• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Just Made the Chicken Enchilada Ring

In summary, the author is making a ring out of leftover chicken and filling it with crescent rolls and lime juice. She says it gets easier the more you do it, and that she can do it in her sleep. She uses the large scoop and it looks full.
NMmommy
and it looks kind of funny. I have about a cup of stuff left! I don't think I stuffed it well enough. Any tips on that? I will take a pic when it comes out of the oven. I am making it for a show on Saturday. This is my test run.

Okay I just realized I did not pack the scoop and I left the lime juice out. I am going crazy with two sick kids and I think the baby is getting sick.

Snugs, I understand that once you've made the ring a few times it gets easier. I can't make them as none of the cresent rolls in the US are kosher.

i fill in between the scoops with the etxra mixture I only use canned chicken too

When I am putting the filling around the ring, I use the large scoop and spread it out like a clock, so it will be even all around. Any little bit left, I just fill in evenly.

Hope that makes sense about the clock...one scoop at 12, then 6. Then 9 then 3. Then in between the filling piles at 6 and 9...in between the piles at 9 and 12 and so on and so on.

It's late and I am on cold medicine right now...hope I am making sense!!!

I always end up with extra filling... but then again, I don't measure exactly either. The filling is great on chips!Hope the kids get better soon. DH and I are both getting over colds.

Thanks everyone! Kelly you made sense! I will give that a try. I was using the medium scoop. It turned out alright. I did not tuck it in either and that is why it looked so odd.

I use the large scoop works great

I was using the medium. I will try the large one tomorrow.

BTW, I always use all of my filling...never had a problem with too much. It just makes it "fuller" looking and it has been cooked all the way through each time.

I tell people that's why I like rings...you can add/delete whatever. It's a great use of leftovers- just throw in what you have!

I have made this at several shows. It does get easier the more you do it. I think I can do this in my sleep now. I use the large scoop and it works great. I like it when it looks full. Everyone always oohs and ahhs about it. I love the trick with the tortilla in the center too.

Related to Help! Just Made the Chicken Enchilada Ring

What ingredients do I need to make the Chicken Enchilada Ring?

To make the Chicken Enchilada Ring, you will need the following ingredients:

• 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
  • 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 package (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls

Can I use a different type of meat in the Chicken Enchilada Ring?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked, shredded meat in the Chicken Enchilada Ring. Some great options include shredded beef, pork, or even turkey. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

How do I assemble the Chicken Enchilada Ring?

To assemble the Chicken Enchilada Ring, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, in a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, cheese, bell pepper, cilantro, and garlic. On a large baking sheet, arrange the crescent rolls in a circle with the pointed ends facing outwards and the wide ends overlapping in the center. Spoon the chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the crescent rolls. Fold the pointed ends of the crescent rolls over the filling and tuck them under the wide ends. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.

Can I make the Chicken Enchilada Ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Chicken Enchilada Ring ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator for no more than 24 hours before baking.

What can I serve with the Chicken Enchilada Ring?

The Chicken Enchilada Ring is a delicious and complete meal on its own, but you can also serve it with some additional toppings such as sour cream, diced avocado, or sliced jalapenos. You can also serve it with a side of rice or beans for a more filling meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
chefjenibel
Replies
Views
yourpcgal