• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you checked out GoogleReader?

In summary, The author has a blog and has written about the corn'spiracy. The author also has a blog for kids that is about cooking. The author deleted their knitting blog, but has a post about visiting the Doris Christopher House. The author is excited for the Conference to be in Chicago.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I do - you can read my sporatic blog entries at http://www.jrmanning.com/
Does anyone else here have a blog?

I have a kids blog - http://peapodnpeanut.blogspot.com/. I used to have one for knitting but, I deleted it. However, it was great to see the daily progress of a project.

My last entry as September, 2006. I better start blogging again.

I have thought about it but do I really have anything to say

I like your 'corn'spiracy blog

Kathytnt said:
I have thought about it but do I really have anything to say

I like your 'corn'spiracy blog
Not having anything to say hasn't stopped more than 90% of the bloggers out there in the world.

Thanks for your compliment - there are still too many people who don't believe it, but every day, it becomes more evident that everything I said in there is true. Too much legislation gets passed without anything thinking about the long term effects.

If you scroll down the entries far enough, you'll find my note about visiting the Doris Christopher House in Champaign, Illinois.

luvs2cook said:
I have a kids blog - http://peapodnpeanut.blogspot.com/. I used to have one for knitting but, I deleted it. However, it was great to see the daily progress of a project.

My last entry as September, 2006. I better start blogging again.
Those are great photos! Your kids are gonna hate you for this when they're teenagers, but when they get into college, they're going to really appreciate the fact you took the time to do this.

I started blogging early this year since many folks were encouraging me to. You can check out my culinary adventures in the link below :)

I do one to keep our family updated on what the kids are doing... http://www.hammonsfamily.zoomshare.com/ Pretty boring entries most of the time, but our family seems to like it. :) I haven't had a chance to update it for a while though - I guess I'm too distracted with packing. lol

Joelen said:
I started blogging early this year since many folks were encouraging me to. You can check out my culinary adventures in the link below :)
Someday, when I can eat again, I'm going to come visit you.

Cool! Thanks!

O-man's first birthday is tomorrow, which doesn't seem like a big deal. But a lot of heart babies never reach a year.

My sister's in a support group for heart families - I'm trying to get them to do a fundraiser. :) So there may be some bookings that I can pass to various and sundry WI cheffers.

ahammons said:
I do one to keep our family updated on what the kids are doing... http://www.hammonsfamily.zoomshare.com/ Pretty boring entries most of the time, but our family seems to like it. :) I haven't had a chance to update it for a while though - I guess I'm too distracted with packing. lol
My family is also up on livejournal.com and that is the only way we can keep in contact. My brother, The Rocket Scientist and his wife, The Knitting Queen, live in Huntsville, my niece is in South Carolina and my nephew is based in Memphis but is currently playing bass on a river boat in the Pacific Northwest.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Someday, when I can eat again, I'm going to come visit you.

Everyone is welcome to my kitchen... and that includes you and all fellow cheffers too! Kinda excited that the Conference is in Chicago. For those interested, I'm more than willing to offer suggestions of places to hit for those interested in touring Chicago outside conference schedules. :)

chefann said:
Cool! Thanks!

O-man's first birthday is tomorrow, which doesn't seem like a big deal. But a lot of heart babies never reach a year.

My sister's in a support group for heart families - I'm trying to get them to do a fundraiser. :) So there may be some bookings that I can pass to various and sundry WI cheffers.
Most of my fundraisers are on Saturday but I'd do one on a Sundry if I had to.

