• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower This Weekend - Long Post

In summary, the person is holding their first bridal shower for their cousin and is expecting 20-25 people to attend. They want to make sure the shower is mainly about the bride but also hope to get a few bookings. They have planned games and ordered the bride an apron as a gift. They are wondering about ways to get bookings without seeming selfish and if they should display PC items from the bride's registry. Other suggestions include talking about the booking benefits and encouraging guests to throw their own PC bridal shower. One person suggests making notecards for each item on the bride's wishlist and allowing guests to select items to purchase for her.
dymplz8
I am very nervous because I am holding my first bridal shower this weekend for my cousin. She is expecting about 20-25 people to attend. :eek: Basically I want to make sure that I make this shower mainly about her, but also hopefully get a few bookings too. I ordered her the apron as a gift from me, and we are doing a couple of games. I have made the bamboo spoon corsage to pass around everytime I say the bride's name and we are also doing the game where we pass around a tray that holds some PC items but then ask what the bride was wearing. Does anyone have any other games that they use at showers. We are also making the Aloha Pizza and a Chocolate Mint Trifle ( both quick and simple and I can get the bride involved) My questions are though: How do I go about possibly getting bookings at this event without seeming like I am just in it for me. I know I need to mention that when they host a show it will benefit the bride, but is there anything else that may be helpful. Also, should I have a table setting out that displays the PC items that I have that she has put on her registry for people to see even though I'm not using them in the demonstration? I have so many questions, I can't even think of them all right now but I'd appreciate any help I can get. :)

Thanks

:)Question: Is any of the family helping Host the Show - what I mean is, are they planning on any other games or anything?

Your recipes sound great! The games sound fun! I am going to use your ideas (hope you don't mind) because I have my first PB Show on April 12th.

I would set out some of the other products on a table - and just mention to people that they are there - and can ask if they have any questions.

Sounds like you are doing a great job - and it sounds like fun!

How did you do your Bamboo Spoon Corsage - is there anything else in it besides the spoon and ribbon?

Bumping because I could really use some ideas. I want to make this a worthwhile experience for her. :)

I would talk about the booking benefit. The bride will get the same host benefit for 6 months! If something she wants on the registry is in the next couple months you could encourage someone to book in that month so she could get it at 60% off.

Oops, you already mentioned that. I think that's about the biggest point to make. I had a bridal shower and I've done a bridal shower. I tried to focus on the bride as much and it didn't really matter than no one booked (to me at least). It's also a great way to get the idea of a bridal shower out there. Tell the guests that they can throw their own PC bridal shower for the bride in their life.

I didn't do any special table with products, just had all my normal products out. If the bride has something special on her list that you don't normally bring, you can add that too. If you have time, talk about some of her products and give great tips for the bride and the guests. Also make sure to point out to the bride that if you are using something for the recipe that she didn't register for, she can add to her list during the show. Have her shout out "Ooh! I want that!".

I have done a few PB shows over the years. One thing that I do is take the bride's wish list and do a notecard for each item on her wish list. (I actually have the Avery notecards that come 3 to a page so I type them up putting the item number, item name, section of catalog w/ page number, and price on each card.) If she wants 2 of an item, then I do 2 cards for that item. I punch a hole in each card and then put them on a metal ring. The cards are then passed among all of the guests so that they can select the item(s) that they want to get for the bride by pulling out the card(s) for the item(s). When someone turns in their order, I staple the cards to the order form.

After the last PB show that I did, I typed up a gift list for the bride and e-mailed it to her so that she had that list to use when doing her thank you cards. When I printed the receipts, I highlighted the items that were purchased for the bride.

I also make sure to ask the guest if she wants to order anything for herself if she hasn't ordered anything other than what she is getting for the bride when she turns her order in. Especially if she is close to $60 in product when we have a "if you order $60, then you get _____ free" special.

My last PB show was just over $1000, and it was lots of fun. All I did was talk about products and demoed a few items using a lime, cucumber, and potato.

Caroline

I would definately ask at check-out as always but perhaps phrase it as, "Would be interested in helping the bride get even more great products by hosting your own cooking or catalogue show?" That way, the focus is still on the bride and it's a great way for people to give more without spending any of their own money. You might even want to offer a "Free"show as an incentive.
Jessica

Related to Bridal Shower This Weekend - Long Post

1. What should I expect at a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

At a Pampered Chef bridal shower, you can expect delicious food and drinks, fun games and activities, and a chance to see and test out our high-quality kitchen products. You'll also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our experienced consultants.

2. Do I need to bring anything to the bridal shower?

No, you do not need to bring anything to the bridal shower. Our consultants will provide all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the cooking demonstrations and activities. However, if you would like to purchase any products, you can bring cash, check, or credit card to make a purchase.

3. How long does a Pampered Chef bridal shower typically last?

A Pampered Chef bridal shower usually lasts around 2-3 hours. However, the exact duration may vary depending on the number of guests and the activities planned for the event.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef bridal shower at my home?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef bridal shower at your home. Our consultants are happy to bring the party to you and set up everything needed for a fun and successful event. Just make sure to have enough space for the cooking demonstrations and activities.

5. Is there a cost to attend a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

No, there is no cost to attend a Pampered Chef bridal shower. Our parties are free for guests to attend and enjoy. However, if you would like to purchase any products, you can bring cash, check, or credit card to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • KellieM's Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • ChefBeckyD