• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried grilling planks from Stop-N-Shop?

In summary, the Grilling Planks are a new product that was spotted at Stop-n-shop on Thursday. They come in a pack of twelve and cost $18. Debbie says she's not familiar with them, but they've been successful with fish, chicken, and burgers.
chefkristin
Gold Member
OMG!! They had the Grilling Planks at Stop-n-shop on Thursday when I went grocery shopping. I have never even heard of them before PC. I wonder if they copied or were they around before we had them?

Been aroundThey have been around. I know many grilling professionals that use them reguarly with salmon, steaks, burgers, etc on the grill. My director would order them on the internet for her husband and now she said she can use these!!

Debbie :D

I won't tell my guests this, but you can use plain untreated cedar planks to grill on. I have been doing this for years after going to Mackinaw Island and having fish grilled on cedar. Have to make sure they are untreated, no wierd chemicals, etc, but they are dirt cheap. I laughed when I saw the planks and the price.

I haven't mentioned them at my shows yet, and so far no one has asked me about them. I try to be honest with my guests when they ask my opinion on our products.

Just my opinion. If you all can sell these, more power to you! At $18 a pop, they could add up.

I, too, struggle a bit with something at this price that's not reusable. I've only been asked about them once. My answer was, "I've not used them. I understand that they work very well and add a wonderful flavor to whatever you're grilling. I do want to make sure you notice, though, that they are not reusable."

I am really not familiar with them and they really don't excite me much. What do they actually do anyway?

My experience is with cedar and it imparts a nice "taste" to whatever you grill on it. I don't eat red meat, so don't cook that, but I have used cedar planks with fish.

1. How do I use the grilling planks?

Grilling planks are very easy to use! Simply soak the plank in water for at least 1 hour, then place it on a preheated grill. Once the plank starts to smoke, you can place your food on top and let it cook. The plank will infuse the food with a delicious smoky flavor.

2. Are the grilling planks reusable?

Yes, our grilling planks are reusable as long as they are properly cared for. After each use, wash the plank with warm water and mild soap, then let it air dry completely. You can use the same plank multiple times before it needs to be replaced.

3. Can I use the grilling planks in the oven?

Yes, our grilling planks can be used in the oven as well. Simply follow the same instructions for soaking the plank and preheating the oven. Place the plank with the food on a baking sheet and cook according to your recipe's instructions.

4. What types of wood are the grilling planks made from?

Our grilling planks are made from all-natural, food-safe wood. We offer a variety of wood options, including cedar, maple, hickory, and alder. Each wood imparts a unique flavor to the food, so feel free to experiment and find your favorite.

5. Can I use the grilling planks with any type of food?

Yes, grilling planks can be used with a variety of foods, including meats, seafood, and vegetables. The plank will help keep the food moist and add a smoky flavor, making it perfect for grilling all types of dishes. Just be sure to adjust cooking times accordingly based on the food's thickness and your desired level of doneness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
Replies
Views
lovescooking