• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Ever Made the Fancy Southern Nut Bars?

In summary, to make the Fancy Southern Nut Bars, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, egg, honey, salt, and chopped pecans and walnuts. After preheating the oven, mix together the flour, sugar, and butter and press into a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes and then add a mixture of egg, honey, salt and nuts and bake for an additional 15 minutes. You can use different types of nuts or make ahead of time and store for up to 3 days or freeze. You can also substitute honey with maple syrup or agave syrup.
cat
Gold Member
It's from the Delightful Desserts cookbook. I am thinking of making it for a last minute fundraiser I have this coming Monday.

I've never made it and was wondering if anyone has made it and how it tastes!

Usually I try to make a recipe once before I do it for a crowd, but I don't have time this weekend!

The recipe is delicous. Make sure you follow the directions completely. I use cashews and pecans for one recipe and I also did just peanuts (2cups) because I had a few family members that hate pecan and cashews.

Just to let you know. I didn't make them for a show. I made them when my aunt died last summer - before I began a consultant. I made them and the lemon tartlets because the both of them were finger food. People could just grap and go. No plates or forks required, maybe a napkin.

I hope that helps.

Thanks Teresa,

I think I'm gonna go ahead and try it for my fundraiser show. It sounds decadent, with the butter, honey, nuts and whipping cream!

There really aren't too many PC recipes I've tried that I didn't like!

Related to Has Anyone Ever Made the Fancy Southern Nut Bars?

1. How do I make the Fancy Southern Nut Bars?

To make the Fancy Southern Nut Bars, you will need the following ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 egg, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the flour, sugar, and butter until well combined. Press the mixture into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake the crust for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat the egg, honey, and salt until well blended. Stir in the chopped pecans and walnuts. Pour the mixture over the baked crust and spread evenly. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.

2. Can I use a different type of nut in the Fancy Southern Nut Bars?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of nut in this recipe. Some popular alternatives include almonds, cashews, or hazelnuts. You can also use a combination of different nuts for added variety and flavor.

3. Are the Fancy Southern Nut Bars difficult to make?

No, these bars are very easy to make and require minimal ingredients and preparation. They are a great option for beginner bakers or for those looking for a simple and delicious dessert.

4. Can I make the Fancy Southern Nut Bars ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these bars ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the bars and thaw them before serving.

5. Can I substitute the honey in the Fancy Southern Nut Bars?

Yes, if you do not have honey on hand, you can substitute it with an equal amount of maple syrup or agave syrup. However, keep in mind that this may slightly alter the flavor of the bars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DMB75