• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever been embarrassed by a food chopper?

In summary, the conversation discusses experiences with using a chopper at a show. One person experienced difficulty chopping a red pepper that was not cool enough, while another recommends using a Santoku knife for peppers. The conversation also mentions using the chopper for various foods, such as graham crackers and cooked chicken. The discussion also briefly touches on using a micro-cooker to cook and chop ground beef. The conversation ends with a playful interruption and a return to the original topic.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
my last show i was so embarassed..I used a red pepper, that wasn't very cool..Had been out of the fridge about 1 hour..and it didn't chop well at all ( no matter whether skin face up or face down...I was embarassed..and know that had the pepper been cooler/crisper it would have been fine...

I need to demo something in it that will consistent do fine..(and make sure I keep it in the fridge..)

smilesarepriceless said:
my last show i was so embarassed..I used a red pepper, that wasn't very cool..Had been out of the fridge about 1 hour..and it didn't chop well at all ( no matter whether skin face up or face down...I was embarassed..and know that had the pepper been cooler/crisper it would have been fine...

I need to demo something in it that will consistent do fine..(and make sure I keep it in the fridge..)

I had that happen before too. I actually sent my chopper back because I thought it was defective. It wasn't chopping very well, ie. my onions were getting shredded, not chopped.

That's why on another thread they were talking about the mini pesto pizza's and demoing the pesto. I would NOT recommend that. It doesn't chop basil well enough to do that!

did you ever try like graham crackers (such as for a graham cracker crust)? it chops sooooo fine, lots of OOOHHS and AAAHHHs...

I always use it to chop cooked chicken, olives, onions, fresh broccoli at shows with no trouble. For peppers I always use the Santoku

Yeah I always have problems chopping my peppers too...I will have to start using my santoku.

dannyzmom said:
I always use it to chop cooked chicken, olives, onions, fresh broccoli at shows with no trouble. For peppers I always use the Santoku

yeah mine must of been defective. I had to POUND it to chop cooked chicken for a show.

with chicken you have to make sure it is cooled, or it will bend the inside piece and get stuck

I love the chopper for ground beef. I cook the ground beef in a micro cooker and then drain it. Then I use the chopper right in the micro cooker to get finely chopped beef for tacos, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, hamburger helper, etc. Soooo much easier than breaking it apart with a spatula. I don't have the mix'n'chop yet.

Hijack:

Niki, I sell the micro-cookers by letting people know that won't have to use the chopper to get their ground beef all crumbly for tacos and such. Are you stirring it half-way through and again at the end? Mine breaks apart beautifully. No lumps.

I now return you to your originally scheduled thread.

1. What is a food chopper and how does it work?

A food chopper is a kitchen tool used to chop, mince, and puree ingredients such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and herbs. It typically consists of a sharp blade attached to a container or bowl. To use a food chopper, simply place the ingredients inside, cover with the lid, and press or twist the blade to chop the food to the desired consistency.

2. Why should I choose a Pampered Chef food chopper over other brands?

Pampered Chef food choppers are made with high-quality materials and are designed to be durable and long-lasting. They also feature ergonomic handles and easy-to-use mechanisms for efficient chopping. Additionally, our food choppers come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can trust that you're getting a top-quality product.

3. Can I use the food chopper for all types of food?

Our food choppers are designed to handle a wide variety of ingredients, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, and more. However, it's important to note that some tougher or larger foods may require pre-cutting before using the chopper. Always refer to the product instructions for specific guidelines on what types of foods are suitable for your particular food chopper.

4. How do I clean and maintain my food chopper?

To clean your food chopper, simply disassemble the parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. The blade and container are also dishwasher safe for added convenience. To maintain your food chopper, be sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling and storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools that could damage the blade.

5. Is the food chopper safe to use for children?

We recommend that children only use the food chopper with adult supervision. The sharp blade and quick chopping motion can be dangerous for young children. Always exercise caution and follow the product instructions when using the food chopper around children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • Jane the PC