• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You All Received an Email From Persopay? It's Some Sort of

In summary, the email is a scam. Do not respond and reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content.
DZmom
Have you all received an email from PersoPay? It's some sort of payment website so Direct Sellers can accept credit card payments.

It looks VERY hokey to me. I'm not sure who they are but if I were you all, I'd just delete the message. We don't need help accepting CC! PC does that for us.

Did you notice that they are out new members?:eek:

I was thinking the same thing

I won't do anything under I hear drom PC

I googled it and nothing came up. So, what kind of website can it be????

I would venture it's probably a scam. Luckily we don't need to worry about such things with PC handling all of that! :) Good idea to just delete... see? Us PC consultants are soooo smart! :)

I also received it. They must be getting our email addresses from this site.

Here's a copy of the email I received.

Dear Pampered Chef Consultants,

A new payment tool, PersoPay.com, is now available to all consultants !

Specifically designed for you or your consultants, it will allow all your clients and distributors to order easily, safely, and quickly your key products (such as the Super Starter kit), simply by credit card !

This tool is of course usable on the web (it also gives you an online personalized presence), but you can also use it from home to accept payments made by credit cards.

Here is a sample PersoPay page:
http://www.persopay.com/users_e/kit1pc/

For information, write to [email protected], or visit:
http://www.persopay.com/index_e.htm

Wishing you all success in your activity,
With our kind regards.
The PersoPay.com team

ps: This is not spam, please forgive us in case of duplicate messages.

--
PERSOPAY Support Department
(C) 2006 - persopay.com

Hmmmm... I went to www.persopay.com and it's in French.....

Well, we don't need anything like that! Hmmmm...

The rule of thumb is unless you hear it from the direct source don't buy into it! I learned the hard way and had to get a new computer (a long time ago):(
I received the email too and deleted it immediately!

I just received it,too. I went to Pampered Chef's Tool bar and typed in persopay and NOTHING came up. This sounds way fishy to me.

I did not receive it but if I do, I'm going to be mad.:mad: I'm so tired of people getting my email from this site and sending me hokey emails. I know that its a public bard and all but when you get to the main page here it says "A community for PAMPERED CHEF CONSULTANTS".:eek:

Okay, I lied, the email was in my junk mailbox. UGH!:rolleyes:

I received it too. Very odd.

They got our emails from this site?:mad: That frustrates me Greg!
I knew the email was fishy when they referred to us as "distributors". PC does not call us that. Greg if you're reading this....I do not want my email given out to people!

I got this too and thought there was something wrong. PC would email us first if there was something new to use.

When I recieved it I went to their website and it is in French. I just deleted it, I'm with the others...if it comes direct from PC then I'll check into it.

I got it too! Of course, I came here to see if anyone else had gotten it!
Strange............

I got it too....and I'm in Canada. Someone mentioned they are all of a sudden a new member to this board. That REALLY pisses me off! I also sent it to the Canadian HO about an hour ago. :mad:

I like the "ps this is not spam" LOL. I got it too.

Well I guess I can be included into this boat. I got it this morning too. It has to be a scam...

I called HO and they had me send the e-mail I got from PersoPay to there supervisior. They said that they haven't received any information about this company. So I sent it to them and now I am waiting on any information if they send my any to me.

One other thing, do they realize that they signed up of here on Friday the 13th. Do they think we are stupid? Do they think that we wouldn't check them out first?

Ok, I know it was 3 things, I can count but my fingers just keep typing.

Last edited:
I got it and once I saw the subject I deleted it.

I opened it and saw it was in French and just thought it was odd. Sorta like when I got an e-mail from Coca-cola last month saying i had won a million dollars or yesterday when i got one that said someone had died and the banker in africa decided i was going to get some money. He said you get 30%, I get 60%(since i'm the banker) and 10% is left for fees(if there is any)

I laughed my butt off, do they think we are all stupid.

I went to the super starter kit order thingy and it showed that it was 130 euros. Not sure how that changes over to how money, but I definitely thinks this is a scam. Just to odd.

BTW, I logged on over here asap to see if anyone else had received this e-mail...lol

Glad to see that I am not the only one who received this and was surprised why PC didn't tell us anything about this. I did not click on the links and ran here to see what others had to say. I guess from reading this board PC wouldn't have a need for us to have this since they handle our credit card orders from our customers.

We do however need to find out how is giving out our e-mail addresses and put a stop to this. Some newbie might not realize this is a form of spam and get involved in this scam.
If it is from this sight I think we may want to tell Greg he needs better security for us. I know to join other message boards you have to give your consultant number and some even ask you questions that only a consultant would have to access to the answers through the Recipe for Success.

My only concern is if this has a virus that will send it out to my customers. I did not go to the link but I know my husband has said viruses can be spread by opening an email, and I doesn't have to be an attachment anymore. I can't get in touch with him. Is anyone computer savvy?

britishchef said:
I like the "ps this is not spam" LOL. I got it too.
Right! "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

I just received this email and immediately deleted it.

Okay they have to be getting the emails from this group. Because the reason I say this is out of all my groups this group is the only one that uses my gmail account with and I didn't receive the email in any of my other email accounts. And I just checked with my upline and she is not a memeber of this board and she didn't receive the email.

