• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made the Creamy Mojito Torte?

In summary, Linda made a rum cake that was easy to make and good. The reviewer also made a rum cake and added lime zest to the topping. Both cakes were not overpowering with the rum flavor.
DebbieJ
I am thinking about making it for Super Bowl Sunday.

Give me your review.

Thanks!

Linda made it. I haven't yet, but it sounds pretty good.

Yes I did. It was very easy and very good!

Ooh! Is that from the new SB?

pamperedlinda said:
Yes I did. It was very easy and very good!

When You made this did you use real rum or rum extract. It seems like it would be overpowering. I want to make this for my customer appreciation Saturday.

pamperedalf said:
When You made this did you use real rum or rum extract. It seems like it would be overpowering. I want to make this for my customer appreciation Saturday.

ahem - this is me you are talking about! what do you think I used.... :D REAL RUM :D

pamperedlinda said:
ahem - this is me you are talking about! what do you think I used.... :D REAL RUM :D

Heehee, I'm a real rum kinda gal myself! lol :p

I mentioned this on an earlier blog I made this for a co workers b day and about an hour later everyone seemed so happy and cheerful we were all joking and laughing, yes I used real rum and it was soooo yummy!

I made this for my party today, kind of a farewell to the retiring products and getting ready for the new, only 4 people at the party but got one booking :) But the biggest comment was that as far as they were concerned there was not enough rum in it LOL Of course the alcohol gets baked off in the cake and when you consider the amount you make for the filling 2 teaspoons is hardly anything and I have to agree it almost seems a waste to use since you don't even taste it LOL

pamperedlinda said:

Thank you, I'm worried because I have some non drinkers coming. For me I wouldn't mind. I just don't want to offend anyone since it's a customer appreciation.

love it... the rum flavor is not overwhelming, more a flavor component rather than a stand out flavor

Thank you everyone, I'm making my menu for Saturday, I'm hoping to have enough food. I usually overmake which makes dh happy. The house is spotless & he comes & eats leftovers.

I've made it and I did use real rum (had to ask where it was and what kind to get at the store!) but it wasn't overwhelming at all BUT I did add lime zest to the topping and it tasted better than before.

Related to Has Anyone Made the Creamy Mojito Torte?

1. Can I use a different type of cookie crust for the Creamy Mojito Torte?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie crust that you prefer for this recipe. Just make sure it is a similar size and shape as the one listed in the recipe.

2. Do I need to use a food processor to crush the cookies for the crust?

No, you can crush the cookies using a rolling pin and a plastic bag. However, a food processor will give you a finer and more even texture for the crust.

3. Can I substitute the rum with a different alcohol?

Yes, you can use any type of alcohol that has a similar flavor profile to rum, such as coconut rum or white rum. You can also omit the alcohol altogether if you prefer.

4. How long does the Creamy Mojito Torte need to chill before serving?

This torte needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving. This allows the flavors to fully develop and the torte to set properly.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this Creamy Mojito Torte a day or two in advance. Just cover it tightly and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies