• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Husband: Overcoming a Lack of Holiday Spirit

In summary, Carolyn feels like a slouch for not being more festive this year, and wonders if she should get her husband gifts for his hobbies or interests. She also recommends purchasing gifts for him that he may not have thought of himself (like a wrench for his car). Finally, she notes that she is done with all her Christmas shopping, and that baking with her family will be the final event of the season.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have been so NOT in the Christmas spirit this year. I have done practically NO shopping. Every day my husband tells me "Ooooh - I got you anothe rgift today" - but meanwhile I have three things for him and that's all. I feel like such a slouch but with all the family tragedies as of late, I just can't get in the mood. I need some ideas for gifts for hubby - HELP?!?!?
So far I got him some clothes, an iTrip for his iPod, a wine bottle opener and that's all...

Does he have any hobbies?

I got mine a ridgid cordless drill, and a sawsaw. Does he *need* any power tools? what are his interest?

I got my DH a back to basic toaster, a power saw with a drill and a gc to wally world for fish since he is getting a 29 gallon tank from my parents

I know your feeling Carolyn. I have been practically in tears every day. Thank god for work and PC keeping my mind occupied. Meanwhile, I have done no shopping for anyone. I could seriously skip Christmas this year. How wonderful...to have someone that into wanting to get you something to see you smile..but it is stressful when you don't know what to get him??? Um, I was gona say something for his IPOD too. He got me the big speaker for my room for my IPOD. I got the bose, for the living room, which I didn't really like, but then I got the apple one for my room..and I LOVE IT. UGG, Men are hard.

Hmmm -that's a toughie - My husband and I don't spend alot of money on each other - I got him a subscription to his favorite Car magazine, and a Car T-shirt, A large decanter of his favorite Dk.Choc. Cashew Puddles, a new shirt and pants, and a GC to Macy's (he needs new cologne, but wants to smell them all first) He is also getting a new "Sippy Cup" (Travel Mug) from our 2yr.old. And then stocking stuffers! (cd, socks, candy, batteries, etc...)

Jilleysue said:
I know your feeling Carolyn. I have been practically in tears every day. Thank god for work and PC keeping my mind occupied. Meanwhile, I have done no shopping for anyone. I could seriously skip Christmas this year. How wonderful...to have someone that into wanting to get you something to see you smile..but it is stressful when you don't know what to get him??? Um, I was gona say something for his IPOD too. He got me the big speaker for my room for my IPOD. I got the bose, for the living room, which I didn't really like, but then I got the apple one for my room..and I LOVE IT. UGG, Men are hard.

You and I are so frighteningly similar - LOL
I ordered him a Fandango gift certificate last night - it's for movie theater tickets - he loves to go to the movies.
I also got him the Maui Jim sunglasses he wants.
I talked with him last night about how I really don't have much for him and don't really know what else to get him. He said "Don't get me presents, I wasn't very good this year." (good point...but still, I feel like a heel getting him hardly anything).

He's got all the power tools he needs/wants. Plus I have no clue what's what at Home Depot so I wouldn't even know what to get him. He is really into exotic gourmet foods so maybe I'll try to find him some of that stuff.

He's working all afternoon & evening on Saturday - my kids'll be with their Dad...so maybe I'll go spend the afternoon shopping...anyone wanna come?!?!

I am finished with ALL my shopping, my cards, decorating and just about everything else! Am I bragging? Why YES I am! I have never in my life been so on the ball!

We are baking this weekend and that is the end of it!!

I totally would love to be this on the ball every year but I seriously think it might be just a fluke!

My husband is the hardest person in the world to shop for also! He never says that he wants anything and when he does he just goes out and gets it for himself. This year I bought him some clothes, and the following two items to go with it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810721

Its a wrench that you don't have to sit there and open and close saving time. Its got a button that you press that automatically goes to the size of the nut you are trying to tighten or untighten. He saw it on tv and loved it. Now just to keep him out the store so that he doesn't buy it himself.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1128803465284

He has been wanting to get Sirius radio for his Tahoe, I have it in my car. He just got a new deck for his truck not long ago so instead of buying a whole new radio I was able to get this one and it just plugs into the cigarette lighter. I was able to get it for $19.99. Guess it wasn't on sale for very long. The monthly subscription is only $12.95.

I got my husband a gun he has been wanting, a knife, and a Christian Comedy DVD he wants. and I am going to get a set of small tools at walmart he wants.

He is easy to buy for b/c any type gun or knife makes him happy. And No he is is not a serial killer, ha!:D

Related to Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Husband: Overcoming a Lack of Holiday Spirit

1. How can I get my husband excited about Christmas and gift-giving?

One way to get your husband excited about Christmas is to involve him in the gift-giving process. Ask for his input on gift ideas for others and make him feel like an important part of the holiday preparations. You can also plan fun activities and traditions together, such as decorating the house or watching Christmas movies, to help him get into the holiday spirit.

2. What are some unique gift ideas for husbands who are not typically excited about Christmas?

Consider gifts that align with your husband's interests and hobbies, such as a new tool set for the handyman, a book by his favorite author, or tickets to a sports game. You can also opt for experiences like a cooking class or a weekend getaway to create lasting memories together.

3. How can I make sure my husband's gift is thoughtful and meaningful?

Think about your husband's likes, dislikes, and interests when choosing a gift. It's also helpful to consider any hints or comments he may have dropped in the past. Personalized gifts, such as a custom-made photo album or a monogrammed item, can also add a special touch.

4. What are some budget-friendly gift ideas for husbands?

You don't have to break the bank to find a meaningful gift for your husband. Consider making a DIY gift, such as a framed photo or a handmade coupon book filled with acts of service. You can also check out sales and deals at stores or online, and set a budget for each gift to avoid overspending.

5. How can I make the gift-giving experience fun for my husband?

In addition to finding the perfect gift, make the gift-giving experience itself enjoyable for your husband. You can create a scavenger hunt with clues leading to his gift, or have a gift-wrapping competition to see who can make the most creative package. You can also make a game out of guessing what's inside each present before it's unwrapped.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
tlag1986