• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finalizing Order Payments: Important Information from PC News Wire

reason being that I still believe when one card is decline you can give them another is, b/c the way I am reading it if the card if decline we will have to give them the ENTIRE number for them to run it again, so, I see know reason why we cannot give them a different number.
pampchefrhondab
From PC News Wire

Once an order is transmitted and payments have been received, all payments on the order become final. The Pampered Chef® will no longer be able to switch payments from one type to another. Please ensure you have collected and entered the proper payment information before transmitting the order.

So if we have a declined credit card and it still won't go through when we call HO, will we just have to cancel the order?

I think this is referring to people who try to call after the order is submitted and change the payment, not regarding declined cards. That wouldn't make much sense!

that's a great question. Maybe we'll need to call HO and find out...

Yes, I agree Angela, it does need clarification.

Sometimes guests have credit cards that don't go through and they have to change cards. It sounds like that won't be happening anymore. Bummer!

I believe it's more for those who want to change their type of payment. Sometimes a consultant will submit a show before the guest(s) payment is collected, and the customer will call after the submission and say she wanted to pay with a credit card. In the past, if the show didn't get to a certain processing point, you could have HO switch the payment type.

I interpreted it like Diane

I just had a show where two of the guests has declined cards... and it allows you to use a different card on the resolving page... so I am thinking it is like Diane and Teresa are interpreting it ...

That's how I interpreted it, too. I submitted a show 2 weeks ago and was expecting a check from one of the guests (a past host, who I trust - and it was only for $20 anyway). She called and left me a message to get my address. We kept missing each other when we called. Well, while I was at conference, she left a message that she wanted to use a credit card. I was able to call HO and have them charge the card and refund my debit card, even though the show had already shipped. We won't be able to do this type of thing any more.

chefann said:
I submitted a show 2 weeks ago and was expecting a check from one of the guests (a past host, who I trust - and it was only for $20 anyway). She called and left me a message to get my address. We kept missing each other when we called. Well, while I was at conference, she left a message that she wanted to use a credit card. I was able to call HO and have them charge the card and refund my debit card, even though the show had already shipped. We won't be able to do this type of thing any more.

REally? I had NO idea we could d:rolleyes:o that. I wish I would've know 3 weeks ago!

dianevill said:
I believe it's more for those who want to change their type of payment. Sometimes a consultant will submit a show before the guest(s) payment is collected, and the customer will call after the submission and say she wanted to pay with a credit card. In the past, if the show didn't get to a certain processing point, you could have HO switch the payment type.

I think this is what it is too. The reason being that I still believe when one card is decline you can give them another is, b/c the way I am reading it if the card if decline we will have to give them the ENTIRE number for them to run it again, so, I see know reason why we cannot give them a different number.

I know this is for security but I do NOT agree with them needing the entire number again. Those of us that take our laptops to shows do NOT ever have the entire number if we are entering orders directly into P3 and not using an order form. This is one reason I love my laptop is my customers just stand by me and tell me their order and method of payment, they do not have to fill out an order for if they do not want to. Well, now if they are using a credit/debit card they will have to, so, I will have a record of their entire number in case a problem comes up I do not have to chase them down to get it again from them!

I try never to take a guest's whole CC# on paper, so that if they have a fraud issue later they won't wonder if I had something to do with it (intentionally or not). I point out that, once I put it in my computer, it's masked.

The one is exception to this is if their card is declined. Then I call them and explain (I usually say "perhaps I typed it in wrong" so they don't feel embarassed.) Then I ask if they want to give me the whole # again or a different one "just in case there's a mixup with their CC company". That way they're aware there might be a problem -- sometimes it seems like a legitimate surprise to them! Since in this case I have to write it down to then relay it to HO, I always shred the paper once I get the confirmation.

lauraP2000 said:
I try never to take a guest's whole CC# on paper, so that if they have a fraud issue later they won't wonder if I had something to do with it (intentionally or not). I point out that, once I put it in my computer, it's masked.

