• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you checked out GoogleReader?

In summary, The author has a blog and has written about the corn'spiracy. The author also has a blog for kids that is about cooking. The author deleted their knitting blog, but has a post about visiting the Doris Christopher House. The author is excited for the Conference to be in Chicago.
chefann said:
Do you mean Kenowhere? (that's my sister's nickname for it - one of her college roommates was from there.)

Exactly Ann - that's what we called it growing up too!

It has now changed from Kenowhere to the northern suburb of Chicago!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You missed the hyphenation. Ke-no-where.

Home of Thomas Jeffrey's 1902 Rambler - the car that started it all in Kenosha, later sold to Nash, makers of the Nash Rambler (The Kenosha Kadillac) and Kelvinator refrigerators. Ramblers were popular in the Drive-In culture because the front seats folded flat, level with the back seat. :eek:

(Through mergers and such, American Motors aquired Jeep and when American Motors was absorbed by Chrysler, they blew off the entire line except for Jeep. Chrysler was, in turn, absorbed by Daimler-Benz, for reasons no one could ever quite understand. Chrysler is now for sale again, in case you have a few billion dollars laying around and you'd like to get into the automobile manufacturing business.)

Interesting trivia KG...my uncle worked for AMC and I worked at the Chrysler Kenosha Engine Plant (what was left by AMC) in 1993-1995 as a Maintenance Supervisor. We only made the Jeep Cherokee and Wagoneer engines at the time and were working on tearing out the old V8 line. Those old chip chains were DISGUSTING after not running for a few years. Then we extended the assembly line, I left (to finish my engineering degree) and when I went back to visit a few years later the place had doubled in size again (pre Daimler still). From just my time there I have MANY stories...the he-she ones are quite interesting...ever see a guy walk around Kenosha in a mini-skirt, high heels, and a parasol? He used to work at Chrysler...had 1/2 the operation (top) and didn't get the rest so they had to make a special bathroom for him...guys didn't want him in theirs anymore with a chest and the women didn't want a guy in their bathroom...glad I wasn't HR!

The original Kaiser plant in Toledo, where they also used to build Jeeps, is just now being torn down.

Joelen said:
Oh My... I've suddenly gotten flashbacks of my college years in Kenosha! :p
Now they want to build a train from Kenowhere to Milwaukee.

Can anyone explain to me why that is, and who would actually ride it?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now they want to build a train from Kenowhere to Milwaukee.

Can anyone explain to me why that is, and who would actually ride it?

It is all the Chicagoians...(almost used a Wisconsin word on them - KG would know it) that moved to Kenosha. When they decide to quit working in Chicago and no longer have the Kenosha to Chicago commute they get jobs in the Milwaukee area and want a train there...

With all the development on the far west side, and all the major employers on the west side, why in blazes would anyone drive 20 minutes to park, get out of their car, ride the train to Milwaukee (of all places) to have to get a cab or a bus to get to work from the train...when they can just be in Milwaukee in 20 minutes by driving right from home? The other way...why would anyone fight traffic in downtown Milwaukee to get on a train to ride to Kenowhere to be twenty minutes away from work with no way to get there?

Hey, it never is logical...hence why I'm glad to be up north...except when the "tourists" show up.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No one outside of the immediate area can understand the Packer phenomenon. Of course, every NFL market thinks they have the best fans, and in each market, they do. But there is a certain mystique to Packer fandome that no other team has ever quite reached.

Not sure it is at Packer level, but the cult that is UK Wildcat fans is a phenomenon as well.

Many schools have reached that "cult" level that is uniquely collegiate.

Well, ya've moved on from Blogs..... but I'm hikacking the thread back to the original topic anyway! lol

I started my 2nd attempt at a blog in January (my first 1 fell flat when I couldn't remember to update it..... months would go by and NOTHING!!! lol)

So, I created my FOOD BLOG! I talk about menu planning, food, fun, etc.... and I take lots of pics of my food... I always have! And now I have a place to share those pics! lol

http://mymenu.spaces.live.com

What? A thread up here wanders off topic?That hardly ever happens! :rolleyes:

I was thinking about that train, KG. If it went to Racine, my BIL would probably ride it. He works in Racine - so he's got a less-than-fun drive from Fox Point.

Unless he works at J-Wax, that train isn't going stop anywhere near where he works, and it's not even that close to J-Wax.What really galls me is that they intend to pay for the *&^#! train by doubling the already excessive tax on rental cars. The daily tax rate on rentals would actually be higher than what some companies charge as a daily rate for a rental.Does that sound fair?You can not going to solve 21st Century transportation problems with 19th Century technology.

