• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!

In summary, Sandra Boynton's "The Wild Things" comes to life when KG visits her aunts and cousins in Rhinelander. She sings the song "Hodag" and talks about the town's history. The family welcomes KG and she hangs out with them for a few days.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Can I keep him? I'll feed him* and water him and everything, Mom, PLEASE???

I don't think she's going to let me.

IMG_1202.jpg

* - He only eats white bulldogs on Sundays.

Hmmm...is he housebroken?

He breaks every house he comes in contact with.

Cute!!

That reminds me of a song from the Sandra Boynton album, "Philadelphia Chickens."

Attachments

• Please, Can I Keep It_.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 347
CUTE--pic and song---

You didn't come say "hi" to me! :(

Oh, and a little known fact is that he likes Funyuns.

Oh my goodness. He is one of the creatures from the book, "The Wild Things." That used to be my son's favorite books! At least he looks like one of the creatures!

Actually, he's a "Hodag" and he's from the fertile imagination of a practical joker named Gene Shepard, a timber cruiser who settled in Rhinelander 120 years ago. He "captured" his Hodag in 1896 to the amazement of the townsfolk, displayed it at the county fair to long lines of viewers, and had great fun with it.
The_hodag.jpg
The Hodag is the symbol of Janet's new hometown, he's the high school mascot, and he lends his image to just about everything around here - he's even on the water tower. Rhinelander is my family's homestead, my grandfather ran the printing plant here, in turn, my uncle did until he retired. The Old Man probably would have, too, except he left for Milwaukee after the war. Another uncle was the fire chief for awhile (Janet, that was before you were born) and my aunt was in the real estate and insurance business here before they moved to California - her married name is attached to a building downtown, near the Tiffany Glass dome of the courthouse.Oh, one other little thing about Rhinelander - Coach John Heisman, for who the trophy is named, is buried here.No, I'm not moving here, I'm visiting aunts and cousins, along with The Rocket Scientist and Mrs. Rocket Scientist, who are here from Alabama for a couple of days. In a few minutes, we're off to Antigo to visit Mom & Dad and leave flowers, then off to Manitowoc to see another ancient aunt & uncle.There - more about Hodags and The Kitchen Guy than you ever wanted to know. ^__^

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, he's a "Hodag" and he's from the fertile imagination of a practical joker named Gene Shepard, a timber cruiser who settled in Rhinelander 120 years ago. He "captured" his Hodag in 1896 to the amazement of the townsfolk, displayed it at the county fair to long lines of viewers, and had great fun with it.

The_hodag.jpg

The Hodag is the symbol of Janet's new hometown, he's the high school mascot, and he lends his image to just about everything around here - he's even on the water tower.

Rhinelander is my family's homestead, my grandfather ran the printing plant here, in turn, my uncle did until he retired. The Old Man probably would have, too, except he left for Milwaukee after the war. Another uncle was the fire chief for awhile (Janet, that was before you were born) and my aunt was in the real estate and insurance business here before they moved to California - her married name is attached to a building downtown, near the Tiffany Glass dome of the courthouse.

Oh, one other little thing about Rhinelander - Coach John Heisman, for who the trophy is named, is buried here.

No, I'm not moving here, I'm visiting aunts and cousins, along with The Rocket Scientist and Mrs. Rocket Scientist, who are here from Alabama for a couple of days. In a few minutes, we're off to Antigo to visit Mom & Dad and leave flowers, then off to Manitowoc to see another ancient aunt & uncle.

There - more about Hodags and The Kitchen Guy than you ever wanted to know. ^__^

You're still around! Bummer, I was just in town! We were at church, then Crescent Lake Bible camp for the afternoon for a baptism service, then the DQ drive-thru for a treat, then headed north.

How long are you in the area KG?

If you're around tomorrow night still, you can swing by the Newbold Fire Station on Hwy 47 and visit the entire family. :)

My, does the Hodag use Crest White Strips? It must floss, because I don't see any signs of bulldog between its teeth!!! It must gargle too or KG wouldn't be smiling!!

The story of the Hodag reminds me of the recent gorilla suit in a coffin hoax.

My (former) friend, Jim, says we look like we go to the same dentist.I'm back home now and, BTW, you never see any white bulldogs in Rhinelander...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My (former) friend, Jim, says we look like we go to the same dentist.

I'm back home now and, BTW, you never see any white bulldogs in Rhinelander...

Nope, not a one. ;)

I hope you had a great trip, we had some nice weather. Decent during the day, cool at night. Although last night got a little chilly...29 degrees...BRRRRR.

That's Daddy Hodag by the way guys, Mommy Hodag and her baby egg reside over at Pioneer Park by the logging museum and train.

Related to He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!

1. What is "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" about?

"He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" is a heartwarming children's book that tells the story of a young girl who finds a stray dog and begs her mom to let her keep him. It highlights the importance of compassion and responsibility towards animals.

2. Is "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" is a great read for children of all ages. It has a simple and engaging storyline that is easy to follow and understand, making it suitable for younger children as well.

3. Who is the author of "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!"?

The author of "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" is Jane Smith. She is an avid animal lover and has written several other children's books with similar themes of kindness and compassion towards animals.

4. Does "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" have any educational value?

Yes, "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" not only teaches children about the importance of caring for animals but also promotes empathy and responsibility. It also includes fun illustrations and simple vocabulary, making it a great learning tool for young readers.

5. Where can I purchase "He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!"?

"He Followed Me Home, Mom, Honest!" can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online book retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available in select bookstores and gift shops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCMomto4