• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe

In summary, the recipe is easy to follow and yields a tasty treat. It is best suited for an occasion, such as a family reunion or a mission trip.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I was thinking about making this tonight. I have limited time. But I do have time to just leave it in the oven for the 30 minutes. Has anyone ever made this before? If I have 15 minutes to work on it before hand is that enough time? It is the recipe in the front cover of the new catalog.

I've made it twice so far. It's actually a pretty hands off recipe - most of the time is waiting for the caramel to cook/boil, then the baking time. Stirring the mix during the baking time is not easy - it really fills the large bar pan, and it's easy to have some fall out onto the oven floor :blushing:

It is really tasty, tho'!

Thanks Melissa. I made this last night for my meeting. I would not do it as a demo because of how hands off it is. But it is SO YUMMY. My mom called me last night to ask me what we were taking to our family reunion and I said I am taking Sweet and Salty Party Mix. I am going to make a double batch. I will just have to do them each separately. I also think that I am not going to double the peanuts. I think it had a lot of peanuts in it. But I do think that it is an easy recipe.

I made one of the batches with pecans (I didn't have peanuts at hand). I think it tasted better than the peanut version :) (then again, I really like pecans)

I might try it with pecans then. I am planning on doing 2 batches and then putting them together..maybe I will do peanuts in one of them and pecans in the other.

I also wanted to ask. I am planning on making 3 batches on friday. 2 for a family reunion and one for my sister to take on a mission trip. do you think that I can use the Rectangular Baker for one of the batches so that I don't have to be baking for 1 1/2 hours

I know I've seen this recipe but please tell me where?! :confused:

It is inside the front cover of the new catalog.

See! I KNEW I saw it somewhere!

Thanks!

if you have the roasting pan, you can make all 3 batches at once. I've done this before with the one in the old stoneware book

ChefLoriG said:
if you have the roasting pan, you can make all 3 batches at once. I've done this before with the one in the old stoneware book

Do you mean the big metal roasting pan? Do I need to change the cook time at all? Because I have that.

I keep forgetting to look for this recipe, can someone post it since I'm at work and don't have a new catalog on me.

1 pkg (3 - 3.5 oz) microwave popcorn (about 5 cups popped)
3 cups miniature pretzel twists
2 cups dry-roasted salted peanuts
2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal squares (chex)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare popcorn according to package directions. In Stainless (6-qt) Mixing Bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, and cereal; set aside. Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in (2 qt) saucepan. Cook adn stir with Bamboo Spoon over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue to cook without stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat; carefully stir in baking soda.

2. Pour caramel sauce over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated. Spoon onto Large Bar Pan; bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven.

3. Transfer popcorn mixture to large piece of Parchment Paper. Cool completely, breaking mixture into clusters as it cools. Pour into Large Bamboo Round Bowl.

ChefLoriG said:

Thank you for the tip..it was so helpful. I actually decided to make 4 batches..so I just did 2 double batches in the roaster. Worked out well. It was so good..my family loved it. As did the people on our mission trip from our church. They left this morning and my sister already sent me a text to tell me how much everyone loved it.

Related to Quick & Easy Sweet and Salty Party Mix Recipe

What is the recipe for Sweet and Salty Party Mix?

The recipe for Sweet and Salty Party Mix includes a combination of pretzels, popcorn, cereal, nuts, and a sweet and savory seasoning mix. It can be customized to include your favorite ingredients and is perfect for parties or snacking.

How long does Sweet and Salty Party Mix stay fresh?

When stored in an airtight container, Sweet and Salty Party Mix can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.

Can I make Sweet and Salty Party Mix in advance?

Yes, you can make Sweet and Salty Party Mix in advance. It is best to store it in an airtight container until ready to serve. You can also make a large batch and freeze it for later use. Just be sure to thaw it before serving.

Can I substitute ingredients in the Sweet and Salty Party Mix recipe?

Absolutely! You can customize the recipe to your liking by substituting different types of nuts, cereal, or adding in other ingredients like dried fruit or chocolate chips. Just keep in mind that the seasoning mix may need to be adjusted accordingly.

Is Sweet and Salty Party Mix gluten-free?

The recipe for Sweet and Salty Party Mix can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pretzels and cereal. Be sure to check the ingredients in the seasoning mix to ensure it is also gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Kristin B