1-1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Chipotle Rub.
    To cook on the stovetop, prepare peppers, onions and garlic as directed. Slice chicken into 1/2-in. strips. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in (12-in.) Skillet 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes or until cooked through. Add 1/4 cup water, vegetables and rub. Cover; simmer 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Oct 20, 2009
  12. ChefPaulaB

Shoot, we were both typing the recipe at the same time! I hate it when I do that!

Oct 20, 2009
  13. ChefPaulaB

I think the lime was from the quick and easy fajitas that everybody on here uses. The Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas, I believe, were taken from that recipe, and agree with doughmama, Don't forget the lime! You can always add to a recipe or change it up to make it better.... Adding a squeeze of lime isn't a huge change but is really good!

Oct 20, 2009
  14. pampchefsarah

Good!! I'm glad more than one person wanted to help. (and, haha, I type faster than you! :p :love:)

But, you added the Cook's Tips, and I didn't.

15. ChefPaulaB

I guess we're even then! ;)

Oct 20, 2009
  16. doughmama

yup, sorry - I was thinking of the other recipe. glad you could help.

Oct 20, 2009
  17. kcmckay

Thank you so much you guys are life savers!:)

Oct 20, 2009
Have something to add?