Joelen said:
Everyone is welcome to my kitchen... and that includes you and all fellow cheffers too! Kinda excited that the Conference is in Chicago. For those interested, I'm more than willing to offer suggestions of places to hit for those interested in touring Chicago outside conference schedules. :)
I'd recommend the river tour - there are several that depart from the foot of the Michigan Avenue bridge over the Chicago River. It's a short cab ride from HQ. The sunset cruise is stunning to watch from the harbor as the lights of Chicago come on at dusk. The tour describes the interesting architecture of the buildings along the river before the boat turns around and heads through the lock and into Lake Michigan.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Most of my fundraisers are on Saturday but I'd do one on a Sundry if I had to.
I'm doing the fundraiser - but if there are a lot of bookings, I'll be passing those along. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My family is also up on livejournal.com and that is the only way we can keep in contact. My brother, The Rocket Scientist and his wife, The Knitting Queen, live in Huntsville, my niece is in South Carolina and my nephew is based in Memphis but is currently playing bass on a river boat in the Pacific Northwest.
Our family's the same way - my SIL has a blog for our niece, and that's the only way we hear about what's going on with her. We're in Missouri for about 2 more weeks, then back to Indiana for me -- oh yeah, the kids are coming too! he he :) (DH will be in South Korea) We have family in Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania -- my BIL who's in Texas met him wife while stationed in Belgium, so I'm pretty sure they're going to be back there asap.

chefann said:
I'm doing the fundraiser - but if there are a lot of bookings, I'll be passing those along. :)
I would hope so.

Just don't schedule anything on a Sundry in Fall. The entire state of Wisconsin comes to a halt between noon and 3 PM on a Packer Sundry.

chefann said:
Cool! Thanks!

My pleasure, although it's not like my blog gets thousands of hits every day. Or week. Or year, for that matter.

You might like Jessica McBride's Media Matters (there's a link on my blog) - she's got a link on her blog to mine, the difference is that she does have hundreds of hits on a daily basis.

Joelen,

I love your blog! After 20 years in uniform, I find getting to focus on the kitchen and friends is a great combination. (Loved the Army, but I wasn't paid to be nice and friendly:rolleyes: ) What you are doing is so where I want to be!

kris

Love your blog, Anne. I'm going to add that to my list when I get home!

You still in the location you emailed to me? (The cute little building with the second story...)

Ann-
What town will your coffee shop be in? My Dad lives in Barnegat in Ocean County...

legacypc46 said:
Joelen,

I love your blog! After 20 years in uniform, I find getting to focus on the kitchen and friends is a great combination. (Loved the Army, but I wasn't paid to be nice and friendly:rolleyes: ) What you are doing is so where I want to be!

kris

Thanks for checking it out Kris! I love cooking and entertaining and learning about ethnic foods so those are the main focuses of my blog. :)

chefann said:
Love your blog, Anne. I'm going to add that to my list when I get home! You still in the location you emailed to me? (The cute little building with the second story...)
Thanks! its really just random thoughts. NO WHERE near as eleoquent at KG's. Which, I am a huge fan of that site. The location, actually.... that was sooo three locations ago! LOL I had my brother (contractor) check it out and plumbing-wise it would have been a nightmare. Then we were looking at a little freasy spoon type place and the owner kinda flaked out on us. Maybe he didn't think we were serious? Which is funny because we are signing our lease Friday and have a verbal committment from the bank, and he still hasn't gotten anyone into his place. Hahaha!

SusanBP0129 said:
Ann-
What town will your coffee shop be in? My Dad lives in Barnegat in Ocean County...

It will be in Egg Harbor Township, which is Atlantic County--about 10 miles outside of AC.

Last edited:
Awww... that was such a cute little building, Anne.

But safety must come first!

chefann said:

I know! I loved it and loved the city, but if a pipe burst, we would have been responsible to dig everything up and it was such an old building...

chefann said:

I don't think it's safety as much as the expense. Added: ^ ^ ^ You see, I told you!

The new place looks like a pretty hot spot. If it is that hot, you know Starschmucks will eventually move in but that could be a good thing for you. Whenever I see a Starschmucks, I usually look around for an alternate nearby.

Yes, it could be a good thing for us.

Here's a picture...
album.php

This is my store from across the street. The rounded windows will have canopies over them. Its the focal point of the center. It only has a few stores and a restaurant or two. Not only is it on the busiest highway in the area, what you don't see is the huge medical center and medical offices around it. The second picture is the other part of the center.

I like it! You could do a very nice sign over the doorway, too.

I do, too! Its going to be really nice.

(Sorry about the hijack, KG!)

Me? Upset about a hijack of one of my threads? Surely, you jest.

Don't call us Shirley!

I blog. I usually fall into the "nothing much to say but I say it anyway" category, but I used to love to write and I'm trying to find that "writing gear" again.http://jennifer.vox.com/

chefann said:
Don't call us Shirley!
I wasn't talking to you. Surely, I'd never call you Shirley.

I don't really do much there anymore -- and really it's nothing earth shattering as it is, but ...

http://kierya.livejournal.com

Now that's entertainment.

It's funny now, but at the time it was pretty bad.I still can't believe one person was capable of so much stupidity.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I would hope so.

Just don't schedule anything on a Sundry in Fall. The entire state of Wisconsin comes to a halt between noon and 3 PM on a Packer Sundry.

Oh my goodness, that is SOOOOOO true!

I "accidently" hit Infusinos in Racine at half time when I was home visiting and wasn't watching the game (it was one of those games where if you didn't have ESPN or something expensive you couldn't get it in on the Milwaukee channels)...anyway, I thought I'd never get a pizza - half the city was there!

No only does the state stand still, no one cooks!

janetupnorth said:
Oh my goodness, that is SOOOOOO true!

I "accidently" hit Infusinos in Racine at half time when I was home visiting and wasn't watching the game (it was one of those games where if you didn't have ESPN or something expensive you couldn't get it in on the Milwaukee channels)...anyway, I thought I'd never get a pizza - half the city was there!

No only does the state stand still, no one cooks!

Oh My... I've suddenly gotten flashbacks of my college years in Kenosha! :p

The University of Rambler?

We were trying to sell our house in WI the fall that the Packers won the superbowl. No one NO ONE missed any games that year.

I know! no one misses Packer games even when they are doing poorly! It's part of the culture. The Packers are the main thing we miss about WI (besides our kids/grandkids:p ). We get a few games here but miss a lot. Internet helps and DH is thinking of getting that radio thing...

Back to subject: I have no clue about blogging. (I know WHAT it is but no clue.)

Joelen said:
Oh My... I've suddenly gotten flashbacks of my college years in Kenosha! :p
Do you mean Kenowhere? (that's my sister's nickname for it - one of her college roommates was from there.)

No one outside of the immediate area can understand the Packer phenomenon. Of course, every NFL market thinks they have the best fans, and in each market, they do. But there is a certain mystique to Packer fandome that no other team has ever quite reached.Undertand that I have no intention of insulting any other NFL fan here, but I can tell you that Packer fans are all over the world. For a long time, in the pre-graphical Internet days, there was a sports reporter in Green Bay, Jeff Ash, who did a weekly Packer update newsletter. It was distributed via the Internet through e-mail. The distribution list was huge (in the thousands of e-mail addresses, and this was years before most people had a clue of what e-mail was) and subscribers were as far-flung as Australia and even in Moscow.There used to be a dedicated Green Bay Packer bar in Huntsville, Alabama, called, "Grumpy Kaz's." It's gone now. Originally from Hales Corners, I suppose Kaz has moved on to another market. There are Packer bars in almost every state.There is a website called The South End Zone that took over distribution of the newsletter, which has since been discontinued because of the overload of information available on now on the Internet. (The south end zone was were Bart Starr scored the winning touchdown in the infamous 1967 "Ice Bowl.") Almost anything you never wanted to know about the Packers is available on that site, including a database of Packer bars, photos of Packer license plates, historical records, schedules, stats, photos and a webmaster who even starred in a Shopko television spot.Recently, while in Toledo, I was "accosted" (in a friendly way, mind you) by a man who took issue with my name badge hanging on a Green Bay Packer lanyard. He had been a running back with Pittsburgh and Cleveland, so we exchanged some friendly jabs about his career and the NFL in general. He admitted that his wife was a Packer fan. "And you married her anyway?" I asked. He wrinkled up his face and said, "I just don't understand her, but I guess there's no logic in love."

Beth, blogging is so readilly available now that almost anyone can (and almost anyone does) set up a blog. The majority of them are frivolous but there are some very important ones out there.

BethCooks4U said:
We were trying to sell our house in WI the fall that the Packers won the superbowl. No one NO ONE missed any games that year.

I know! no one misses Packer games even when they are doing poorly! It's part of the culture. The Packers are the main thing we miss about WI (besides our kids/grandkids:p ). We get a few games here but miss a lot. Internet helps and DH is thinking of getting that radio thing...

Back to subject: I have no clue about blogging. (I know WHAT it is but no clue.)

Sounds a lot like Pittsburgh :) Good reason the Packers are my SECOND favorite team :)

chefann said:
Do you mean Kenowhere? (that's my sister's nickname for it - one of her college roommates was from there.)
You missed the hyphenation. Ke-no-where.

Home of Thomas Jeffrey's 1902 Rambler - the car that started it all in Kenosha, later sold to Nash, makers of the Nash Rambler (The Kenosha Kadillac) and Kelvinator refrigerators. Ramblers were popular in the Drive-In culture because the front seats folded flat, level with the back seat. :eek:

(Through mergers and such, American Motors aquired Jeep and when American Motors was absorbed by Chrysler, they blew off the entire line except for Jeep. Chrysler was, in turn, absorbed by Daimler-Benz, for reasons no one could ever quite understand. Chrysler is now for sale again, in case you have a few billion dollars laying around and you'd like to get into the automobile manufacturing business.)

yummybytes said:
Sounds a lot like Pittsburgh :) Good reason the Packers are my SECOND favorite team :)
There were a whole lotta years there where you had to be a dedicated sports fan to be a fan of anything in Pittsburgh. Joe Garagiolla said the Pirates were so bad, they didn't even get their pictures on bubble gum cards.

<h2>1. What is Google Reader?</h2><p>Google Reader is a free web-based application that allows you to organize and keep track of all your favorite blogs and websites in one place. It's a convenient way to stay updated on your favorite content without having to visit each individual website.</p><h2>2. How do I access Google Reader?</h2><p>You can access Google Reader by visiting its website or by downloading the Google Reader app on your mobile device. You can also access it through your Google account if you already have one.</p><h2>3. Can I read your blog on Google Reader?</h2><p>Yes, you can read my blog on Google Reader by adding the blog's URL to your Google Reader account. You can also search for my blog on Google Reader and add it from there.</p><h2>4. Is Google Reader still active?</h2><p>No, unfortunately Google Reader was shut down in 2013. However, there are other similar applications and websites that you can use to organize and read your favorite blogs and websites.</p><h2>5. Can I use Google Reader for any type of blog?</h2><p>Yes, you can use Google Reader for any type of blog as long as it has an RSS feed. Most blogging platforms automatically generate an RSS feed, so it's likely that your blog is compatible with Google Reader.</p>

Related to Have you checked out GoogleReader?

1. What is Google Reader?

Google Reader is a free web-based application that allows you to organize and keep track of all your favorite blogs and websites in one place. It's a convenient way to stay updated on your favorite content without having to visit each individual website.

2. How do I access Google Reader?

You can access Google Reader by visiting its website or by downloading the Google Reader app on your mobile device. You can also access it through your Google account if you already have one.

3. Can I read your blog on Google Reader?

Yes, you can read my blog on Google Reader by adding the blog's URL to your Google Reader account. You can also search for my blog on Google Reader and add it from there.

4. Is Google Reader still active?

No, unfortunately Google Reader was shut down in 2013. However, there are other similar applications and websites that you can use to organize and read your favorite blogs and websites.

5. Can I use Google Reader for any type of blog?

Yes, you can use Google Reader for any type of blog as long as it has an RSS feed. Most blogging platforms automatically generate an RSS feed, so it's likely that your blog is compatible with Google Reader.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCMelissa
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies