• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You All Received an Email From Persopay? It's Some Sort of

In summary, the email is a scam. Do not respond and reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content.
yeah I got it to, thought it was weird so I deleted it

I received the following email message from my director. At the end of this message she had copy/pasted the email we received this morning.

Hi Team Near & Far...I just received this from fellow director Darla Atchley......check it out....Jill
Darla writes....Attention All Consultants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you receive an email like this, please ignore it! It is NOT from or endorsed by the Pampered Chef and may be a scam. PC's legal department is checking it out. As Consultants, we DO NOT pay for use of our PC debit and we are not charged for any Credit Cards that our Customers use. We have the best deal going!!! Also note: if you accept Paypal (which I DO NOT recommend!!!!) you are charged a fee from Paypal. It's way easier just to take their checks or cards or cash and let PC do the rest! Thanks! Darla

OK, for those of you who wanted info on bouncing a message, here it is.
I looked in Outlook Express for Windows, and Mail and Entourage for Mac (OS X), and the only one that I could find a specific Bounce function in was Mail. Select the message, then go to the "Message" menu and select Bounce.That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in the other programs, just that I didn't want to spend 6 hours lost in Microsoft's confusing so-called "help" files to find it. :)So I guess that this is really no help at all. Sorry.

I was almost sadI was feeling rather left out...sniff sniff...I didn't get one. But lo and behold, I just went to check my yahoo e-mail address that I created specifically for this site (I've given it to absolutely no one else and have only gotten e-mail from fellow cheffers), and sure enough, there it was. Now I'm one of you:D !

Man, I was starting to get a complex!!

:D Diane:D

P.S. It'll be interesting to see how many other e-mails we'll get from other companies, because I'm sure Persopay is selling our addresses as we speak. Like others have mentioned, anyone can find your address, and it's great that Greg is doing everything he can to help us, but it's bound to get out...

I still don't have one! I want it just so I can delete it in a huff, LOL!

Do not click on the email it is a scam. Don't ever believe anything like that unless it comes from PC. It's a shame there are people out there that like to scam.....

Gillian,

If I hadn't aleady deleted it, I'd send it to you just so you could feel the satisfaction of hitting the delete key.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

gilliandanielle said:
I still don't have one! I want it just so I can delete it in a huff, LOL!

Oh Gillian, I've had a long, hard day...your post made me burst out laughing! Thanks! I,too, was feeling left out then realized I switched to a yahoo email address for this site only (couldn't get emails regarding my posts through AOL). Now I'm going to go to yahoo and see if I can delete MY spam post in a huff!! :D

pamperedlinda said:
How do you know if you have this? I use Outlook Express, do I have it? Sounds like a GREAT feature!

Under my Outlook, you go to the toolbar, you see "spamkiller". then mine has "send error (bounce), and i choose that to bounce. it makes it looks like they have reached an invalid e-mail address.

i have not gotten this email, yet, but i need to check on more account that i use for yahoo messenger that is posted on here and no where else. Just checked it and i did not get it.

Last edited:
persopay email
erinyourpclady said:
I got it too! Of course, I came here to see if anyone else had gotten it!
Strange............
of course y'all knew to delete it I tried to do it, but nothing happened, luckily my system seems to be working fine, also on one of my other users I'm getting really wierd email from dorks.? and can't get rid of it, i delete it, but wish I knew how to filter it, I use outlook.

I decided to snoop on here, and I finally found it.....
http://chefsuccess.com/member.php?u=9286
Greg has banned them, it says right under their name.

Thank You Greg

spams, spoofs, spambots and phishing
Shawnna said:
If you have an email address it can be found by anyone. We received new email addresses for work when we developed our own website. Withing 1 day we were getting spam from drug companies and stock companies. If you know your way around the internet you can find peoples email addresses. It doesn't matter how secure it is, it can be found if someone wants to work at it. I just treated this email like I do all the other spam I get, I clicked spam and it went away.
Bingo.

E-mail addresses are collected by an automated device known as a "spambot." It is a program that scans websites looking specifically for e-mail addresses. When it finds one, it harvests the address and VOILA! you're on a spam list. What Greg has done to our e-maill addies here is disguise them so spambots do not see your addie as an addie.

Once you're on a list, it matters not what you do. Your e-mail address, like snail-mail addies, are sold and distributed between spammers. You can block a sender's address, but the spammers are so good at disguising their source addresses that banning an address means little. Most spam, incidentally, comes from off-shore.

Another most annoying feature of spammers is called "spoofing" of an address. You will get spam that appears to be from your own address! I get e-mail from myself a couple of times a week, promoting stocks, Nigerian oil well opportunities, not to mention, miracle pills and creams that will make me into a freak of nature.

Since I have my own domain (jrmanning dot com) I get far more spam, spoof and phishing e-mails than most of you can imagine. I get between 20 and 50 phisihing expeditions daily that appear to be from PayPal, various banks and credit unions.

Like the junk snail-mail you get daily, once you're on a list, there's not a lot that can be done about it.

Did anyone else receive a private message from PersoPay's Legal Dept? I'll be deleting ALL my posts that could be considered offensive to the PersoPay Legal Department. I DON"T want to be sued which is what I was threatened with. So I'd suggest each of you do the same.

Last edited:
Hey why didn't I get a spam message from Persopay ;)
Tonia

toniascookin said:
Tonia

Do you have a Anti spam program on your email? If so that maybe why. It may of went into the junkmail box instead of you inbox. Just a theory. If not I don't know.

toniascookin said:
Tonia

Neither did I -- I feel left out :(

DZmom said:
Did anyone else receive a private message from PersoPay's Legal Dept? I'll be deleting ALL my posts that could be considered offensive to the PersoPay Legal Department. I DON"T want to be sued which is what I was threatened with. So I'd suggest each of you do the same.

I wouldn't worry about it. If they were that successful a company that they could 'take legal action' against everyone who didn't like them or said something negative about them, they sure wouldn't be snooping around here to try and get some business. Besides that, they are from another country. If they even had the slightest idea of who and what Pampered Chef is they would NEVER have bothered wasting their time and efforts with us. Just ignore them.

dannyzmom said:
Neither did I -- I feel left out :(

Well, with all of their spies....you'll probably get one now! :p

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies