• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Experienced Warped Stone After Oven Use?

, in summary, someone's daughter baked an oven without realizing it was there and the oven warped a rectangular piece of baker, a large bar pan is warped, and a round stone is warped as well. Keeping a stone in the oven with nothing on it makes the oven heat slower and more evenly. Linda also contacted HO and they replaced her bar pan.
Cindy Landon
Has anyone had a stone become warped?

Someone was telling me yesterday that her daughter had an empty rectangular baker in the oven and she turned on the oven without realizing that it was there. I don't know how long it was in or at what temperature, but it no longer sits evenly on a flat surface.

That shouldn't have warped it. I keep my round stone in the oven all the time - except when I'm running the oven cleaning cycle. Keeping a stone in the oven with nothing on it just makes the oven heat slower and more evenly.

My large bar pan is warped. I don't know what caused it.

My round stone is warped as well. I have no idea what happened. Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Our stones aren't vitrifiedWhat this means is that are stones are not at their strongest point. That also means they are pores(can't spell at the moment) they absorb liqiud. However this enables us to cook and get wonderful even cooking.

Vitrified is when the clay particles fuse together, so nothing gets through at a certain temp. For most stoneware it is around 2400 degrees f. I hope this made sense and didn't sound like a lesson on clay!:D

I have never had a piece of stoneware warp, I would contact HO to see about a replacement. The piece of paper that comes with your stoneware with tips for stoneware success says: Do not preheat empty stoneware in the oven. In our recipe for success it says:Don't preheat empty Stoneware in the oven as this may cause the stoneware to crack when the cold food is placed on it.
I would be scared to use my stoneware if it warped:eek:

Maybe I will contact HO. I've never had it in the oven without something on it. Its just a little uneven., very slight

My bar pan came warped. I contacted HO and they replaced it for me.

Linda

1. Can the stone be fixed if it becomes warped after oven use?

In most cases, a warped stone cannot be fixed. Once the stone has been exposed to high heat, it can become brittle and prone to cracking. It is best to replace the stone if it becomes warped.

2. What causes the stone to warp after oven use?

Exposing the stone to sudden temperature changes can cause it to warp. For example, placing a cold stone in a hot oven or placing a hot stone on a cool surface can lead to warping. It is important to allow the stone to cool down gradually to prevent warping.

3. Can I prevent my stone from warping after oven use?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to prevent your stone from warping. First, always allow the stone to cool down gradually after use. Second, avoid placing the stone in extreme temperatures, such as a hot oven or a cold freezer. Lastly, avoid using metal utensils on the stone, as this can cause damage and warping over time.

4. Is it safe to continue using a warped stone?

We do not recommend using a warped stone as it can affect the evenness of cooking and may cause uneven browning of your food. It can also be a safety hazard, as the stone can crack or break during use. It is best to replace a warped stone to ensure safe and effective cooking.

5. How do I properly care for my stone to prevent warping?

To prevent warping, it is important to properly care for your stone. Always allow it to cool down gradually after use, and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures. Additionally, make sure to clean your stone with warm water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using soap, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food. Proper care can help prolong the life of your stone and prevent warping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • cincychef