• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help a Fellow Consultant: Wedding Registry Assistance

show...she's fair game. But if she's never contacted her and you know her well, you might want to reach out and set something up.
ahammons
I just e-mailed someone who I knew was engaged (not really a friend - but I know who she is) to let her know about the Wedding Registry, and she just e-mailed me back with this:

"Thanks!! I actually went to the Bridal Expo and got registered while I was there!! My wedding isn't for awhile now, and I don't know how that thing even works (or who my consultant is for that matter). I can let you know if I need help with it though. Thanks for telling me about it! I'll definetly keep you in mind...I love that stuff!!"

Am I reading this correctly -she already registered w/ PC but doesn't know how it works or who the consultant is??? I'm going to contact her again to make sure, but does anyone have any suggestions on what else to say? I definitely want to mention the host benefits, so maybe she'll book a show! I don't want to step on another consultant's toes or anything, but it doesn't sound like the consultant she spoke w/ at the bridal expo has kept in touch. Any pointers would be great, since I still haven't had a cooking show yet!! I just don't want to come off as pushy. :)

I guess I'm a tad confused too- but I think she signed up with PC at the expo and she had a consultant there who she signed up with. It was probably something random and she offered her something to do it with her at the expo or just caught her attention. So the bride probably doesn't realize that there is a loyalty issue she's stepping on here- at least I imagine that she doesn't realize this.

Was the bride already a customer of yours? If she were mine, I would call her and just say "Hey - I got your email. Sounds like you did decide to do a show. But I do want to let you know that if you choose to go with the consultant at the expo, I really can't do a lot to help you out because she will be your primary consultant. But if you would like me to take over, let me know, but this is where it can get sticky. But I just want you to realize that if you do book the registry with her, that it's not with me. But it's totally up to you what you want to do".
I think that is what I would say. Hopefully she would respond- "Oh- I didn't realize that. Then I'll definitely go with you." Or she may say "well, I'm just going to stick with the one at the expo." Either way- it gives you a clearer answer and you know that she didn't make her choice accidently.

Ok- so as I'm re-reading- did she sign up before she knew you were a consultant or after?

She signed up before .... that's why I'm sort of wary about what to say to her. I wouldn't want to have her do a show or anything if she's already working with another consultant.

Oh, I just got another e-mail from her - she's not even sure if she actually signed up for the registry or just for info. Apparently it was never fully explained to her. The consultant she talked to hasn't contacted her since the show.

Honestly- if the consultant hasn't contacted her, she's fair game. If she never officially signed up but just filled out a form- she's fair game for you. You know her personally- if she doesn't even know the other person- I'd jump in and get something scheduled and send her info. Get on the phone ASAP.

Personally, that's how I'd see it. I'm sure anyone who picked up contacts at an expo or fair isn't going to expect everyone to be loyal to them- they don't know them from any other venture. They just hope to grab up anyone who isn't loyal to someone else. Everyone fills out info slips at those things for freebies, etc...

For example, imagine yourself going around from table to table at an expo- if PC was offering free something if you won their drawing, then you're going to fill out a slip, but if your best friend sells PC- and you don't win their drawing, you are going to stick with your BF for sure.

Obviously if you know her, it's no worse than the random consultant with an info card- you know all her info already and she's a contact- so
All in all, I am trying to convince you that as long as the other consultant hasn't contacted her to set up a show or anything, then she is fair game. Get her on the phone and get all the details as to what she did, if all she did was fill out a slip, then she's yours for the taking.

I would just contact her and say..."I would LOVE to be your consultant for your bridal registry. There are so many wonderful products and I want your kitchen to get stocked full!!! When can we meet?"

IF she doesn't even know if she registered and the other consultant isn't contacting her...then it is fair...sales business. You aren't stepping on somebody else's toes....you aren't stealing away any business. It would be different if she had it all set up...but she doesn't...and you are ready, willing and able to help her make sure her registry is successfull. It doesn't hurt to offer...if she wants to wait or feels obligated to go with the other PC...then that is her choice...but don't lose out on an opportunity with all the 'what ifs'.

Good luck....talk about great timing!!!!

Thanks! I just wanted to get some opinions about this first - I would never want to step on another consultants toes. But from what she's said, the consultant from the bridal expo isn't really working too hard to keep in touch with her (okay, not working on it at all).

I really hope this is a sign that my business is actually going to start going somewhere! I've only been doing this a month, but still haven't had a cooking show!! So far I've had 2 catalog shows, a fundraiser going on right now, and 3 more catalog show lined up for the end of the month. I have one cooking show lined up, but that's not until July!! I'm just really anxious to get my first show over with! I guess I'm just getting a little frustrated. Thanks again for the advice so far. Since her wedding's still a while away, maybe I can convince her to book a show before then! :)
**Okay, just checked my e-mail again and got one from an old college friend. She does parylite and wants to swap shows. Hmm.. not sure I want to do this though. A good friend of mine also sells partylite - don't really want to put myself in that pickle! ha ha
I think you're right Janet... great timing!!

ahammons said:
**Okay, just checked my e-mail again and got one from an old college friend. She does parylite and wants to swap shows. Hmm.. not sure I want to do this though. A good friend of mine also sells partylite - don't really want to put myself in that pickle! ha ha
I think you're right Janet... great timing!!

Sure- why not- swap shows now- and in 2-3 months do one for the other friend. It will give you some contacts and possibly more shows.

It's really tempting... I'm just worried that my family and friends won't really want to order anything because I'm just starting out with PC and have asked them to do shows. Of course, only a few have actually said yes to shows... Maybe I'll give it a shot. My other friend just started w/ Partylite, so we both agreed not to swap shows for quite a while.

I understand. Once I knew I was hosting my own open house, my sister wanted me to do a show for her business and I hated to do it too close to mine because I didn't want to wear people out for shows- but they amazingly handle it pretty well.

Can't you just go to the PC wedding registry page and search for her name to see if she actually registered? If she didn't, I'd say she's fair game.

I agree, if the consultant has not contacted her, then she is fair game.

straitfan said:
Can't you just go to the PC wedding registry page and search for her name to see if she actually registered? If she didn't, I'd say she's fair game.

Great idea!! Plus, if she is registered, she should have gotten little cards to let people know she is registered. My guess is she's not registered...definately contact her again & offer to do a show/help her register, whatever she needs! And make sure you keep in touch with her & give great customer service!!

Thanks - that's a great idea. I e-mailed her back lastnight just to double check that she's not already registered, but haven't gotten a reply yet. (It was getting late, so I probably won't hear from her until today) For the life of me, I can't think of her lastname right now (I've only met her once)- but I'll definitely do a search as soon as I do! :)

Related to Help a Fellow Consultant: Wedding Registry Assistance

1. How can I assist a customer in setting up a wedding registry?

In order to help a customer with setting up a wedding registry, you can direct them to our website or catalog to browse and select the products they would like to add to their registry. Once they have made their selections, you can assist them in creating the registry and adding the chosen items.

2. Can I offer personalized assistance to customers who are creating a wedding registry?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can provide personalized assistance to customers creating a wedding registry. You can offer suggestions on products that would be useful for their kitchen and help them with the registry setup process.

3. Are there any benefits for customers who register for a wedding registry through Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are benefits for customers who register for a wedding registry through Pampered Chef. They will receive a free gift with their first purchase and can also earn rewards for every dollar spent on their registry.

4. Is there a limit on the number of items a customer can add to their wedding registry?

No, there is no limit on the number of items a customer can add to their wedding registry. They can choose as many products as they would like from our catalog or website.

5. Can customers make changes to their wedding registry after it has been created?

Yes, customers can make changes to their wedding registry at any time. They can add or remove items, update quantities, and even change their shipping address. They can also track purchases made from their registry and view any remaining items on their list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • jwpamp