1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Has anyone else received this solicitation email?

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Just got this email, and figured others had too?

This is a message from kedbrilinc@aol.com at Chefsuccess.com a Community for Pampered Chef Consultants ( Pampered Chef Consultant Resource Community - Chef Success ). The Chefsuccess.com a Community for Pampered Chef Consultants owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email kedbrilinc@aol.com, you can use this online form:
    http://www.chefsuccess.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=24869

OR, by email:
    mailto:kedbrilinc@aol.com

This is the message:

Hi. My name is Karen Taub. My firm is a refinery in business 45 years. We have a division that caters to the public and we have had trememdous success in offering our gold BUYING service in small gatherings. We recently did an event in conjunction with a Pampered Chef representative and it was a win-win for both her and ourselves. We paid her guests CASH for their unwanted gold and they used it to buy products.

We are interested in having someone consult with us and I was hoping you might be interested or know someone. COuld we speak when you have a free minute? 914-299-9202

Thanks

Jul 1, 2009
  2. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I haven't. Very strange.

Jul 1, 2009
  3. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I didn't, I have heard of gold parties around here though. Is the area code local to you?

Jul 1, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

Nope - I don't know where that area code is located...

Jul 1, 2009
  5. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

914 area code is NY

Jul 1, 2009
  6. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I didn't receive it...

Jul 1, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Yup, I got it as a PM... Someone is soliciting team leaders and above. I got her to give me a bit more info (still did not quite get it) but I did not respond the 2nd time.

Jul 1, 2009
  8. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2009
  9. etteluap70PC

Jul 1, 2009
  10. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I am not condoning ti, but it makes sense to have guest have some extra money. However, I am thinking if you need to sell your gold for extra cash you probably are needing money for bills and what not instead of PC.

Jul 1, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

It's not the idea of selling gold for Cash that bothers me, it's the idea that she is using a PC forum to solicit people for her business.:(

Jul 1, 2009
  12. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I haven't seen it (I believe 914 is NYC area), but it does sound fishy and something I'd stay away from.

Jul 1, 2009
  13. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Don't have it that I know of...but haven't been as active recently.

Hopefully Greg will just kill the user and send them a warning.

14. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

No I totally agree Becky.

Jul 1, 2009
  15. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I didn't get it but maybe I am not "high enough" since I am only a SC right now! LOL! Maybe it is the same person who came here and got all the emails for that guy who was trying to sell his services to do our follow-up and submit our orders!

Hey Greg! It's looking more and more like we need to have a Consultant ID# to be on here!

Jul 1, 2009
  16. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I got it too. Just ignored it and then they sent me another one, but I ignored that one too. Mine didn't actually say that it was a gold buying service but I assumed that it what it was.

Jul 1, 2009
  17. ChefKrisB

ChefKrisB Member Gold Member

Huh...an email would have been great...the woman looked up my website, called my cell phone and then called information and called my house!!!!:eek::eek:
    I told her that as a Director or above, I cannot represent any other company...she seemed very surprised. I did tell her no thanks, then she was rather grumpy...

At least, now I know how she found me...:grumpy:

Jul 1, 2009
  18. etteluap70PC

Wow!!! NOT cool!

19. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Isn't there a rule on CS about not soliciting? I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

Heehee, I guess there's an advantage to being 'only' a SC or below.

20. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Kris, that's actually kind of creepy and nervvy! Strange...

Jul 1, 2009
  21. ChefKrisB

no kidding...not the kind of "in demand" I wanted...:)

Jul 1, 2009
  22. ChefBeckyD

But I don't get it - there is nothing in my stats anywhere stating what level I am. I'm thinking it's more random. Probably picking someone from all the different states, or something like that.

Jul 1, 2009
  23. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I got it as a PM too the other day and deleted it.

24. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

If your PWS is in your profile here, that's a violation of HO policy. It creates a link. Please delete it.

Jul 1, 2009
  25. KellyCooks

KellyCooks Novice Member Gold Member

I had a message on my home phone the other day from this woman saying she wanted to talk to me about PC. I couldn't believe that someone was calling me! So I returned her call and was surprised that she would ask to set up at my parties. When I said no she implied that I didn't really understand what I was asking and that I should listen to her pitch first before deciding. I understood plenty!! Then I had a PM from her. I replied that she already asked and my answer was still no. She apologized, but it is annoying.

Kelly

Jul 1, 2009
  26. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Yeah, but if she has what we have, just the tag, it wouldn't be hard to find her.

Jul 1, 2009
  27. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Some people around here DO have their PWS listed in their profile. Kris does.
    I've checked with HO, and it is absolutely against policy, even though the links aren't out on the "public" internet.

Jul 1, 2009
  28. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Gotcha. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. It usually works, but not always. ;)

Jul 1, 2009
  29. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I got an email from her, too. That area code is NY state, right on the border of NJ...about a mile from where I grew up. Anyway - I sure hope she doesn't call me because I'd likely give her a piece of my mind.

Jul 1, 2009
  30. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

ooohhhh! I hope she does call you so you can rip her a new one and tell us all about it! LOL :eek:

31. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Oh, I'll giver her a nice talking-to...bless her little heart.

Jul 1, 2009
  32. ChefKrisB

didn't even think about the website thing here because it's not public...thanks for the heads up...I had forgotten it was there!:blushing:
    I'm sorry....I have deleted it...

Jul 1, 2009
  33. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

In my email she specifically mentioned that she was looking for consultants who had been in the business for several years. Maybe it's not your career level but how long you've been active with the company.

Better not call me..............I just told off a charity that kept calling my husband..........every two hours, three and four times a day, but when I asked if I could help them said "no" and hung up on me.

Jul 1, 2009
  34. ChefBeckyD

You NJ girls ROCK!

Jul 1, 2009
Have something to add?