• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hate to Bug You Guys Again - Another Prayer Request!

In summary, Lisa had a car accident and had a seizure. Her 6 year old daughter was in the car and was taken to the hospital. Lisa is currently awaiting surgery on her ankle. Her baby is doing fine.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Sorry to impose again...

I just got a call about 1/2 hour ago. My SIL Lisa had a seizure while taking her 6 year old to school this a.m., hit a telephone pole and totalled the car. Someone heard the crash and took Isabella and her out of the car. She was taken the hospital in an ambulance and had 2 more seizures on the way. She is currently awaiting surgery on her ankle. There are no other known issues. They have her restained and heavily sedated because she is due in about 2 1/2 weeks. The baby (just heard its a boy!) is doing fine...they are not taking him early at this point.

****UPDATE: SHE IS ACTUALLY DUE THE 1ST WEEK OF JUNE - MY MOTHER-IN-LAW CONFUSED THE "WE WANT HER TO GO 2 1/2 MORE WEEKS" WITH HER DUE DATE.**** Sorry...

Grandma (my husbands mom) left work and has the 2 girls (one wasn't in the car) and her husband is at the hospital with her.

Pray that a room opens up soon for surgery and it goes well on her ankle without too much effect on her or the baby.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Wow Janet! Is she prone to seizures or was this something totally out of the blue?
I will certainly be praying for her, her family, and that new little guy about to be born!

Janet~

Asking for prayer is NEVER imposing!! God hears our prayers and answers each one of them.

I will keep your SIL and her little ones in my prayers...keep us posted on how they are doing!

She had epilepsy as a child, was weaned off her seizure meds by age 20...she had 1 seizure about 3 years ago right after her 2nd daughter was born (that was at age 33) and was back off of them and seizure-free for almost 2 1/2 years now..

Added to my prayer list.

That's what I wondered.....pregnancy can do a number on your body! I had a friend who had been seizure free since her teen yrs, but pregnancy made them start up again. Thankfully, after she had the baby, she hasn't had any more. (She has to call her DH several times a day though to check in....just in case! - their little one is 20 months old)

We will prayIt's never imposing on us to ask for prayer. I was hoping we would get our own prayer thread started up by now. It's very important to pray for one another's burdens, trials and tragedies. IT is an honor to pray to our Almighty God to ask for things that will help others. He may not always answer the way we would want but he always knows what we need and what is best for us.

Debbie :D

Janet,

Never hesitate to ask for prayer! I have said a prayer and will continue to do so. Keep us posted.

My goodness, scary. I'll keep her in my prayers. May she have a speedy and complete recovery.

I will keep her in my prayers.

Just talked to my MIL - Lisa is out of surgery, they didn't have to pin it but she has a fracture on the inside of her right ankle and on the outside she has torn ligaments that had to be repaired. She is just coming out of things so it will be a shock to her that she's had 3 seizures, a car accident and surgery.

They were going to put her in ICU, but have decided on OBGYN and will keep her for 36 hours to monitor both her and the baby. Baby is still doing o.k.

Izzy is crying off and on throughout the day per my MIL, but I said that is normal for a 6 year old that saw her mother have a seizure, was in a car accident and hasn't seen her mom yet today. They will probably keep her out of school tomorrow too.

...and thanks on behalf of my sister and brother-in-law for all the prayers...

I'm just so happy it's a boy coming...the girls get a brother - yeah! (Had to have something positive today!)

They're in my prayers, too!

I'll be keeping all of them in my prayers.
Diane VS

Talked to my MIL again...they still have Lisa heavily sedated...found out tonight (doctors didn't mention at first) that she was having contractions throughout the day and there was some bleeding. She is still doing o.k., baby o.k. and they are keeping the labor stopped...contractions have slowed back down and are stopping. They are monitoring her to make sure no infections set in at the site of the fracture. Her other ankle is pretty heavily bruised. When she starts to wake up, she thrashes a bit (wouldn't you toss too if you've missed an entire day and the last you knew you were driving your daughter to school????) She won't be coherant enough until tomorrow sometime for anyone to tell her what happened and where she is. So pray that she'll get rest tonight and start healing!

Oh wow - how terrifying for everyone involved!! I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh, and you're never imposing by asking for prayers :)
Hugs to you!

She is doing better this a.m. - starting to come to and recognize people. They are going to run an EKG and also check her other ankle due to the swelling...they want to make sure they didn't miss a break.

She is worried already about getting to work! Car is totaled...

Baby is still doing o.k., they are continuing to monitor and hope to get her out of ICU today and to a regular room later.

janetupnorth said:
She is doing better this a.m. - starting to come to and recognize people. They are going to run an EKG and also check her other ankle due to the swelling...they want to make sure they didn't miss a break.

She is worried already about getting to work! Car is totaled...

Baby is still doing o.k., they are continuing to monitor and hope to get her out of ICU today and to a regular room later.

Thanks for the update. May she continue to have a speedy recovery.

My husband just let me know that Lisa has to go back into surgery soon - her other ankle is broken...

Surgery will be this afternoon or tonight depending on when they can get her scheduled...baby will be monitored for another 24 hours after that.

Last edited:
Why aren't they taking the baby? Since the baby is full term I would think that it would be better to get the baby out to better treat her since pregnancy limits so many medications and procedures...

Once she is "recovered" are they going to induce her before she goes home or send her home and wait for her to labor on her own??

gilliandanielle said:
Why aren't they taking the baby? Since the baby is full term I would think that it would be better to get the baby out to better treat her since pregnancy limits so many medications and procedures...

Once she is "recovered" are they going to induce her before she goes home or send her home and wait for her to labor on her own??

Because she actually isn't full-term - my MIL kept saying "she's due in 2 1/2 weeks" and I finally last night said, "I thought she was due the first week of June, that's at least what I've heard all along". Here, my MIL has the 'they want her to make it 2 1/2 more weeks with the baby' confused with her actual due date. (Which got us all confused until we thought about it...) She is actually 6-7 weeks out right now.

Ahhhh! I got it now! I am thinking she is 37.5 weeks and they are making her go through all this while ready to deliver. It makes a lot more sense to wait if she isn't full-term...

I will continue to pray for all involved and the doctors as they care for her and baby.

Oh my goodness.... I am so sorry to hear... Added to my prayer list...... and no your not bugging!

1. What is the purpose of "Hate to Bug You Guys Again - Another Prayer Request!"?

The purpose of "Hate to Bug You Guys Again - Another Prayer Request!" is to ask for prayers and support from the Pampered Chef community for a specific person or situation.

2. Who can submit a prayer request?

Anyone who is a member of the Pampered Chef community can submit a prayer request. This includes consultants, customers, and employees.

3. How do I submit a prayer request?

To submit a prayer request, you can either post it on the Pampered Chef community forum or reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance in sharing your request with the community.

4. Can I submit multiple prayer requests?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests. The Pampered Chef community is always ready to support and pray for those in need.

5. Are there any guidelines for submitting a prayer request?

We ask that all prayer requests follow our community guidelines, which includes being respectful and considerate towards others. Additionally, please refrain from sharing personal information and instead focus on the specific prayer request at hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • janetupnorth