• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Get in the Christmas Spirit!

In summary, Linda is having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year. She needs some help because she has never had this problem before and she is usually almost done with her Christmas shopping but not this year. Linda also has a few presents bought, but she is missing the feeling of being done with Christmas shopping. Her 5 year old son has his Kindergarten program on Monday, so that might help her feel more festive. Linda is also having to take care of a lot of traditional Christmas things, like baking, and she is hoping that the family trip to the Festival of Trees will help her feel more festive.
apriljc
I am having a hard time getting in the Christmas Spirit this year. I need some help because I have never had this problem. I am usually almost done with my Christmas shopping but not this year. I only have a few presents bought. We have our tree up and lights on the house but that hasn't done the trick yet. My 5 yr old son has his Kindergarten program on Monday so I am hoping that will do the trick. Than we have work Christmas parties and than on Dec 20th my 3 yr old son has his Pre-school program. I think that there is so much going on this year that I just feel like I am going in circles. I don't have much on the books for this month so I think that has a little to do with it. I am starting to feel like an old Scrooge and I don't want to be that way. I don't like feeling this way. Please help!!

I know how you feel!I am having trouble too, which is so UNLIKE me:eek: . I got sick a few days before Thanksgivng and have just now started feeling better (in case anyone has missed me and been wondering where I've been:confused: I've been checking in around here, and posted a few times, just not my normal chatty self).

I was very excited that Thanksgiving fell earlier this year so that I'd have the extra time for Christmas and now I feel like I've lost about 2 weeks and I'm struggling to catch-up. I did managge to get my tree up and now my 4 yr old son is driving me nuts to finish decorating. I think part of the problem is also that my husband has to be gone this year for Christmas. Today we are doing a family trip to the Festival of Trees (a big Christmas thing here in Atlanta) I'm hoping that will give me a big boost as I've got lots to do!

It is a stressful time, but also a joyous one. I'm trying to focus on the real meaning of the season and not let all of the other commercial influences pull me down. I know that I do have to take care of a lot of traditional stuff for my family, and all you moms know.....we will get it done.

Just remember, do what's important for you and your family - the rest doesn't really matter! Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
We did miss you Linda.

I think our big problem is we are still eating Halloween candy! LOL!!

chefkristin said:
We did miss you Linda.

I think our big problem is we are still eating Halloween candy! LOL!!

Thanks, it's nice to be back.

The Festival was great today, my son had a ball and we are all in more of Christmas spirit....now I just have to find the time to take action and get everything in order around here!

I didn't have a problem getting in the Christmas spirit, but maybe some Christmas music will help. I do everything by just picturing my kids and husband's face when they open their presents!

I just can't get "into" Christmas, either, but I've had that problem for the past 5-6 years since my "other mother" died between Christmas and New Year's (congestive heart failure, I got the call in the morning, her mother said, "you're mother's dead." when I got to the hospital, she was purple because they let her drown from the fluid buildup in her lungs, she didn't fit in the cooler at the hospital or at the funeral home so she started "leaking" at the eyes and nose during the wake from the decomp, then I was put into the same hospital for 3 days starting the day after the funeral so they could run tests and get me diagnosed with my disability and no one even came to visit me). Then my grandfather (another side of the family) died right before another Christmas and my aunt decided that she no longer "needed" to celebrate Christmas with us and cancelled all future parties (she also convinced him to cut my brother and I out of my grandfather's will since our father passed 15yrs ago, leaving everything to her).

Needless to say, both holidays and just about the entire month of December depress me. I'm avoiding Christmas music, too, because a lot of it deals with togetherness and parent/child stuff. I have very few gifts purchased (it would be so much easier if everyone would just all cooperate and ask for PC toys...LOL), nothing is baked yet, and I'd prefer to just skip directly to January 5th. :( :eek:

I work at keeping the Chrismas spirit. I totally feel for Jentapp about her "other mother" death near Christmas. It is a horrible time to loose someone so dear. Personally, my own mother passed away on Dec 23, 1977, totally unexpected. This changed the way I view the holidays forever. I work hard at it every year to make sure I keep the spirit while remembering her.

We get caught up in the ribbons, wrap, tinsel, packages, cookies, etc and sometime forget the most important part... the spirit of Christmas. For those who aren't religious, it's about giving of yourself, not just receiving presents. For those who are religious, than it's about Christ, thus the name!

And it's about family, and that doesn't have to mean "blood"family. Those that care about you are your family. Sometimes we are forced to create a family.

This year it's been very hard on my husband and myself. First time in years that the tree isn't packed. But it's ok. It's not about the gifts. We feel bad, but our family and friends are so supportive that we revel in that.

As far as baking goes... bake what you can.. then buy the rest! The greatest gift is time and that you can give to your family and friends.

I just use the PC jar opener. It can break open the most stubborn Christmas spirits - especially things like Triple Sec and flavored brandies when the sugar welds the caps shut.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I just use the PC jar opener. It can break open the most stubborn Christmas spirits - especially things like Triple Sec and flavored brandies when the sugar welds the caps shut.

Almost fell out of chair laughing about this!!!

Gotta get me one of those!

Just remember the real reason for Christmas is God send His only son Jesus to save us for our sins b/c nothing we can do ourselves (except believing in Him) will save us and that Jesus took all the work we would have had to done out of it fo us! No work for salvation = Happiness!!! And we know all of us Cheffers LOVE FREE stuff and HE gave us the best FREE thing we can get.

I am sorry for everybody's losses. I lost my grandfather about a week before Christmas back in 1985. My DH and I are going Christmas shopping tonight, with all of the other people, so maybe that will do the trick. I am helping with the Sunday School Christmas program so that is helping also. As far as baking, I never really have baked for Christmas. I may bake a few Christmas gifts this year for mm grandparents this year.
I hope everybody has a blessed holiday!

1. How can I get in the Christmas spirit when I'm feeling stressed?

One way to get in the Christmas spirit when feeling stressed is to take some time for yourself. Set aside a few minutes each day to do something you enjoy, whether it's listening to holiday music, baking cookies, or watching a Christmas movie. This can help you relax and refocus on the joys of the holiday season.

2. What are some festive decorations I can incorporate into my home?

Some festive decorations you can incorporate into your home include wreaths, garlands, Christmas lights, and holiday-themed throw pillows. You can also add small touches like scented candles, holiday-scented diffusers, and seasonal table runners to bring a festive touch to any room.

3. How can I involve my children in getting in the Christmas spirit?

One way to involve your children in getting in the Christmas spirit is to have them help with decorating the house. You can also have them help with making Christmas treats, such as cookies or gingerbread houses. Another idea is to do Christmas crafts together, such as making homemade ornaments or creating a holiday-themed centerpiece for the dinner table.

4. What are some fun activities I can do to get in the Christmas spirit?

There are many fun activities you can do to get in the Christmas spirit, such as attending a holiday parade, ice skating, or going to a Christmas market. You can also host a cookie exchange with friends or family, have a holiday movie marathon, or volunteer at a local charity to spread some holiday cheer.

5. How can I incorporate Christmas traditions from different cultures into my celebrations?

One way to incorporate Christmas traditions from different cultures is to research and learn about different holiday traditions. You can then choose to incorporate elements of those traditions into your own celebrations, such as making traditional holiday dishes or decorating with symbols and decorations from other cultures. You can also attend cultural events or festivals in your community to experience and learn about different holiday traditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies