• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Having Problems with AMEX? Discover the Cause and Solutions Here!

I just wanted to make sure that wasn't what was happening to everyone else.When I talked to Sherita this morning and she told me that thre was nothing wrong with Pampered Chef processing that the customers card was legitimately declined and that I'd have to call my customers and tell them to call their bank for a resolution I told her no way, I'll just wait for y'all to get enough calls from consultants and for y'all to look into it. (wow, that was a run-on sentance!)Grrr this is frustrating! hopefully they fix it today. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do. The customer is my best friend's aunt, so I'm tempted to just have it put
PamperedK
Silver Member
Has anyone had problems submitting shows with AMEX payments this weekend?

I've had 2 cards decline, and one was mine! I know I have enough money available so I called AMEX to see what's up and they said the 4 digit security number is wrong....but we don't use that security number on PP! I'm so confused!

I'm calling HO tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else was having issues.

I had 2 decline last night too. When I realized they were both AMEX I figured there was an issue. Both my customers insist there should not be a problem too. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

It might have been a prob on Amex's end. My niece had a problem getting a plane ticket... The same thing was said about the 4 digit # and she was using the correct one.

I just talked to Sherita in cust svc....she said that she isn't aware of any issues with AmEx. But, both of my customer's cards still declined and my customers swear they are good. I tend to side with my customers as this is just odd given the number of AmEx issues I've heard about. Sherita said that my customers would have to call their bank to clear the issue before PC can process...wtf? I'm just going to wait until later today when HO gets inundated with calls and let them deal with it...argh! Sherita wasn't the least bit helpful or compassionate.

:( That's sad Linda!

oh great. When I called AMEX today they said it wasn't their problem. Oy.

sounds like they got hacked.

This just in from a fellow Director:
Hey Everyone,

I have been getting LOADS of declined cards on my shows, when I realized they were all AMERICAN EXPRESS- I called Home Office and they told me that there is a issue with all AM EX cards and they are working on it and don't have any suggestions for me other than waiting to see if they can resolve it.

I just want to warn all you so you don't have frustrated Guests like I do who I have to call and tell them their card is not going through and get them all frustrated when they know it is a perfectly good card....very embarrassing. Now, I have to call them back and let them know it is our issue, not theirs...grrrr.

So, be warned... try to take something other than AM EX until it gets resolved....or you have alot of declined cards and shows on hold for who knows how long....like me.

cookingwithlove said:
This just in from a fellow Director:
Hey Everyone,

I have been getting LOADS of declined cards on my shows, when I realized they were all AMERICAN EXPRESS- I called Home Office and they told me that there is a issue with all AM EX cards and they are working on it and don't have any suggestions for me other than waiting to see if they can resolve it.

I just want to warn all you so you don't have frustrated Guests like I do who I have to call and tell them their card is not going through and get them all frustrated when they know it is a perfectly good card....very embarrassing. Now, I have to call them back and let them know it is our issue, not theirs...grrrr.

So, be warned... try to take something other than AM EX until it gets resolved....or you have alot of declined cards and shows on hold for who knows how long....like me.

Thanks Wendy! Guess you didn't talk to Sherita like I did! I almost want to call her back with a big fat "I told you so!" LOL!! I have had several 'unhelpful' customer service people today and I'm in that kind of mood! I hate it when you know you are right but the person holding the 'power' won't agree...grrrr!!!! it's just comical at times.

When I talked to Sherita this morning and she told me that thre was nothing wrong with Pampered Chef processing that the customers card was legitimately declined and that I'd have to call my customers and tell them to call their bank for a resolution I told her no way, I'll just wait for y'all to get enough calls from consultants and for y'all to look into it. (wow, that was a run-on sentance!)

Grrr this is frustrating! hopefully they fix it today. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do. The customer is my best friend's aunt, so I'm tempted to just have it put on my debit card and charge her card when they resolve it. oy.

Personally, I have not had an American Express card run recently. The previous message was sent to me by one of my director friends. I know I have a couple of AMEXs on my next shows to go through, but I don't remember who gave them to me. I do not write card numbers on the receipts. I put them right in my computer. So I can either call everyone who gave me a credit cards (I did 5 parties last week, eek!) or wait and see if I get a hold.

Wendy, when you look in the Payment section of P3, the card used lights up in color... the others are greyed out. For reference, the # the card starts with will tell you what card it is:
3- AMEX
4 - Visa
5 - MC
6 - DiscoverOnce we enter them, we can only see the last 4 digits so refer to the *colored* card in P3 to know. HTH!

AMEX are only 15 digits long too, so you can look at online orders & the sales receipts and know that all the 16 digit numbers are not affected by this.

finley1991 said:
Wendy, when you look in the Payment section of P3, the card used lights up in color... the others are greyed out.

For reference, the # the card starts with will tell you what card it is:
3- AMEX
4 - Visa
5 - MC
6 - Discover

Once we enter them, we can only see the last 4 digits so refer to the *colored* card in P3 to know. HTH!

I know the 3,4,5 &6 for the different cards, but I never knew about the card lights up!! Yippee. Thanks!:clap:

I've never noticed that the appropriate card logo lights up either. LOL That's cool!

Sheila said:
AMEX are only 15 digits long too, so you can look at online orders & the sales receipts and know that all the 16 digit numbers are not affected by this.

I don't write the CC numbers on the receipt. I use my laptop at shows and input it right at the show. I don't like having a paper trail of credit card numbers.

Smart! I'd be screwed on that though ... there's been too many times that the host has decided between the show & closing that she wanted to sign & I gave the show to her. We'd have had to call all those people to get their numbers again! LOL I do tear off the stubs & shred them after the show arrives & everyone's happy.

Sheila said:
Smart! I'd be screwed on that though ... there's been too many times that the host has decided between the show & closing that she wanted to sign & I gave the show to her. We'd have had to call all those people to get their numbers again! LOL

I do tear off the stubs & shred them after the show arrives & everyone's happy.

Can you submit shows for other people in P3? When that's happened to me (I do the same - don't keep numbers on paper) I just change the info and submit for the new person.

A bit annoying though as they then have no record of the sale....but haven't run into a problem yet.

I let the new person type in the orders into their P3 system so that they have the record as well as the training on how to do the entries. You can change a host name, but I don't think you can take a show that's already established with orders & change the consultant info.

I think it's clearing up. I just noticed that the new red link for Shows on Hold is no longer showing on my CC page. So, I went into the "Resolve CC" section and my declined CC's now say "Authorization: No More Processing Required" The show is still on hold, but I guess it's working it's way through the system.

Show is now "released for picking"....yay!!!!!

okay, good! I have a show I'm turning in tonight that has an AMEX on it. I didn't want to have to call the guest and get alternate payment.

Yeah my declined cards list is missing now too.....wonder if we'll get an email tomorrow or some kind of acknowledgement that there was a problem.....?

1. What are the common reasons for having problems with AMEX?

Some common reasons for having problems with AMEX include incorrect card information, insufficient funds, fraudulent activity, and expired cards.

2. How can I resolve issues with my AMEX card?

If you are experiencing problems with your AMEX card, the first step is to contact the AMEX customer service hotline to discuss the issue. They will be able to provide you with specific solutions based on your situation.

3. Why is my AMEX card being declined?

There are several reasons why your AMEX card may be declined, including insufficient funds, incorrect card information, or a temporary hold placed by the card issuer. It's best to contact the AMEX customer service hotline to determine the exact reason for the decline.

4. Can I still use my AMEX card if it has been declined?

In most cases, you will not be able to use your AMEX card if it has been declined. However, if the decline was due to a temporary hold placed by the card issuer, you may be able to use it once the hold is lifted.

5. How can I prevent future problems with my AMEX card?

To prevent future problems with your AMEX card, make sure to keep your card information up to date, regularly monitor your account for suspicious activity, and contact AMEX customer service if you have any concerns or questions. It's also important to make sure you have sufficient funds in your account before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cheftiffany