1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: WAYY OT - For those who use Shwann's

1. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

When I came home Thursday evening from Bible Study, my husband mentioned the Shwann's driver had come by and he'd ordered some things (actually, his words were "you owe me money" :D). Ugh, how could I have forgotten it was THAT Thursday?

When I walked in the kitchen, there was (and still is) Bruce's reminder date sticker - on the handle of the refrigerator. DH says he didn't know where else to put it (we don't use a wall calendar), and I think this is a great idea. I'll never forget when it's Bruce's delivery date again. Next time, I can just leave the shopping list and money by the door. Woohoo - hate when we run out of Raspberry Rumble!;):love:

Sep 19, 2009
  2. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Hmmmm...Raspberry Rumble...I think I can turn that term around and use it to get away with a different kind of rumble that seems to effect some of us more than others of us around here. (Although, raspberries seldom have anything to do with causing the rumble.)

3. Pedey

Pedey Member

I just started using Schwanns - and I have to saw that so far, may favorite thing is the fried green beans. YUMMMMM!

Sep 19, 2009
  4. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

How expensive is Schwann's? I've thought about it since I went back to work FT, but money's tight right now.

Sep 19, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think that the convenience foods are very pricey...but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Schwan's vegetables! They are the BEST! I only buy Schwans frozen veggies.

Also, my husband is lactose intolerant, and regular ice cream really rips up his stomach, but he can have frozen yogurt w/o it causing problems. Schwan's has the best selection of frozen yogurts, and they taste good! So we buy our "ice cream" from Schwans too. It's on par price-wise with the Frozen Yogurt in the grocery store.
    They also have the best French bread baguettes - both white and whole grain.
    Here in Michigan, it's very hard to find fresh fish, but there are a couple varieties of fresh frozen fish that I regularly buy from Schwans too - Blue Hake is probably our favorite, and it's no more expensive than buying fish at the grocery store.

Sep 19, 2009
  6. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

yum...they have orange push pops that are great. i used to eat those when i was little. they used to come by all the time. haven't seen a truck in forever. wish we had one...lil pricy tho....great frozen fruits for smoothies too

Sep 19, 2009
  7. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I have used the cheese tortellini for our Weekday Dinners Done recipe (and it only uses half a bag). I also LOVE their vegetables. I used their asparagus for our appetizer recipe a few years ago.. worked great!

Sep 19, 2009
Have something to add?