• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Customer Through a Curve Ball...

In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of a combo show with Tastefully Simple and Pampered Chef products. Some suggestions were to work with the TS consultant and plan accordingly so that both products can be showcased without stepping on each other's toes. It was also mentioned that combining shows may not be the best for the host's sales and rewards. Other ideas included having a PC show first and then a TS show, or suggesting to the host to have separate parties. Overall, it was advised to be mindful of the host's preferences and to make sure both products are represented well.
Denarella
I have a potential booking from my show on Friday night. She emailed me with these facts:

Wants a show on November 4 or 11
Wants to do a show/shower for her cousin (I mentioned the registry)
AND THE KICKER
She wants a combo show with Tastefully Simple! Geez! She wants a TS recipe done with PC products. She's killing me. I couldnt just get a simple booking.

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

Thank you,
D:eek:

Yikes!!
I have never done a combo show with TS but I imagine there'd be no point in showing our pantry stuff...although, ehmmm, why the heck not? Our stuff's yummier than a lot of their stuff!
You'd wanna get yourhead together with the TS gal and make a plan so you don't step on each others' toes though...

I tell people that ask me this that it's against policy (MY policy) to combine shows. And that it is better for the host if we don't combine because it will cut into her show sales and she won't get as much free.

When I get the TS question though... I also add that she should have a PC show sooner and then have the TS show and put all of the food in her new PC stuff.

Good luck!

I have heard of others doing it. I was asked to do it, but I found a way out of it. I explained to the hostess that it was her house and we could do a show either way. She needed to keep in mind that her friends were probably going to divide their money between the two shows. She will have two okay shows rather than one great show. She postponed it and we did a PC near the holidays. It was a GREAT show.

dannyzmom said:
Yikes!!
I have never done a combo show with TS but I imagine there'd be no point in showing our pantry stuff...although, ehmmm, why the heck not? Our stuff's yummier than a lot of their stuff!
You'd wanna get yourhead together with the TS gal and make a plan so you don't step on each others' toes though...

Im not even sure she has one in mind! YOUNG girl, not married...crazy....Of course, Im not qualified to do the wedding registry thingy yet. My first show is closing the end of this week and Im 99.9% sure it will qualify me. When does that take affect? Next month?

I'm feeling like the ugly stepchild. Im sure all of you did in the beginning. Its very overwhelming when you don't know what the heck you're doing but you're playing 'the game' like you do! Its like one little mishap after another but no one knows but me (and all of you! LOL!:balloon: )

If she insists...and you do the combo party... the TS almond pound cake (use 2) is SUPER in our Stoneware Fluted Pan

Chefgirl2 said:
I have heard of others doing it. I was asked to do it, but I found a way out of it. I explained to the hostess that it was her house and we could do a show either way. She needed to keep in mind that her friends were probably going to divide their money between the two shows. She will have two okay shows rather than one great show. She postponed it and we did a PC near the holidays. It was a GREAT show.

AWESOME advice....I will subtly put that in her ear....its true though!

quiverfull7 said:
If she insists...and you do the combo party... the TS almond pound cake (use 2) is SUPER in our Stoneware Fluted Pan

Awesome! Thanks for the idea!

finley1991 said:
I tell people that ask me this that it's against policy (MY policy) to combine shows. And that it is better for the host if we don't combine because it will cut into her show sales and she won't get as much free.

When I get the TS question though... I also add that she should have a PC show sooner and then have the TS show and put all of the food in her new PC stuff.

Good luck!

Great ideas! I was just talking to a lady at the Post Office on my lunch break and she was saying she wanted to have a PC party, but she also feels obligated to a friend to have a TS party... She said she'd get with me about scheduling so this is a great response to have! No need to say it's MY policy - it's just policy!

kearstin said:
Great ideas! I was just talking to a lady at the Post Office on my lunch break and she was saying she wanted to have a PC party, but she also feels obligated to a friend to have a TS party... She said she'd get with me about scheduling so this is a great response to have! No need to say it's MY policy - it's just policy!

It would just suck to get caught in a lie and then, by word of mouth, there goes your reputation, especially since most of my customers will come from work. I wish it WAS against policy!

quiverfull7 said:

I think this is a better idea. TS stuff is not that expensive, and I think our stuff compliments theirs very well.

I have done a few "shared" shows and although they haven't been $1000 shows they have still been around $400-$500. I have also networked with these consultants and have actually gotten a few leads from them, as well as I have given their names to a few of my customers.

Denarella said:
It would just suck to get caught in a lie and then, by word of mouth, there goes your reputation, especially since most of my customers will come from work. I wish it WAS against policy!

How can it be a lie if it is your policy for your business? You are running your business they way you want to. So if it is against your policy then it is against policy. :)

I think the distinction here is that it isn't a PC HO policy.. .just a personal policy... I may be wrong but I believe that is the difference. I think the issue would be that you wouldn't want to say it was a policy as if it was a PC one, and then have another consultant come along at some point and say it wasn't... since it isn't a PC one ... that would be why you would want to let it be vague as to whose policy it was. It is fine to HAVE that policy... just be clear that is one that is personal to ones own business and not PC. I'm not sure that makes sense... sorry

Like I said, I always follow up with the "policy" thing with the fact that it will negatively effect her sales and free items. That is more of it to her than the "policy" part. My hosts understand that.

All you have to say is "I want you to have the best show you can. Having more than one company represented at your party will only divide your friend's money and you won't get the host benefits you could otherwise have gotten by doing two separate parties a month or so apart. That is why I make it a policy not to do this."

I don't know that I would want to do it, but another consultant in my cluster did one last weekend and she said that it went great! She said there were high sales and everyone had a lot of fun. Just thought I would through that in. Not all will be like that, I am sure, but sometimes it all works out.

I did a combined show with Creative Memories and Tastefully Simple. Was the highest show for all three of us...mine was over $1000. The host had about 25 people in attendance.

Robin

I would do it
instead of focusing on our pantry line (yes it's consumable but it also isn't our higher priced items) talk to the TS rep ahead of time and let her serve her food on our SA.

My homemade gourmet lady & I do this, and when she isn't with me at an event she still takes her SA dishes to showcase it.

I've done TS/PC shows before and they've been fine.

quiverfull7 said:
I think the distinction here is that it isn't a PC HO policy.. .just a personal policy... I may be wrong but I believe that is the difference. I think the issue would be that you wouldn't want to say it was a policy as if it was a PC one, and then have another consultant come along at some point and say it wasn't... since it isn't a PC one ... that would be why you would want to let it be vague as to whose policy it was. It is fine to HAVE that policy... just be clear that is one that is personal to ones own business and not PC. I'm not sure that makes sense... sorry

You made plenty of sense and that's exactly what I was trying to say. If, in fact, it IS a policy of PC, then I have NO problem stating that. If its not a policy and Im just saying that and I get caught because another consultant says "We have no such policy", my rep is at stake....thanks...Im never clear on anything Im trying to say...

Teresa Lynn said:
I would do it
instead of focusing on our pantry line (yes it's consumable but it also isn't our higher priced items) talk to the TS rep ahead of time and let her serve her food on our SA.

My homemade gourmet lady & I do this, and when she isn't with me at an event she still takes her SA dishes to showcase it.

Im sorry...what is SA? I know Im going to kick myself for asking after you tell me:balloon:

I dont feel 'threatened' by doing it, it would fine if I knew the other consultant or I was doing this a little more than 2 months by the time I do that show. Its just really scary to me but I dont want to relay that. At the same time, I dont want to get in over my head. Does that make any sense?

Denarella said:
Im sorry...what is SA? I know Im going to kick myself for asking after you tell me:balloon:[/QUOTE

Simple Additions.

Are you kickig yourself yet :)

Robin

priscilla said:
Denarella said:
Im sorry...what is SA? I know Im going to kick myself for asking after you tell me:balloon:[/QUOTE

Simple Additions.

Are you kickig yourself yet :)

Robin

Bruising as we speak....;)

Two years ago my sister (TS rep) and I (PC) did a combo show at our mom's house. It was great! We each had ~$500 show. We did it in October and focused on quick fix appetizers and desserts for the upcoming holidays, as well as gift ideas to get a jump start on holiday shopping. Some things I remember are:
Almond Pound Cake/Stoneware Loaf Pan/Serrated Knife/TS dessert sauce/EAD
Ham Puffs (PC recipe): Mini Muffin Pan/Misc. PC tools/TS seasonings in place of a few ingredients where applicable
Simple Additions Small Bowls & Caddy/TS dips

There are really so many possibilities. My sister and I spent some time planning the recipes, and almost "scripting" what each of us would say and when, so that we evenly marketed our products, and really steered away from mentioning any products both companies have in common. We also had favorite products of the other company that we each commented on. If you and the other consultant work together and have an understanding that you want this to be a success for both of you, it can be a really fun! We haven't done one of these since then, and I know there have been additions to each company's product lines, but with a little effort you can do it.

