• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?

In summary, the expert suggests turning the party into a Bunco, a girls night out, or a couples show.
Debrachef
I just moved to a suburb of Atlanta, and so far, in my networking, I am getting alot of "my friends are tired of doing the party thing." Is anyone coming across this and if so, what are you doing to overcome it? Thanks!

Yes, good question.

Maybe you could suggest they turn it into a Bunco, a couples show (most of the time I find men will buy more than women) or maybe even a girls night out.

Are there any places around that you could leave magazines or set up a booth? I'm going to have a booth at the Taste of Home next month. It's a huge deal around here. Usually brings through over 800 people and I get tons of leads.

Outside of our social circlesEventually in all direct sales businesses you must get out of your social circles and try to meet new people. It's very important to try to book shows from friends of friends and friends of family, neighbors, co-workers of your friends and family and of course complete strangers.
I would suggest you ask for referrals. Try to get your friends and family, like I do, to take catalogs to work with them and get others interested. Advertise by leaving your catalogs wherever people will let you (dr. office, dentist, resale shops, nail salons, hair salons, etc) and try to get the word out about your business.
I recently was able to get someone to pass out flyers and old catalogs for me throughout my neighborhood. I also make homemade desserts (cheesecake, cakes, cookies, brownies, etc) so I left flyers for that too.

Debbie :D

My director lived in an Atlanta suburb for a few years recently and she had a lot of trouble booking shows. Everyone she met had a consultant or was tired of the party thing. She found people who wanted to SELL PC but not book. lol

...at least that was what she dealt with when she first lived there. I wonder if it's that area of the country or you just happened upon that same group of people.

Hey Debrachef,

Welcome to my neck of the woods!

What part of Atlanta did you move to? I am @ 30 miles south of the airport in Locust Grove. Just keep networking, I never get that response. Everyone in this part of the county LOVES Pampered Chef. As a matter of fact, our average party sales are higher than the national average (so I'm told).

Linda

I think that when you stay within a certain circle yo will get the response of I am tired of parties..personal example from last summer...I host a Beauticontrol party and of course others book off my party. at the same time 2 ladies in my circle both started selling Premiere Jewelry, then another friend Mary Kay and yet another Avon, so from June -Sept of last year everyone in my church was having a party for one or th other companies. and I got tired of week after week of having a party to go to and I am one that you go if yo don't already have plans type people, b/c I don't like to lie(lol) so as mentioned before get out of the circle you may find yourself "trapped" in and you might see some different response!

I just read an article that said DS in general is becoming "hip" again as women are looking for ways to stay home with their kids and people are looking to "reconnect" with family. It said people feel less busy when they shop at home.

You can also tell them that they have been to alot of parties for good reason! Direct selling businesses are now totalling more sales than retail, so I'm told! It's because we care about their business and give much better service than retailers. Many more people have fun going to parties to shop than dragging their kids or wearing their feet out at the mall :)

I am planning a demo-less show for a group of my host that want to host but do not want to go through the demo b/c they have seen me do so many of them. I am going to have the food prepared when they get there, have products out for them to see, while I am going over the specials and instructions I am going to do the salsa recipe with the salad choppers, and then after they eat they will order. It will be a first for me, so, I am hoping it will go good. The host loved the idea!

Ask her what type of party her friends would like to go to - a ****tail party with appetizers (Bites & Bevs), a party to learn how to make dinner for their family fast (Real Food Real Fast) or just a party where they sample delectable desserts (Chocolate Bliss) - then tell her how you can make the party the way she wants, and make it as casual as she wants, too. Some people on here don't do a recipe demo and do really well. I find that most of my shows are social gatherings first, then a direct sales party second. Most come to buy, but all come to socialize. Find out what that group likes to do and then build your show around that. THEN, get out of that circle of people and book shows with the person who came with someone who was invited (not in the circle of friends) and you'll be fine!! :) I hear it sometimes, too, but most people will want to come and help out their friend, and everyone needs updated tools for their kitchen, or at least some new spices (they should be tossing their old spices after 2 years!!). HTH! Plus, the holidays are coming - everyone needs to buy gifts!! Good luck!

I get it sometimes and keep trying with other folks. I also ask what the last party was and when it was. Then I ask when the last PC party was and try to make her come to the conclusion that maybe she could try. Have her ask two-three friends if they would come to a party. Also, ask her if you can check back in a few months....

As a matter of fact, our average party sales are higher than the national average (so I'm told).
HMMM just wondering if this is a commonly used "sale" as I live as far west from you as I can get and that is exactly what I was told.

Well, because it's a national average that means that about half the sales will be higher, and half will be lower, if show sales fall into a standard bell curve distribution.

chefann said:
Well, because it's a national average that means that about half the sales will be higher, and half will be lower, if show sales fall into a standard bell curve distribution.
Very true. In 2006 my average was $550 and this year to date my average is $807 so for me it is true (that is cooking show averages).

I agree you should concentrate on 'themes'. Next time someone says that they're done with 'home parties', ask them about their group social times. If they have a group of friends that they play board games with, or shop with, or watch a certain tv show with, golf with, or any other interests, take one of them and spin it into an extrordinary themed party idea.
for instance, I think I saw at some point somewhere on this site, a theme party for desperate housewives?
But always use feel-felt-found
I understand how you feel, infact not too long ago I felt the same way. What I found was that a Pampered Chef friends night out can be adapted to any theme. Do you and your friends share any peticular interests? :)

Thank you all sooooo much for all of your suggestions! As a matter of fact, as I went out tonight doing the back to school shopping thing, I met two different women telling me that they haven't been to a PC show in ages, and that they haven't run into a consultant in quite some time! That just tells me that I have to keep on looking and asking!!!!

Pampered Linda, I am in Canton, so I guess that's north of you.

Good Luck! It's been just over a year for me and I'm just now starting to do more shows outside of my "circle." I've had some here and there but now I'm branching out more. Only one out of 4 of my shows next month are with a past host/friend.

vangogirl said:
I agree you should concentrate on 'themes'. Next time someone says that they're done with 'home parties', ask them about their group social times. If they have a group of friends that they play board games with, or shop with, or watch a certain tv show with, golf with, or any other interests, take one of them and spin it into an extrordinary themed party idea.
for instance, I think I saw at some point somewhere on this site, a theme party for desperate housewives?
But always use feel-felt-found
I understand how you feel, infact not too long ago I felt the same way. What I found was that a Pampered Chef friends night out can be adapted to any theme. Do you and your friends share any peticular interests? :)[/
QUOTE]

I love this approach! Thanks for sharing!

I had a host that I had done parties for frequently...about every 8 months or so. One February we had a Taste of the Tropics type party. Everyone came in and once they took their coats and boots off they had on Hawaiin print shirts and sandles. And the very last party (before the host FINALLY signed up!!) I went through talking about specials, etc. then at the end had the guests get in the kitchen to make the recipe. I had one lady that purchased the Santuko knife after cutting chicken breast for the Family Fajitah recipe. Others cut up peppers and then I through the recipe together. There was initial hesitation on the guests' part, but they quickly got into it. This is a group that I will lose attention with quickly because they love to socialize.

Congratulations on finding some more people! Once the word gets out that you have a different kind of fun party, the others that may be "partied out" may want book again!

Debrachef said:
Thank you all sooooo much for all of your suggestions! As a matter of fact, as I went out tonight doing the back to school shopping thing, I met two different women telling me that they haven't been to a PC show in ages, and that they haven't run into a consultant in quite some time! That just tells me that I have to keep on looking and asking!!!!

Pampered Linda, I am in Canton, so I guess that's north of you.
Good for you, I hope they book a show and introduce you to a lot of new people.

Yes, Canton is a good drive from me....I'd have to pack a lunch just to come see you!

Have you thought about phrasing a show as a "cooking class" instead of a show or party? This makes a great transition into themes and seems more education oriented and less party like. Create a list of your themes with a short description - it might hook someone who was really opposed to hosting! Hope it helps!
Missy

My NED has been coaching me and one thing she suggested is to not make the show so formal. It's a real show but talk about it as just a get-together with friends. "Invite some over, I'll make a quick recipe... we'll eat & shop." Using this phrasing is great and has helped me book in close!!!!

I moved recently and received much of the same response. 1st I found a great hospitality cluster and tied in with them. 2nd I joined a business networking group and that has paid off in a major way.:)

Related to Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?

1. What is "Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?"

"Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features a variety of easy and delicious recipes for busy individuals and families.

2. Who wrote "Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?"

The cookbook was created by Pampered Chef's team of recipe developers and consultants, who have years of experience in creating simple and tasty recipes for everyday cooking.

3. What types of recipes can I find in "Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?"

The cookbook includes a range of recipes for all meals and occasions, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts. You can also find recipes for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options.

4. Are the ingredients in "Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are commonly found in most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly, making it easier for individuals and families to cook delicious meals without breaking the bank.

5. Is "Help! Is Anyone Coming Across With This?" suitable for beginner cooks?

Absolutely! The cookbook is designed for both novice and experienced cooks. The recipes are simple to follow, and there are step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to guide you through the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Chef Morri
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missy'skitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies