• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today I Had a Weird Email I Nearly Didn't Open It but Since It Has

In summary, today i had a weird email I nearly didn't open it but since it has Pampered Chef in the subject line I did.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
today i had a weird email I nearly didn't open it but since it has Pampered Chef in the subject line I did ....
What the heck is this? I have never heard of this and want to know how it got connected thru my website!!

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Slumber Parties regarding your upcoming Party Request!

The e-mail correspondence that you sent has automatically generated a case to allow us to
follow up to your request as promptly as possible.

We want to let you know that we intend to assist you as soon as possible with your
request!

You may want to save your case's tracking ticket: 667674_11ds63jc

Please feel free to reply to this message if there is any additional information you wish
to share with us about your original correspondence.

We look forward to responding to your request!

Sincerely,

--
Party Leads
[email protected]

Re: Irritating!!That's very strange!!!

Re: Irritating!!Scammers and spammers are SO ANNOYING.

Re: Irritating!!BUT, my question is... Is it a customer who was invited to a show or how did someone get it from my website which is for hosts only?

Technology confuses me !!

Re: Irritating!!It could just be totally random...

Re: Irritating!!For the longest time, I was getting recorded telemarketing phone calls because someone picked up my number from my website (they mentioned it in one of the recordings).I finally took my phone number off of the website. I'll have to put it back to see if it happens again. I had finally listened to one recording all the way through, and it gave an option to be removed from their calling list. So maybe that did it.Anyway- just goes to show they find you in many ways.

Re: Irritating!!I got a call from a Man who told me he & his wife met me at an event and just loved talking to me so much they wanted to meet. Well, he's wanting to meet b/c he wants to sell me something. I have a feeling he got my card from a vendor booth (which I haven't done since last fall) and now he's calling. Totally don't remember him but am not meeting with him. I think people purposely go to vendor fairs for this purpose and then try to sway you to a different company or scam you.

Re: Irritating!!Oh, I have gotten that from booths, too. It doesn't really bug me. I just say I'm busy enough w/ PC that I'm not interested.

Re: Irritating!!I keep getting spam emails asking about my business. It just started in the last week or so.

Re: Irritating!!
flemings99 said:
I got a call from a Man who told me he & his wife met me at an event and just loved talking to me so much they wanted to meet. Well, he's wanting to meet b/c he wants to sell me something. I have a feeling he got my card from a vendor booth (which I haven't done since last fall) and now he's calling. Totally don't remember him but am not meeting with him. I think people purposely go to vendor fairs for this purpose and then try to sway you to a different company or scam you.

ShellBeach said:
Oh, I have gotten that from booths, too. It doesn't really bug me. I just say I'm busy enough w/ PC that I'm not interested.

I do find this irritating. I did not spend money on that vendor event just to throw away my efforts and start something new.

wadesgirl said:
I keep getting spam emails asking about my business. It just started in the last week or so.

I've started getting emails offering me the opportunity to post my link on the group's website. Obviously not someone who is familiar with PC at all.

Re: Irritating!!Even worse, I have an upcoming host who wants to talk to me about how she and her husband have been getting residual checks for the past 4 years from some company they joined in TX. She's so excited that the company is expanding to MD. I at least got the name of the company from her and it's some energy MLM company with lots of nasty reviews on the web. I'm up for the challenge. Let's see if I can recruit her!!

Re: Irritating!!Go Becca! I always interrupt telemarketers and ask them about the Pampered Chef. Usually don't get calls from those companies anymore. :-D

Re: Irritating!!I just got an email today from someone wanting to know more about my "mary kay" business to see if I'd like to learn more about their marketing tips. Grrrrr.r..

Re: Irritating!!Even worse.. I got a HO lead that the person wanted to meet and talk about joining. When I got there they tried to turn it around and get me to join their business... uhmmmm NO. So rude!!! What a waste of my time and I told him that. Got another HO lead this month that wanted me to buy her "bling" tshirts! What are people thinking.. we pay for our websites and work to get leads and then they are basically stealing from us!

Re: Irritating!!Teresa, I personally would contact them and ask them to remove me from their contact list after asking them how they received my information, and I have noticed that I am also encountering the same type of people wanting me to join their business. I am now talking more in depth, asking more questions about MY business to be sure of where their interests truly lie and discover the truth pretty quickly. Maybe it would help somehow (like Becca) we just have to be prepared (sad to say) that they may be trying to sell us on their business and try to get that out as soon as possible so you aren't wasting your time unnecessarily. I have found that PC does leave them with food for thought so I did plant my seeds.

I do find this irritating. I did not spend money on that vendor event just to throw away my efforts and start something new.

Do you really get that many? Out of all my booths, I think I got 2 of these folks. Both from home shows. I figure I got far more valid contacts, though, so those 2 duds were no big deal.
But then, the recession hit and my regular non-home show booth prices went up, so I haven't been done those for 2 years now. Maybe it's gotten worse?

Becca_in_MD said:
Even worse, I have an upcoming host who wants to talk to me about how she and her husband have been getting residual checks for the past 4 years from some company they joined in TX. She's so excited that the company is expanding to MD. I at least got the name of the company from her and it's some energy MLM company with lots of nasty reviews on the web. I'm up for the challenge. Let's see if I can recruit her!!

Ugh - I have a friend who tried to pull myself and another friend (both of us who he talked to are PC consultants) into this one, too. Not only is it annoying that he was trying to push this on us, but I feel bad that he thinks he's with a wonderfully awesome company. They do have bad reviews, and I think most reasonable people would be very touchy about randomly switching over something as important as their electric bill, especially when MLM is involved.

I'm very happy with my PC business, thankyouverymuch :D

Re: Irritating!!I have a very hard time sharing my business with my friends because of past bad experiences. We had a friend of many years. they moved 3-hrs away a few years ago, but the only time he'd ever call my DH was when he had some new business or "scheme" to try to sell him. This had gone on before they moved away too, but they didn't always pull it on us when we got together. It had gotten so bad my DH won't take his calls anymore (he did one day be accident and got an earful.) Anyway.... I guess "I'm perfectly happy with what I have that is proven to work for me and my family." is the line I'll use. But it makes me gun-shy about sharing my business with friends/family, other than the general newsletter type info they'd see.If I hear them talking about losing a job or needing money, I might mention it a step further, otherwise, I don't push it.

Re: Irritating!!I get several emails a day from random people asking me if I am still with PC and if I still like it. They are "interested" in the business. Glad that they all go to my spam folder. Love, Love, Love my yahoo!

Related to Today I Had a Weird Email I Nearly Didn't Open It but Since It Has

What was the email about?

The email was about a strange message that the sender was hesitant to open.

Why was the sender hesitant to open the email?

The sender was hesitant because the email seemed unusual and potentially suspicious.

What made the sender decide to open the email?

The sender ultimately decided to open the email out of curiosity or a sense of obligation.

Was the email actually important?

It is not specified whether the email was important or not, as the sender almost didn't open it.

What should someone do if they receive a similar email?

If someone receives a suspicious or unusual email, it is best to exercise caution and not open any links or attachments. It is also recommended to report the email to the appropriate authorities or IT department for further investigation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • AJPratt