• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Has Anyone Else Received This Solicitation Email?

But I don't get it - there is nothing in my stats anywhere stating what level I am. I'm thinking it's more random. Probably picking someone from all the different states, or something like...I'm not sure - but I would avoid people like that. Sounds like they are fishing for members.I'm not sure - but I would avoid people like that. Sounds like they are fishing for members.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Just got this email, and figured others had too?

This is a message from [email protected] at Chefsuccess.com a Community for Pampered Chef Consultants ( Pampered Chef Consultant Resource Community - Chef Success ). The Chefsuccess.com a Community for Pampered Chef Consultants owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email [email protected], you can use this online form:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=24869

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Hi. My name is Karen Taub. My firm is a refinery in business 45 years. We have a division that caters to the public and we have had trememdous success in offering our gold BUYING service in small gatherings. We recently did an event in conjunction with a Pampered Chef representative and it was a win-win for both her and ourselves. We paid her guests CASH for their unwanted gold and they used it to buy products.

We are interested in having someone consult with us and I was hoping you might be interested or know someone. COuld we speak when you have a free minute? 914-299-9202

Thanks

I haven't. Very strange.

I didn't, I have heard of gold parties around here though. Is the area code local to you?

PCMomto4 said:
I didn't, I have heard of gold parties around here though. Is the area code local to you?

Nope - I don't know where that area code is located...

914 area code is NY

I didn't receive it...

Yup, I got it as a PM... Someone is soliciting team leaders and above. I got her to give me a bit more info (still did not quite get it) but I did not respond the 2nd time.

I am not condoning ti, but it makes sense to have guest have some extra money. However, I am thinking if you need to sell your gold for extra cash you probably are needing money for bills and what not instead of PC.

PCMomto4 said:
I am not condoning ti, but it makes sense to have guest have some extra money. However, I am thinking if you need to sell your gold for extra cash you probably are needing money for bills and what not instead of PC.

It's not the idea of selling gold for Cash that bothers me, it's the idea that she is using a PC forum to solicit people for her business.:(

I haven't seen it (I believe 914 is NYC area), but it does sound fishy and something I'd stay away from.

Don't have it that I know of...but haven't been as active recently.Hopefully Greg will just kill the user and send them a warning.

No I totally agree Becky.

I didn't get it but maybe I am not "high enough" since I am only a SC right now! LOL! Maybe it is the same person who came here and got all the emails for that guy who was trying to sell his services to do our follow-up and submit our orders!Hey Greg! It's looking more and more like we need to have a Consultant ID# to be on here!

I got it too. Just ignored it and then they sent me another one, but I ignored that one too. Mine didn't actually say that it was a gold buying service but I assumed that it what it was.

Huh...an email would have been great...the woman looked up my website, called my cell phone and then called information and called my house!!!!:eek::eek:
I told her that as a Director or above, I cannot represent any other company...she seemed very surprised. I did tell her no thanks, then she was rather grumpy...

At least, now I know how she found me...:grumpy:

Isn't there a rule on CS about not soliciting? I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

Heehee, I guess there's an advantage to being 'only' a SC or below.

Kris, that's actually kind of creepy and nervvy! Strange...

no kidding...not the kind of "in demand" I wanted...:)

pampchefsarah said:
Isn't there a rule on CS about not soliciting? I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

Heehee, I guess there's an advantage to being 'only' a SC or below.

But I don't get it - there is nothing in my stats anywhere stating what level I am. I'm thinking it's more random. Probably picking someone from all the different states, or something like that.

I got it as a PM too the other day and deleted it.

ChefKrisB said:
Huh...an email would have been great...the woman looked up my website, called my cell phone and then called information and called my house!!!!:eek::eek:
I told her that as a Director or above, I cannot represent any other company...she seemed very surprised. I did tell her no thanks, then she was rather grumpy...

At least, now I know how she found me...:grumpy:

If your PWS is in your profile here, that's a violation of HO policy. It creates a link. Please delete it.

I had a message on my home phone the other day from this woman saying she wanted to talk to me about PC. I couldn't believe that someone was calling me! So I returned her call and was surprised that she would ask to set up at my parties. When I said no she implied that I didn't really understand what I was asking and that I should listen to her pitch first before deciding. I understood plenty!! Then I had a PM from her. I replied that she already asked and my answer was still no. She apologized, but it is annoying.

Kelly

chefann said:
If your PWS is in your profile here, that's a violation of HO policy. It creates a link. Please delete it.

Yeah, but if she has what we have, just the tag, it wouldn't be hard to find her.

raebates said:
Yeah, but if she has what we have, just the tag, it wouldn't be hard to find her.

Some people around here DO have their PWS listed in their profile. Kris does.
I've checked with HO, and it is absolutely against policy, even though the links aren't out on the "public" internet.

Gotcha. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. It usually works, but not always. ;)

I got an email from her, too. That area code is NY state, right on the border of NJ...about a mile from where I grew up. Anyway - I sure hope she doesn't call me because I'd likely give her a piece of my mind.

dannyzmom said:
I got an email from her, too. That area code is NY state, right on the border of NJ...about a mile from where I grew up. Anyway - I sure hope she doesn't call me because I'd likely give her a piece of my mind.

ooohhhh! I hope she does call you so you can rip her a new one and tell us all about it! LOL :eek:

pamperedlinda said:
ooohhhh! I hope she does call you so you can rip her a new one and tell us all about it! LOL :eek:

Oh, I'll giver her a nice talking-to...bless her little heart.

didn't even think about the website thing here because it's not public...thanks for the heads up...I had forgotten it was there!:blushing:
I'm sorry....I have deleted it...

In my email she specifically mentioned that she was looking for consultants who had been in the business for several years. Maybe it's not your career level but how long you've been active with the company.

Better not call me..............I just told off a charity that kept calling my husband..........every two hours, three and four times a day, but when I asked if I could help them said "no" and hung up on me.

dannyzmom said:
Oh, I'll giver her a nice talking-to...bless her little heart.

You NJ girls ROCK!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • smarteez2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab