• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Doctor's Appointment This Afternoon.

In summary, Erica has had shortness of breath and been really tired, and her doctor's appointment is to check whether her dad has any heart problems. Erica is also anemic, and her doctor prescribed iron to her. Erica has been having headaches for a long time, and her doctor thinks it might be related to the car accident she was in 25 years ago.
jrstephens
Hey everyone. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and would love yall's prayers.

I have had shortness of breath and been really tired here lately. My dad has heart problems and it really runs in our family. So, I am going on to his doctor this afternoon to get checked out and make sure all is ok.

Please pray all is well or at least nothing major.

I will probably not know anything this afternoon. I am sure they will make me come back the next appointment for test or something and this will just be a question and answer thing.

Thanks in advance for your prayers.

from me too!

your there! I hope everything turns out ok. My mom had the same problem about a year ago and it turns out she had asthma. I hope it turns out to be something not serious!

I will be thinking of you Jennifer- please update us when you can!

You are covered in prayers. Keep us posted.

Take care Jennifer and let us know how you made out at the doctor's.

Praying for you too - I hope it has an "easy answer" and not something medically serious. Take care!

Jennifer,
You are in my prayers. I hope it's not serious.

Thanks everyone! I am leaving in a few minutes to go. They moved called and moved my appointment up.

I have church tonight when I get home. If I do not get to update tongiht, I will first in the morning.

Thanks again!

good luck Jennifer I hope it is nothing serious.

Praying for you as well, Jennifer! I will tell you my story though since you shared your's. About a month ago, I was shopping and became short of breath, had chest pains and a HUGE headache (that I had had for about a week). I wasn't sweating though. I took my blood pressure at the store and it was only a little up...not much. So I made an appointment because it had stopped then when I got home and was venturing up the stairs, it started again. My dad has had heart problems in the past so I got scared. I saw the doctor and by then, no chest pains...just the bad headache. She prescribed a stress test and an EKG. The EKG was normal and the results from the stress test were good (just told me to call if I had any more chest pains). So I scheduled a physical (I hadn't had one in years! Figured it was time!) I was put on sleeping pills and two different things for headaches. They did blood work and checked cholesterol, for diabetes, and my thyroid. They called last Tuesday and told me that I was soooo anemic that if it was any lower, I'd be in the hospital. So they called in a prescription for iron and I take it twice a day now. I seem to have more energy but guess what? The headache from h--- is back! I took some IB PRofen 800 mg prescription and it is still here! I don't know! But I am not as lethargic as I was before taking iron. Something is working right! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!

You're in my prayers, Jennifer.

You, too, Erica.

My blood pressure and heart rate were fine. The EKG was fine. To make sure nothing is wrong the doctor wants me to have a stress test and blood work done. I do that Tuesday morning. The Dr. said he just wanted to be safe with all of my family history of heart problems.

ERICA: I am so glad you did not have heart problems. And that you are feeling better. I was anemic when I was pregnant a few years ago and have been some before them. I guess the bloodwork they do Tuesday will show that.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. And keep them up! I will updated yall after Tuesday.

Thinking good thoughts in your general direction. :D

Will keep you in my prayers. Glad to hear that the tests you had done today turned out good. There is some heart problems on both sides of my parents family so I am always worring about my parents. Everyone tells me that I worry too much but I figure someone has too.

med hx'sI've had low blood pressure all my life and when I went on birth control pills it finally normalized. 25 yrs ago I was in a horrible car accident, no one would know unless I told them and ever since then get the worst headaches. Most often I wish I were'n't here!!! Won't OD but it hurts awfully bad, first it was Sinus then it goes from Sinus to Migraines, Tension, etc.

I"m tried Imitrex, Maxalt, Tylenol, Sudafed's, Now I"m on Veramipil since my last 2 major headaches made my blood pressure sky rocket the above medicine works on preventing migraines, topramax made me too sick, but I have to becareful as Veramapil is also for HTN and could make my BP go way too low.

I'm dogsitting my mom's poodle / NOelle while she attends Memorial Svcs for her brother. Died of Heart Attack this past Sat while having emergency surgery for internal bleeding.

Good Luck to all and hope Jen is ok too.

LIz

gratergirl said:
Praying for you as well, Jennifer! I will tell you my story though since you shared your's. About a month ago, I was shopping and became short of breath, had chest pains and a HUGE headache (that I had had for about a week). I wasn't sweating though. I took my blood pressure at the store and it was only a little up...not much. So I made an appointment because it had stopped then when I got home and was venturing up the stairs, it started again. My dad has had heart problems in the past so I got scared. I saw the doctor and by then, no chest pains...just the bad headache. She prescribed a stress test and an EKG. The EKG was normal and the results from the stress test were good (just told me to call if I had any more chest pains). So I scheduled a physical (I hadn't had one in years! Figured it was time!) I was put on sleeping pills and two different things for headaches. They did blood work and checked cholesterol, for diabetes, and my thyroid. They called last Tuesday and told me that I was soooo anemic that if it was any lower, I'd be in the hospital. So they called in a prescription for iron and I take it twice a day now. I seem to have more energy but guess what? The headache from h--- is back! I took some IB PRofen 800 mg prescription and it is still here! I don't know! But I am not as lethargic as I was before taking iron. Something is working right! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you!

I will be thinking of you Jennifer. I hope everything turns out just fine.

Jennifer I will be thinking of you.... I hope everything turns out fine for you and it's nothing serious.....sending lots of hugs and prayers down south to ya!!!

Leah

Last edited:
UpdateHey everyone! I had my stress test and cholesterol check this morning. Everything was FINE! YAHOO!! Thank you all for your prayers!

They said I had a VERY fit b/c I got so tired I about fell of the treadmill and my heart rate had none gone to the maximum rate yet. The average time on it is 9 minutes to reach the rate and I was on it almost 12 minutes. I do not think I have ever ran that fast for that long before!! And do not want to again!!! :D I still need a nap from it !:D

Thanks again for your prayers.

If I have any more breathing or tiredness problems I will go to my family practitioner and have my iron checked.

Thanks for the update Jennifer. Take care of yourself.

Glad for the good report. Take good care of yourself.

Glad to hear everything is okay! My DH just had to do that treadmill test and it wore him out. He plays basketball and is really athletic and he still was beat after it!!

Related to Have Doctor's Appointment This Afternoon.

1. Can I reschedule my doctor's appointment if I have a Pampered Chef party scheduled for the same time?

Yes, you can reschedule your doctor's appointment if you have a Pampered Chef party scheduled for the same time. We understand that things come up and we are happy to accommodate any changes to your schedule.

2. Will I still be able to attend the party if my doctor's appointment runs late?

Yes, you can still attend the party if your doctor's appointment runs late. We will make sure to save your spot and you can join in whenever you are able to make it.

3. Can I bring a friend to the Pampered Chef party if I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon?

Yes, you are more than welcome to bring a friend to the Pampered Chef party even if you have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Just let us know in advance so we can make accommodations for an extra guest.

4. Is it okay if I leave the Pampered Chef party early to make it to my doctor's appointment?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to leave the Pampered Chef party early to make it to your doctor's appointment. Your health and well-being are our top priority.

5. Will there be any snacks or refreshments at the Pampered Chef party in case I can't eat before my doctor's appointment?

Yes, there will be snacks and refreshments at the Pampered Chef party in case you can't eat before your doctor's appointment. We want to make sure you are taken care of and can still enjoy the party, even if you have a busy schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
doughmama
Replies
Views
raebates