• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken & Broccoli Rings: Tips & Questions

In summary, the author is cooking chicken and broccoli rings and has difficulty following the step by step instructions in the "All the best" cookbook. Guests have told the author that the rings look beautiful even without being perfect. The author recommends having fun with the dish and not being hard on oneself. Guests are also recommended to show the cookbook pages to guests when they get home so they can see how easy the dish is.
kimmers
I have a show tonite, and I am doing the chicken & broccoli (sp) ring. My question is: Are you supposed to cook the broccoli? or does it just get cooked in the oven. Sorry for sounding so dumb, but this is the first time I have made this one.

Also, does anyone have any tips for making the rings? I have the "All the best" cookbook, and I practiced again last night to make the ring, and it still doesn't come out looking like the pictures. It looks ok, just not the best. I guess I could just be being to hard on myself. :eek: (Wouldn't be the first time)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You do not have to cook the broccoli first! And, as so many say on here.....we're pampered, not perfect! It shows them that it can still look nice, without being perfect....nothing is perfect! Enjoy it!!

jenniferknapp said:
You do not have to cook the broccoli first! And, as so many say on here.....we're pampered, not perfect! It shows them that it can still look nice, without being perfect....nothing is perfect! Enjoy it!!

Thanks for the quick reply and the pep talk. :)

ok, another thought just popped into my head. Does it matter if it is fresh or frozen?

kimmers said:
Also, does anyone have any tips for making the rings? I have the "All the best" cookbook, and I practiced again last night to make the ring, and it still doesn't come out looking like the pictures. It looks ok, just not the best. I guess I could just be being to hard on myself. :eek: (Wouldn't be the first time)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine have never turned out like the cookbook either but my guests don't know that and they think it looks beautiful. If you believe in it, so will your guests.

kimmers said:
ok, another thought just popped into my head. Does it matter if it is fresh or frozen?

I wouldn't think so! Just make sure there isn't any extra water with the broccoli, you don't want it to make the ring mushy!

The broccoli needs to be dry. Use a paper towel to get the excess water out first.

It seems when I make the ring, I always have one extra Crescent triangle...so I just throw it out...looks fine...nothing looks as good as the picture for the most part! Don't be hard on yourself...When they see how EASY the ring it ( I think the wreath is much harder).. they'll want to buy that stone and the cookbook...and try it themselves!
Show the pages in the cookbook to the guests - so they'll see it is step by step instructions for them when they get home.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone!!!

What is the best way to cook chicken and broccoli rings?

The best way to cook chicken and broccoli rings is to bake them in the oven. Preheat your oven to 375°F and place the rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.

Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Make sure to thaw it completely and squeeze out any excess moisture before mixing it with the other ingredients.

What type of chicken should I use for the rings?

You can use either ground chicken or diced chicken breast for the rings. Ground chicken will give a more uniform texture, while diced chicken breast will add some texture variation.

Can I make these rings ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the rings ahead of time. After baking, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes before serving.

What are some variations I can make to this recipe?

There are many variations you can make to this recipe. Some ideas include adding different types of cheese, using different herbs and spices, or adding other vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms. You can also use different types of dough for the crust, such as puff pastry or crescent rolls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krhodes74
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
adventurechef
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Roadtripray