• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Gluten & Dairy Free Request...

In summary, Tammy from SC has recently had a request for a gluten and dairy free cooking show. Anybody out there have any suggestions? Tammy has no experience with gluten/dairy free cooking, so she's looking for help on the Chef Success boards. There are threads about gluten free cooking and dairy free cooking on the Chef Success site, and Tammy can search for recipes using the "site:chefsuccess.com" search feature. Tammy's first show went well, and she plans to make the Chicken Fajita pizza tonight using gluten free pasta and a gluten free crust. There are a few small problems that may come up - like cheese - but Tammy is confident she can handle them. Elizabeth Hasselbeck has a new
4RTWINS
Hello,
My name is Tammy and I am a consultant in SC. I have recently had a host request a gluten and dairy free cooking show. Anybody out there have any suggestions? I have only been in the business for a year and have no experience with gluten/dairy free cooking. Also, is there somewhere else on this site that I should have posted this??
Thanks in advance!:)

Check out the threads at the bottom, under "Similar Threads". Also, the search feature on the boards isn't the best, but you can go to Google, and tack "site:chefsuccess.com" to the end of your search terms, and it'll search for things on this site.

I had a similar request one time and we ended up making the Cool & Crunchy Tacos, but did it as a salad instead and doubled the dressing. Tortilla chips are gluten free and we had those crumbled on top of the salad. Everyone really liked that recipe. :)Also, if it's because of an allergy or because they are vegan, they probably have learned what substitutes they like and are familiar with. So you can give the host a few recipes to choose from and let them pick.

One of my recruits did a gluten free/dairy free show making the Meatloaf from the Deep Covered Baker cookbook. They substituted Gluten Free Bread and Soy Cheese & Milk, and it came together just fine. People really liked it.

Gluten is only found in wheat-based products, so you can still do anything with corn or rice. In addition, there are lots of gluten-free flours (coconut, almond, etc.) that you can use for substitutes for some things. Coconut milk is now regularly substituted for regular dairy, and you can use grapeseed oil for butter, etc.

Just had my first gluten free show and it was terrific! We made the Chicken Fajita pizza, using the hosts pizza stone and she also wanted the Lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker and what a coincidence that I just received my newest taupe DCB so we could make it!! The cake was a gf mix she had and the pizza was made with gf crust, which was weird to handle, but everyone loved it! This was a huge hit and I'm not afraid to do more!

at a gluten free party i just did, we made the potato chips in the micrwave and meatballs in ridged baker with marinara on the side to dip

If the host eats gluten/dairy free, she should know what can be substituted for recipes so that they can be made safely. I would give her some ideas, and let her choose a recipe, and then have her get the ingredients that will work.

YOU shouldn't be buying GF/DF ingredients if they are something you wouldn't normally use, as they are more expensive and a bit harder to find. (like almond flour and coconut milk & coconut flour. All of which I use extensively, but order online for the best price because they are very expensive in stores...)

I was going to make for my tonight ( host had to cancel) :(
Penne ala Fresca with Chicken, using Gluten free pasta,same with the chicken broth. The only other small problem would be the cheese, but you could add more garlic & other spices....HTH

I was also going to attempt a GF Molten Lava Cake, but not good for you because of the eggs :(

Elizabeth Hasselbeck from the "View" has a new GF cookbook out and there are a ton of recipes even Joy and Whoopi loved in it!

1. Can you accommodate gluten and dairy free requests?

Yes, we understand that many people have dietary restrictions and we strive to accommodate all dietary needs. Our products are labeled with allergen information and we have a variety of gluten and dairy free options available.

2. Are your gluten and dairy free products safe for those with severe allergies?

While we take precautions to prevent cross-contamination, our products are produced in a facility that also handles gluten and dairy. We recommend consulting with your doctor before consuming our products if you have severe allergies.

3. What are some of your popular gluten and dairy free products?

Some of our popular gluten and dairy free products include our almond flour brownie mix, coconut milk ice cream maker, and silicone baking mats. We also have a variety of gluten and dairy free seasonings and sauces.

4. Do you have any gluten and dairy free recipes available?

Yes, we have a collection of gluten and dairy free recipes on our website and in our cookbooks. We also offer cooking classes where we demonstrate how to make delicious gluten and dairy free meals.

5. How do you ensure your gluten and dairy free products are truly free of these allergens?

We have strict procedures in place to prevent cross-contamination, including thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work surfaces before and after use. We also conduct regular allergen testing to ensure the safety of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • WendyE