• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Show or Online Shower??

In summary, the bride wants to set up her wedding registry online, but she also wants a show to go with it. She and the matron of honor will both be hosting the shower, so the registry will be for those who can't attend. The shower will be held in November, and the wedding in February.
pamperedcheermom
I have someone I met at a vendor booth a while back and she is getting married in Feb. 2009. She told me at the booth that she was interested in a bridal shower so I've kept in touch with her by email. She just sent me an email and said she's going to have her matron of honor contact me about the shower but wants to know how it all works. I've never done one so I have a few questions.
I have a website so I can set up the wedding registry online, right? Also, can we still do a kitchen show along with the online registry and all of it be combined. I'm assuming this is practically the same as someone having a kitchen show and I have them set up on my website for people who can't be there. I just wanted to make sure I'm understanding it right before I get back with her.
Also, when should I set up the registry and try to book the show. Mid November or before? Is there a time limit? The wedding is in Feb 2009 so I doubt she wants to do it in Feb. I figure everybody will be recovering from Christmas in Jan and most people are broke in Dec because of Christmas so November seemed like the best time. I just need to know about time limits, etc.
I went on the PC website but there's a ton of information on there and I just need a quick answer. I've been doing online product training courses today and my eyes are tired!

Any help or advice is much appreciated!:p

Wedding Registry & Shows are completely separate. What I've done in the past is set the bride up as a host on my website. We then do her shower as a show (search for showers here for more info).

The reason that I say to do so after the shower is so that something doesn't end up purchased off the registry while before the shower closes. I would create a calendar event on your website with the date of the shower & then list the wish list items there.

AFTER the shower, we create the wedding registry.

Just got your message. Glad I checked because I was emailing the bride but had the info wrong. I deleted the email.
OK, So I would set up the bride as a host on my website just like I would do any other host? Not using the Wedding Registry? Right?
Then we would schedule a show with the Matron of Honor who is actually giving her a shower. Right?
So I can't set up a wedding registry in her name and still have the show for her? I thought the registry was to accomodate those who can't come to the shower so she would receive more gifts.
I'll have to do alot more reading on this because I think I'm confusing myself. I know it's not that hard to understand. Seems like the online Wedding Registry would be for the bride to create her wish list and her guests who can't come to the shower can pick from her list to order for her. Then we could still have an actual Kitchen Show shower, demonstrate some recipes, show the products and the guests can order for her from her wish list that I would have printed out for them.
Am I completely wrong on all of this?

The wedding registry is actually something totally different. Because you earn rewards through the purchases on the registry, you can't earn rewards for those same purchases on a show/shower.

I would just put the registry out of your mind completely until after the shower is held. Have the bride create a wish list using the current catalog. Then create the news item on your website. Direct guests who can't attend the shower to that news item to read the wish list. Also have the wish list printed for the day of the shower. Some people use pictures, others use a list. Check the wedding registry forum here to see this same question posed by others before you. :) It should help.

Actually, if you look below these posts, you'll see "Similar Threads" with questions like yours. :)

OK, I think I got it! Sorry to sound so dumb. :(
I'll talk to the bride about scheduling a shower with the matron of honor. After the shower, I'll set up the wedding registry online for those who didn't order or come to the shower. BUT, I'll set the shower up on my website as a show and put it in the NEWS section that it's her Bridal Shower.
Sound good?

Sounds perfect! And don't worry, you don't sound dumb! We all have questions! Glad to help. If you need help when it gets closer, let us know!

1. What is a Kitchen Show or Online Shower?

A Kitchen Show or Online Shower is an event where a Pampered Chef consultant showcases our products and offers cooking and entertaining tips. It can be held in person at a host's home or online through a virtual party.

2. How long does a Kitchen Show or Online Shower typically last?

A Kitchen Show or Online Shower typically lasts 1-2 hours, depending on the number of guests and the format of the event.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Kitchen Show or Online Shower?

Hosting a Kitchen Show or Online Shower allows you to earn free products and discounts, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family.

4. Can I customize the products I want to see at my Kitchen Show or Online Shower?

Yes, as a host, you can work with the consultant to create a wishlist of products you want to see demonstrated at your event. This allows you and your guests to see the products in action and ask any questions you may have.

5. How can I attend a Kitchen Show or Online Shower?

You can attend a Kitchen Show or Online Shower by either hosting one yourself or by being invited to one by a host. You can also contact a Pampered Chef consultant to find out if they have any upcoming events you can attend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • leshelman