I know some are against combo shows, but my question would be, "how much $$ are you making if you stay home?" Personally, for me, I have had good success with combo shows, and never turn one down. Then again, a show is a show for me and I need all the opportunities to make contacts that I can get.

You can show a ton of SA, which being Nov would be a great time, and all our entertaining pieces.

stephaniek said:
Two years ago my sister (TS rep) and I (PC) did a combo show at our mom's house. It was great! We each had ~$500 show. We did it in October and focused on quick fix appetizers and desserts for the upcoming holidays, as well as gift ideas to get a jump start on holiday shopping. Some things I remember are:
Almond Pound Cake/Stoneware Loaf Pan/Serrated Knife/TS dessert sauce/EAD
Ham Puffs (PC recipe): Mini Muffin Pan/Misc. PC tools/TS seasonings in place of a few ingredients where applicable
Simple Additions Small Bowls & Caddy/TS dips

There are really so many possibilities. My sister and I spent some time planning the recipes, and almost "scripting" what each of us would say and when, so that we evenly marketed our products, and really steered away from mentioning any products both companies have in common. We also had favorite products of the other company that we each commented on. If you and the other consultant work together and have an understanding that you want this to be a success for both of you, it can be a really fun! We haven't done one of these since then, and I know there have been additions to each company's product lines, but with a little effort you can do it.

See?! That WOULD be awesome! I like the idea of taking all of the pressure off of me totally and sharing the spotlight. Except I dont know this woman from Adam.....Im not so sure she even has anyone in mind or if she DOES know someone....

Denarella said:
Im not even sure she has one in mind! YOUNG girl, not married...crazy....Of course, Im not qualified to do the wedding registry thingy yet. My first show is closing the end of this week and Im 99.9% sure it will qualify me. When does that take affect? Next month?

I don't know if someone already answered this for you or not, but it only takes a day or two for you to be "qualified" after you enter your 4th show or $1250 in sales. Usually by the time it shows up in you IPT you will see qualified date under your name.

I would do it. There may be more people showing up since both of you will be there. Some may only think they want TS, but they you can wow them with our products!

Speaking of TS - I'm having a show in late October. I met a TS rep. at a booth I had. She booked a show for me so I felt like I should do one for her. She didn't ask or anything, but since I like the products I thought it would be nice of me.

I have a question though. If any of you have had a TS party, what is the best night to have it? I'm thinking Friday.

I'm getting ready to do a combo show w/party lite next month and I was worried about sales, but I'm feeling better about it now. I spoke with the host tonight and explained that the key to a great show would be attendance and outside orders since there would be two different companies for her guests to divide their money between. She seemed to understand this and told me she had a lot of people she could invite. Like someone else said, I'd be at home making zilch if I said "no." At least this way I'll be getting more contacts.....

I've done some combo shows with Partylite which worked out better for me than for her. It started with a hostess that wanted to do two so I just called up the other consultant and we talked a little bit about how to run through the show. We only did them in October/November and I think with all of the present shopping at that time of year it worked out well. I also decided that I was going to take care of the host coaching so that I knew it was being done. I made sure that because there were two different lines of products and they would be splitting benefits between the two that the hostess really had a big guest list. I asked them to come up with 50-60 names instead of 40 so they really stretched. Had an $800 show and the others were $500-$600 so it was worth it.

Related to Help! Customer Through a Curve Ball...

1. "Has anyone done this before?"

It is possible that other people have done a combination show with Tastefully Simple and another product or company. However, it is important to consider the specific details of this potential booking and how it may differ from previous experiences.

2. "Any suggestions?"

There are a few potential approaches to this situation. One option could be to collaborate with the Tastefully Simple consultant to come up with a combined recipe that features both Tastefully Simple and PC products. Another option could be to focus on showcasing the unique strengths and features of each product separately during the show. Ultimately, the best approach will depend on the preferences of the host and the consultants involved.

3. "What are the available dates?"

The customer has expressed interest in having the show on either November 4th or November 11th. It may be helpful to confirm with the customer which date works best for her and her cousin, and then check your own availability for that date.

4. "How should I handle the registry?"

It is always a good idea to mention the registry to your customers, as it provides an easy way for them to share their preferences and wish lists with their guests. You could suggest that the host include the registry information in the invitation or share it with guests during the show.

5. "Can I still just get a simple booking?"

While this customer's request may certainly add some complexity to the booking process, it is important to remain flexible and open to new ideas and opportunities. Keep in mind that a combination show with Tastefully Simple could potentially attract a larger audience and lead to more sales and bookings in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • kcjodih