• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Area Hard Time Finding Leads!

In summary, I am new to this website and am having a hard time getting my business out there. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my business moving?
missy'skitchen
Hey guys I am new to this website and also new to Pampered Chef.:) Moved to Texas in February with no family around and am having a hard time coming across leads and bookings. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my business out there and let people know I am with PC? I started in August have turned in one show with one show scheduled so far in October, three in November, and one in December. Help! I want more shows!!! I am also doing a fund raiser right now for my sister so if you have any ideas on how to up sales for fund raisers that would be great also! Thanks!:D

What I would suggest is doing your own Mystery Host/Open House and inviting all your upcoming hosts (bring friends and get a free show - you purchase ingredients), neighbors (get to know you party) and other people you DO know - where in Texas are you?

I live in Hutto so that is the austin area. I did a mystery host show in August with my neighbors and such and only got one show booked off of it.

This is the best time of year for a booth of some sort. Check with the chamber of commerce, schools, and other organizations. Try to find other DS people to ask them if they participate in any events. Hutto is a nice area. I lived in Leander for 3 years.

Good luck! However, the fact that you have booking in ALL of the next three months (Oct, Nov, Dec) is commendable! Congratulations!

1. Definitely find a bazaar to boost your people contact
2. Host your own open house (possibly two different dates)
3. Advertise (follow the guidelines in policies)-newspaper ads. This really works!!4. Wear PC gear and talk PC with everyone

FundraiserA great way to get bookings and increase your sales on your fundraiser is to encourage bookings so that the fundraising organization will get $3 for every show booked. Tell them this is a great way to help give extra money to the organization and at the same time have a chance to earn FREE products along with other great host benefits!!

Congrats and good job on getting those shows you already have on your calendar. I also agree on doing a booth or vendor table somewhere this fall. Also ask around in your town if you can advertise by leaving flyers or business cards in local shops or businesses.

Debbie :D

How about doing a neighborhood survey? Or a PC consultant in neighborhood flier? I did the survey when I 1st moved here & still do one occassionally (I don't live in a neighborhood so I just pick a different one in the area each time).

Find a fair or bazaar or somewhere you can set up a booth.

What smart person here remembers what Jean Jonas taught us I think it was at leadership? When you meet people something about how I am the local PC consultant for the area, how can I provide you with service???? Ugh.... Guess I could remember it if i used it!

The second thing I heard, is on the 3-2-1 recorded teleclass with Don Funt, about a shy gal who went to the mall shopping for bookings one night a week for three weeks and was able to fill her calendar that way. I would recommend checking out that teleclass for inspiration and motivation.

stacywhitlow said:
How about doing a neighborhood survey? Or a PC consultant in neighborhood flier? I did the survey when I 1st moved here & still do one occassionally (I don't live in a neighborhood so I just pick a different one in the area each time).

Find a fair or bazaar or somewhere you can set up a booth.
I don't live in a neighborhood so I thought it was a great suggestion but wouldn't work for me. BUT since I saw that you said you don't live in a neigborhood either than and just picked an area, I thought, I could do that. THANK YOU for the inspiration. I have been wanting to do busy in my local town because all of my shows have been 35 mins to 1 hour away from my home.

missy'skitchen said:
Hey guys I am new to this website and also new to Pampered Chef.:) Moved to Texas in February with no family around and am having a hard time coming across leads and bookings. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my business out there and let people know I am with PC? I started in August have turned in one show with one show scheduled so far in October, three in November, and one in December. Help! I want more shows!!! I am also doing a fund raiser right now for my sister so if you have any ideas on how to up sales for fund raisers that would be great also! Thanks!:D

I agree with everyone you are doing a great job so far! Why not offer to double "the cash donation" (they don't have to know it's $3) offered by PC for every cooking catalog/website show booked. A few more ideas:

Ask your local library if you can leave mini catalogs or come in and do a free class on garnishing or a Power-cooking class there (they would post a flyer) - you can then have a sign-up with your available dates or a booking tree. You could offer Kids Cooking classes at your house, pick a neighborhood and do the knocking on the door introducing yourself and inviting them to a party (take their information) until you find someone that would LOVE to have a party... then you give her the list and say these neighbors would love to be invited. You could "bless a business" - start with your hair dresser, your post office, bank, etc. Next time you plan to go or are in the area bring them some PC treats in a SA or in the wovens. Tell them you can't possibly eat all the recipes you try so you wanted to share. You can leave business cards and a catalog or two. I have sold the rectangular baker this way because a customer *must* be able to make the pumkpin recipe I brought. :)

Good luck!
Susan :)

Pamper all the businesses you frequent. Brownies are good!At my gym they ate up the brownies in one day.Always go inside the bank. Definately shop for prospects at the mall.Talk it up! Talk to your people on you phone alot. Make small talk in the bank post office and grocery store ALWAYS! Deliver small outside orders that are in your town. Talk about the successful party you had with the 10 minute pork loin and the $$ free products your host got.Be super excited and happy! You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.Heather

I was in your same boat 2 years ago...I'd just moved here and didn't know anyone except our realtor. I really stretched my comfort zone...went around the neighborhood (or in your case, just your neighboring area) knocking on doors as the new neighbor and invited them to a PC show at my house (they were most curious as to what the new person's house looks like :) . Got 7 people to come and 2 bookings.

I managed to get several bookings each month, but still wasn't pleased about my calendar...I gave myself until the end of the summer to turn it around or I'd quit. Went to conference and came back to find out my husband had lost his job. Talk about putting a fire under me!!! I asked EVERYONE I knew (moms from story-time, my boss, neighbors, anyone I could think of) and told them I was desperately in need of ramping up my business.

I went from no shows in August to 9 in less than a week! I haven't stopped since.

Moral of the story, if all else fails, "create" a crisis that will light your fire! You can do it!

1. How do I find leads in a new area?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it can be challenging to find leads in a new area. However, there are a few things you can do to build your customer base. Firstly, reach out to your friends and family who live in the area and ask them to host a party or refer you to their friends. You can also join local Facebook groups and post about your business, attend local events and set up a booth, and collaborate with other local businesses to reach new customers.

2. What marketing strategies should I use to attract leads in a new area?

When it comes to marketing your Pampered Chef business in a new area, it's important to get creative. Utilize social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook to showcase your products and share special offers. You can also create flyers or business cards and distribute them in the community, or create a referral program where your current customers can earn rewards for bringing in new leads.

3. How can I stand out from other consultants in the area?

Competition can be tough in a new area, but there are a few ways you can stand out from other Pampered Chef consultants. Offer unique party themes or demonstrations, provide exceptional customer service, and always follow up with your customers to ensure their satisfaction. You can also offer exclusive deals or discounts to your customers to keep them coming back.

4. Is it better to focus on online or in-person parties in a new area?

Both online and in-person parties can be effective in a new area, so it's important to find a balance that works for you. Online parties allow you to reach a larger audience and can be more convenient for busy customers. However, in-person parties give you the opportunity to personally connect with your customers and showcase the products in person. Consider offering both options to cater to different customers' preferences.

5. How can I network with other consultants in the area?

Networking with other Pampered Chef consultants in your new area can be beneficial for both parties. You can exchange ideas and tips, collaborate on events or parties, and refer customers to each other. To network with other consultants, you can join local consultant groups on social media, attend Pampered Chef training events in your area, or reach out individually to nearby consultants to introduce yourself and discuss potential collaborations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• monicaD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reba515
  • milkangel