The one is exception to this is if their card is declined. Then I call them and explain (I usually say "perhaps I typed it in wrong" so they don't feel embarassed.) Then I ask if they want to give me the whole # again or a different one "just in case there's a mixup with their CC company". That way they're aware there might be a problem -- sometimes it seems like a legitimate surprise to them! Since in this case I have to write it down to then relay it to HO, I always shred the paper once I get the confirmation.

I used to never write down the customer #, but since it's now masked, I write down the CC# only on my copy of the receipt and let the customer know I shred! I also let them know it is masked on my program. But - sometimes, the problem can be taken care of without calling the customer if I do it this way.

An Important Message From the Solution Center ...
Due to changes in the standards for processing credit card payments, effective August 1, the following changes will take place:

• Once an order is transmitted and payments have been received, all payments on the order become final. The Pampered Chef® will no longer be able to switch payments from one type to another. Please ensure you have collected and entered the proper payment information before transmitting the order.

• All credit card numbers will be masked and the complete number will no longer be accessible in our systems, just as it is no longer displayed on your Pampered Partner® reports. Therefore, it will be necessary for our representatives to request the complete card number each time a refund or payment is needed. This is done for the protection of you and your customers

I just spoke to HO about a declined card...so while I had them on the phone, I asked about this. What they said was that we will not be able to change payments from OUR debit or credit cards to a customers credit card. The amount on OUR card is final. If a customer's card is declined, they can use a different card.

Does that make sense??

yes it makes sense. it means that we can't pay for a customer then call them with a credit card #.

I do what Becky does and shred...I asked about this CC issue last year in my tech clinic. There is something called PCI compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security) that all major companies have to adhere to in order for the major credit card companies to deal with them. If you don't become compliant the companies will stop dealing with you or fine you. This is to protect your customers. As of last year the techs didn't know much about PCI compliance although I was in the process of implementing it at work.CC information in its complete form has to be encrypted and behind certain levels of security. It can't be out in the open. That is why the change to P3. In dealing with my customers I put it in P3 directly. If it is on their form, I remind them that after the show is submitted, I will shred that receipt for them. It make them feel more secure.I would not want my CC# floating on a piece of paper at my hosts house for anyone to get. Since emphasizing how I handle credit cards and them seeing the encryption, I have a lot more people using credit cards which is easier for me in the long run!Your customers understand if something went wrong and you need to call - it happens all the time - don't be so afraid of that phone for whatever reason. You're ASSUMING they don't want to hear from you. If my CC declined, I'd want to know about it so I can check into it immediately.If anyone wants to know more on PCI compliance, yell, but I'd rather have my stuff protected!

jrstephens said:
I think this is what it is too. The reason being that I still believe when one card is decline you can give them another is, b/c the way I am reading it if the card if decline we will have to give them the ENTIRE number for them to run it again, so, I see know reason why we cannot give them a different number.

I know this is for security but I do NOT agree with them needing the entire number again. Those of us that take our laptops to shows do NOT ever have the entire number if we are entering orders directly into P3 and not using an order form. This is one reason I love my laptop is my customers just stand by me and tell me their order and method of payment, they do not have to fill out an order for if they do not want to. Well, now if they are using a credit/debit card they will have to, so, I will have a record of their entire number in case a problem comes up I do not have to chase them down to get it again from them!

I wouldn't do this, it puts you in a situation with their information...if their CC information got stolen the next day, they'd question you. I'd rather put it in directly and make that extra call and not have the stuff around. The "security" they feel will make you a more trustworthy appearing consultant.

1. What payment methods are accepted by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept PayPal, personal checks, and money orders. Please note that checks and money orders must be made out to Pampered Chef and mailed to our headquarters.

2. Can I use multiple forms of payment for one order?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept multiple forms of payment for one order. Please choose your preferred payment method at checkout.

3. Is it safe to enter my credit card information on your website?

Yes, we take the security of our customers' information very seriously. Our website uses SSL encryption to ensure that your personal and payment information is protected. We also do not store your credit card information after your order is processed.

4. When will my credit card be charged for my order?

Your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase, regardless of when your order is shipped. If an item is out of stock, you will not be charged for that item until it is shipped.

5. Can I cancel or change my payment method after finalizing my order?

Unfortunately, we are unable to make changes to payment methods once an order has been placed. If you need to cancel your order, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kam