Nope- he works at Insinkerator. He's going to get me a deal on an instant-hot unit and a disposal for my kitchen. :) But he used to work at SCJ.

Yesterday was Owen's first birthday. My sister had a really touching blog entry. (O-man is such a cutie!)

Can he get duplicates???:confused:

Duplicate kitchen appliances? I think there's a limit to the number he can get in one year. And I believe they're limited to family members. So unless you want to pretend to be the ececntric uncle....

The family was also featured in a couple of magazine ads for Skil tools (same parent company). I don't have them with me, but they're on my system at home (I think). They got a huge bundle of tools as payment for it.

chefann said:
Duplicate kitchen appliances? I think there's a limit to the number he can get in one year. And I believe they're limited to family members. So unless you want to pretend to be the ececntric uncle....The family was also featured in a couple of magazine ads for Skil tools (same parent company). I don't have them with me, but they're on my system at home (I think). They got a huge bundle of tools as payment for it.
I have nieces and nephews who will testify that I don't have to pretend.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I have nieces and nephews who will testify that I don't have to pretend.

I've got some uncles just like you, KG!!!!

I've got two and a director at work at reminds me of one of them... looks the same, same voice, same haircut... it's creepy!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Unless he works at J-Wax, that train isn't going stop anywhere near where he works, and it's not even that close to J-Wax.

What really galls me is that they intend to pay for the *&^#! train by doubling the already excessive tax on rental cars. The daily tax rate on rentals would actually be higher than what some companies charge as a daily rate for a rental.

Does that sound fair?

You can not going to solve 21st Century transportation problems with 19th Century technology.

KG, you just need to move up north and relax...

I didn't want to leave Racine (and the MKE area) and move when I got married, but now 8 years later, I visit Racine about once a year and can't wait to head back up north. I really don't like what it is becoming...too much "progress"...

ISE - good company...at least when I was growing up...

katie0128 said:
I've got two and a director at work at reminds me of one of them... looks the same, same voice, same haircut... it's creepy!

As KG???? :eek:

janetupnorth said:
KG, you just need to move up north and relax...

I didn't want to leave Racine (and the MKE area) and move when I got married, but now 8 years later, I visit Racine about once a year and can't wait to head back up north. I really don't like what it is becoming...too much "progress"...

ISE - good company...at least when I was growing up...
I heard it was a garbage company.

Well, at least, a garbage grinder company.

:D

And I'm not going to move to Up North unless it's for 4 months a year. I can tell you, if I move, it's going to be OUT of this tax hell.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I saw a segment on them on Unwrapped, showing the testing lab. Very cool! Of course, that's what DH does now, so he was interested in the various testing methods, too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

And I'm not going to move to Up North unless it's for 4 months a year. I can tell you, if I move, it's going to be OUT of this tax hell.

Well, you can just be a snowbird like the rest... ;)

Company Quiz:

http://money.aol.com/special/company-quiz-abbreviations

janetupnorth said:
Well, you can just be a snowbird like the rest... ;)
My primary residence would be in a place where, if the governor says he isn't going to raise taxes, he doesn't actually raise taxes.

Unlike Diamond Jim "I'll Say Anything To Get Re-elected" Doyle.

"...we must not raise taxes..." is what he said before the election, after the election, he has a budget that increases taxes by $1.9 Billion dollars.

No other bloggers?If there aren't, the hijacking will continue.

Like we needed permission to hijack!

I thought we were blogging here? LOL!

janetupnorth said:
I thought we were blogging here? LOL!
We don't blog here - we just take pot shots.

I have a hijack: We signed our lease today!

bananahuge.gif

BTW, did YOU write the check this time? :) LOL!

I never pick up the check if I can help it.

Updated to add...I did put a blurb about Paige on my blog. Several of you have gone to read it (thank you) and some have even posted responses.Thanks for your support. If you click on The Pampered Chef link on the right side of the page, it will show you any entries I've made that reference TPC.

Joelen, I had to go eat after seeing all the pix on your blog:eek: .

Do you provide all the recipes? I was droolin over the chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries!:D

Can you suggest a Blog host site?Since my family and I are over here in Germany, I really want to start blogging so that i can keep our family up to date on our adventures and post pictures of where we go. But I want it to be password sensitive, so that no unwanted viewers will see what we write, being that we're in the military and all...Can anyone suggest a good blog site that is password sensitive??

I recommend the one my family uses for that purpose - Live Journal. Every member of your family can become a member. As a member, you can make a list of who your "friends" are, and by doing that, you control who sees your posts. When you create a post, you can set the level of access to be private (you're the only one who can read it) your friends can read it, or the whole world can read it.I used to blog there, and you can look for the user "lugnuts" on LJ and see some of my stuff there. My family login is a different name, though. My brother, The Rocket Scientist, blogs there pretty much to the world, but my posts are all limited to my family.Check it out - I think it's what you're looking for. (Click on Live Journal above or here, it's a link.)

Thanks!!Thanks KG!! I'm gonna go look at Live Journal right now!! :)

luvs2cook said:
I have a kids blog - http://peapodnpeanut.blogspot.com/. I used to have one for knitting but, I deleted it. However, it was great to see the daily progress of a project.

My last entry as September, 2006. I better start blogging again.
Jane~

Your kids are sooooooo cute! Do you live in a log cabin? The wood is beautiful! (Sorry, I am so nosey when it comes to other people's homes...I love to see!)

Joelen said:
I started blogging early this year since many folks were encouraging me to. You can check out my culinary adventures in the link below :)
WOW...is all I can say!

You are quite the chef! I LOVED reading all of the descriptions to go along with your photos!

calebsmom0822 said:
Thanks KG!! I'm gonna go look at Live Journal right now!! :)
Come to any decisions yet?Here's some of my personal postings that are public. You can also see my profile there. It's pretty out of date, I see, and needs some updating.

Last edited:
Joelen & Celeste, I have been wanting to do a food blog forever!!!
You have now inspired me!
I LOVE taking pics, and especially of my creations!
I have a blog also, basically on my kids happening, but sometimes in life in general.
It is http://herrerababies.blogspot.com/

Also, have you guys ever heard of GoogleReader?
It is the coolest thing that I just found.
You add all of your friends blogs onto it and whenever you log in, it shows you all of the new journal entries.
So you don't have to go to each on seperatly.
I LOVE it!!!

I blog about my family and my most of the time boring life at blog.myspace.com/bishopskitchen. Feel free to enjoy my ramblings!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Come to any decisions yet?Here's some of my personal postings that are public. You can also see my profile there. It's pretty out of date, I see, and needs some updating.
Yes KG, I've signed up with LiveJournal..I'm just trying to get used to it. I know its not that difficult..hahah Anyways how can I send you the link to mine? So that you can see the progress... Its nowhere near being done...i want to add pics! Thanks for sharing yours, as it gives me some ideas on what to do with mine.

Cool!Have fun with it - it's a good way for family to keep up with one another. Otherwise, I'd have no way of knowing what bjbass is up to this week.

<h2>1. What is Google Reader?</h2><p>Google Reader is a free web-based application that allows you to organize and keep track of all your favorite blogs and websites in one place. It's a convenient way to stay updated on your favorite content without having to visit each individual website.</p><h2>2. How do I access Google Reader?</h2><p>You can access Google Reader by visiting its website or by downloading the Google Reader app on your mobile device. You can also access it through your Google account if you already have one.</p><h2>3. Can I read your blog on Google Reader?</h2><p>Yes, you can read my blog on Google Reader by adding the blog's URL to your Google Reader account. You can also search for my blog on Google Reader and add it from there.</p><h2>4. Is Google Reader still active?</h2><p>No, unfortunately Google Reader was shut down in 2013. However, there are other similar applications and websites that you can use to organize and read your favorite blogs and websites.</p><h2>5. Can I use Google Reader for any type of blog?</h2><p>Yes, you can use Google Reader for any type of blog as long as it has an RSS feed. Most blogging platforms automatically generate an RSS feed, so it's likely that your blog is compatible with Google Reader.</p>

Related to Have you checked out GoogleReader?

1. What is Google Reader?

Google Reader is a free web-based application that allows you to organize and keep track of all your favorite blogs and websites in one place. It's a convenient way to stay updated on your favorite content without having to visit each individual website.

2. How do I access Google Reader?

You can access Google Reader by visiting its website or by downloading the Google Reader app on your mobile device. You can also access it through your Google account if you already have one.

3. Can I read your blog on Google Reader?

Yes, you can read my blog on Google Reader by adding the blog's URL to your Google Reader account. You can also search for my blog on Google Reader and add it from there.

4. Is Google Reader still active?

No, unfortunately Google Reader was shut down in 2013. However, there are other similar applications and websites that you can use to organize and read your favorite blogs and websites.

5. Can I use Google Reader for any type of blog?

Yes, you can use Google Reader for any type of blog as long as it has an RSS feed. Most blogging platforms automatically generate an RSS feed, so it's likely that your blog is compatible with Google Reader.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCMelissa
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies