• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Used the Buffalo Rub for Hot Wings?

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings that uses the Pampered Chef ® Smoky Barbecue Rub. The recipe involves cooking the wings in the oven and then tossing them in a sauce made with hot sauce and the rub. The dish is typically served with celery sticks and a dip made with mayonnaise, sour cream, and blue cheese. The recipe is easy and perfect for game-day parties or tailgating.
ChefChris
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone has used our Buffalo Rub for Hot Wings? Could you share your recipe. Thanks:chef:

I make this one alot when we have game-day parties or tailgating. It is from a Season's Best - SS'09 or F/W '08. Only difference is I typically just cook my wings in the oven (broil on low) and I skip the skillet step (less mess). Then when they are done, I put them in a bowl with the sauce. Delicious and hot! You can kick it up more by the type of hot-sauce you choose.The Pampered Chef ®
Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings
Recipe
Wings
24 chicken wing drumettes (2 1/2-3 lb)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce or Louisiana-style hot sauce
2 tbsp Smoky Barbecue Rub Celery & Dip
4 large stalks celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup (1 oz) crumbled blue cheese For wings, trim excess fat and skin using Boning Knife. Place wings into Deep Covered Baker; season with salt. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn wings over using Sauté Tongs. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F when inserted into meatiest part of wings alongside bones and meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, for celery and dip, cut celery stalks in half crosswise, then lengthwise using (5-in.) Santoku Knife. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended using Stainless Whisk. Gently stir in blue cheese; set aside. Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Drain wings in large Colander. Add oil to (12-in.) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place wings in Skillet; cover with Splatter Screen. Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently. Combine hot sauce and rub in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl; add wings and toss to coat using Master Scraper. Transfer wings to serving platter. Serve immediately with celery sticks and dip.Yield: 8 servingsNutrients per serving: (3 wings, 2 celery sticks and about 2 tbsp dip): Calories 300, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 670 mg, Fiber 1 g© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Yes, I have used our Buffalo Rub for hot wings and they turned out delicious! Here is my recipe:Ingredients:- 2 lbs chicken wings- 2 tbsp olive oil- 1 tbsp Buffalo Rub- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)- 2 tbsp butter- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping (optional)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).2. In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with olive oil and Buffalo Rub until evenly coated.3. Place the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.4. While the wings are baking, make the buffalo sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, stir in the hot sauce and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.5. Once the wings are cooked and crispy, remove them from the oven and place them in a clean bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly.6. Serve the wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping, if desired. Enjoy your delicious homemade buffalo wings!

1. Can the Buffalo Rub be used for other dishes besides hot wings?

Yes, the Buffalo Rub can be used on a variety of dishes such as chicken tenders, burgers, and even roasted vegetables for a spicy kick.

2. Is the Buffalo Rub too spicy?

The Buffalo Rub has a medium level of spiciness, but it can be adjusted to your desired level by adding more or less of the rub.

3. How long should I let the Buffalo Rub marinate on the hot wings?

For best results, we recommend letting the hot wings marinate in the Buffalo Rub for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will allow the flavors to fully infuse into the wings.

4. Can I use the Buffalo Rub on frozen hot wings?

Yes, the Buffalo Rub can be used on both fresh and frozen hot wings. Just be sure to thaw the wings before marinating for the best flavor.

5. Is the Buffalo Rub gluten-free?

Yes, the Buffalo Rub is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. It is also free from artificial flavors and preservatives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• A Pampered Kitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • MissChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • amandamnorris