I also received it, and also deleted it...

lacychef said:
They got our emails from this site?:mad: That frustrates me Greg!
I knew the email was fishy when they referred to us as "distributors". PC does not call us that. Greg if you're reading this....I do not want my email given out to people!

Please do not make misinformed accusations.

pamperedharriet said:
If it is from this sight I think we may want to tell Greg he needs better security for us. I know to join other message boards you have to give your consultant number and some even ask you questions that only a consultant would have to access to the answers through the Recipe for Success.

Your email addresses on chefsuccess are safe. Protected in our secure database.
The only way a spammer could get your email is if you add it to your signature.

Note: your email addresses are not protected on your personal PC website. Example:
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/joannedesrosiers?page=contact-me

Last edited:
Sorry Greg, I wasn't meaning to put the blame on you. Someone else suggested that we got this because people got our emails from this site, and that upset me. It was early this morning! I don't know how I got the email, my email address is not in my signature here....it is in my regular email sig, but I'm still not sure how these people got my name.
I did copy the email & sent to HO...

Admin Greg said:
Please do not make misinformed accusations.

Your email addresses on chefsuccess are safe. Protected in our secure database.
The only way a spammer could get your email is if you add it to your signature.

Note: your email addresses are not protected on your personal PC website. Example:
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/joannedesrosiers?page=contact-me

Greg,

My email address is not in my signature for this site. My email is in the Consultant Directory. It seems to me that someone that signs up for our site could then go there to get our email info. Right?

I am glad that you alerted PC about this Teeresa! Way to protect us all!!

They can get our email in so many ways. If you have email someone can find that address. I know that it cannot be throught the PC site because it came to my alternate email which PC does not have.

We all need to be careful and do as I and several others on here said they did - if the sender or subject is fishy - DELETE!

They had to have gotten the email addresses from this site. I do not use my email in my signature--don't have a signature. Plus, the email from my website is my Pampered Chef email & the one I have on here is my personal email. No one with PC has my personal email address except this site--in the directory.

I got this e-mail today too. It is not just this website though. Other pampered chef sites have had problems with people getting their e-mail addresses as well. I treat it like any other spam mail that leaks in and just forget it. Its not that big of a deal.

I'm not too concerned--I get spam all the time that I just delete. I was just saying that it would have had to be from here for me because this is the only PC related site that has my personal address instead of my PC one. Whoever sent it doesn't know much about PC b/c we don't have to do the credit cards from our customers ourselves--PC does it! We wouldn't need that product (if it really is one) anyway!

PCJen said:
My email address is not in my signature for this site. My email is in the Consultant Directory. It seems to me that someone that signs up for our site could then go there to get our email info. Right?

In theory you are right, however its not practical to collect in mass because of the renaming and pagination. However, to make sure I have completely disguised the addresses now. Can someone PM me the email address that sent the spam?

Last edited:
I will say that I've received A LOT more spam since joining this site (at least 5 or 6 every day). I can't be sure that the spammers got my address from here, but it's ironic that it happened shortly after joining this site. Hopefully now that Greg has disguised our addresses this will taper off. Deleting all that garbage every day can be quite annoying.

Thanks Greg!

Thank You Greg!!!

If you have an email address it can be found by anyone. We received new email addresses for work when we developed our own website. Withing 1 day we were getting spam from drug companies and stock companies. If you know your way around the internet you can find peoples email addresses. It doesn't matter how secure it is, it can be found if someone wants to work at it. I just treated this email like I do all the other spam I get, I clicked spam and it went away.

Admin Greg said:
Can someone PM me the email address that sent the spam?

Done. Hope that helps! :)

supergirljennie said:
Done. Hope that helps! :)

Maybe all of us Cheffers should ban together and spam PersoPay! lol:p

That's a great idea! LOL

You're not supposed to reply to spam messages because then the spammers know they have a valid email address that they can then continue to spam or sell to others. :(

But if your email program has a "bounce" function, you can use that to send it back to them. It returns the message as if it went to a bad address.

Hm, didn't know that.

Plus, this isn't just regular old spam... It's phishing.

chefann said:
But if your email program has a "bounce" function, you can use that to send it back to them. It returns the message as if it went to a bad address.

How do you know if you have this? I use Outlook Express, do I have it? Sounds like a GREAT feature!

After reading on here early this morning, I BLOCKED there e-mail address from my inbox

I have Outlook Express

Look under Message

Click on Block Sender

Linda,

I can check Outlook Express when I get home from work today. It's not my primary email program, so I don't recall if/where that function is.

I know that the function exists in "Mail," the default email program that comes with Mac OS X and iLife.

Yep, I got it also. I figured that if it had been legit we would have heard from HO directly.

HA HA that's great, that the smilie is bowing to the group hug, lololol.

WEIRD I do not they are not getting it from here!!!
I received it too, HOWEVER, it is to an email account that I have set up for sign ups at craft fairs etc and PC has never had the info for that website (& neither does anyone here on chefsuccess)
Teresa

I think it's odd that we haven't heard anyting from HO about this....not even to tell us to disregard the email from PersoPay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kdangel518