• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dairy-Free Meal Planning: Our Challenge

In summary, the author is trying to go dairy free for their youngest child and is having some difficulty. They have been using old recipes and meal plans to get started, and will gradually add new dairy-free recipes to their folder. Every week they will pick one and make it that day.
esavvymom
Staff member
How do you guys do it? I guess because we are so used to being able to use cheese, etc...it s tough.We are trying to eat dairy free for awhile as an experiment for my youngest. He has some "nighttime issues" and I had read that cutting out dairy for awhile can help, but it is hard! I have been trying to ease him into by letting him have one or two small items with dairy before lunch. We are only on day 3. Uggh! Meal planning is not my forte, and it is even worse with this new angle.

Last edited:
Good thing you don't live in Wisconsin!

I don't do dairy-free, but I have just started a new eating plan about 4 weeks ago and it all comes down to planning.

First, go through your existing meals and pick some that already meet the standard - or can be easily altered to meet the dairy-free. Do these "familiar" meals a few days a week. These will be your "no-brainer" meals - since you are already used to making them.

Find some new exciting recipes that are dairy-free.

Start a folder just for all your recipes. List old and new.

Then one day a week - pick from the list and schedule a meal each and every day. I make a little grid for lunch and dinners and fill in the blanks. And I have a standard list of snacks to choose from.

You will find you actually go to the store less (if you were like me, we used to decide "on the fly" each day what was for dinner and I would be at the store almost every night!)

Sorry, I couldn't be much help on the dairy aspect.

I am not sure, but are those products for lactose intolerance OK for what you are doing? There are lots of those now. I think they even have ice cream for people that are lactose intolerant.

Good luck!

That's a good idea Kathleen! I haven't looked through my meal list.We just started it this week, and I haven't been to the grocery store to see what I can get. But I am pretty sure I can get dairy-free cheeses, but I'm not a fan of soy- so will have to look around and see what they have. I will pick up some Rice and Almond Milks to see if that works for cooking and cereal things and such.The poor kid is so used to grabbing certain snacks, it's been tricky, but he's doing great with it. Thankfully, we don't expect this to be lifelong....just short-term. He is eating lots more fruit for his evening "sweet", and I'll get him some fruit bars or something (I like those too...better than reaching for ice cream or chocolate!).

Last edited:
Hi there!I totally understand how difficult it can be to cut out dairy, especially if you're used to using it in your cooking. It can definitely be a challenge, but I'm sure you and your family will see great benefits from this experiment.In terms of meal planning, I recommend incorporating more plant-based meals into your rotation. There are so many delicious and satisfying recipes that don't require dairy at all. Also, don't be afraid to get creative with substitutes like almond milk, coconut cream, or dairy-free cheese alternatives.Another tip is to plan ahead and prep meals in advance. This can save you time and stress during the week. And don't forget to check out our dairy-free recipes on the Pampered Chef website for some inspiration.I wish you and your family all the best on this journey, and I'm sure you'll find some great dairy-free meals that everyone will enjoy. Keep up the great work!Best,

1. What does "dairy-free" mean?

Dairy-free refers to the absence of any dairy products or ingredients in a meal or recipe. This includes milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, and cream.

2. Why is meal planning important for those following a dairy-free diet?

Meal planning is essential for those following a dairy-free diet because it ensures that all meals and snacks are free from any dairy products. It also helps to prevent accidental consumption of dairy and makes grocery shopping and cooking easier and more efficient.

3. How can I substitute dairy in my favorite recipes?

There are many dairy-free substitutes available, such as almond milk, coconut milk, and tofu. These can be used in place of dairy milk, cream, and cheese in recipes. You can also try using dairy-free ingredients like avocado, hummus, or nutritional yeast for added creaminess or flavor.

4. Can I still get enough calcium on a dairy-free diet?

Yes, there are many non-dairy sources of calcium, such as leafy green vegetables, almonds, and fortified plant-based milks. It is important to incorporate these foods into your diet to ensure you are getting enough calcium.

5. Are there any dairy-free options available for convenience meals?

Yes, there are many dairy-free convenience meal options available, such as frozen meals, meal kits, and pre-made sauces and marinades. However, it is important to always check the ingredient list and allergen information before purchasing to ensure the product is truly dairy-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies