• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day

In summary, on Chocolate Milkshake Day, people from different parts of the country have different ways of preparing their milkshakes, including using ice cream.
redsoxgirl
YUM!

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX520/chocolate-milkshake_~bxp154448.jpg

So the question of the day is..... do you put ice cream in your milkshakes where your from, or just milk?

I live in Mass and we put milk, chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup in them. Places that are cheap use vanilla ice cream, but it's still yummy!

And we also have frappes/fribbles that are thicker (aka - more ice cream).

I am in MA too girlfriend!! YUM!!!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/breeze1970/milkshake.jpg

oh yours looks better than mine!!

redsoxgirl said:
YUM!

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX520/chocolate-milkshake_~bxp154448.jpg

So the question of the day is..... do you put ice cream in your milkshakes where your from, or just milk?

I live in Mass and we put milk, chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup in them. Places that are cheap use vanilla ice cream, but it's still yummy!

And we also have frappes/fribbles that are thicker (aka - more ice cream).

I thought it had to have ice cream to be a milkshake?

Dairy Queen, Chick-Fil-A, Bruester's, and Baskin Robbins put in ice cream. The rest (like McDonald's, Burger King, etc.) just put in milk and syrup...

pcchefjane said:
Dairy Queen, Chick-Fil-A, Bruester's, and Baskin Robbins put in ice cream. The rest (like McDonald's, Burger King, etc.) just put in milk and syrup...

Then why when you go to McD's do you have to suck so hard to get out the milkshake? LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought it had to have ice cream to be a milkshake?

That's the way I've always known it, but I've heard in other parts of the country it's just milk and syrup.... which to me is chocolate milk! LOL

This is so cool! It would have been good to know a few weeks ago, could have been a fun add on to a show. Is there anything else like this coming up?
BTW.. I put ice cream in mine! and everything else sweet I can find!

Last edited:
OK, not to hijack, but my first thought when I read this title was to wonder if this was for real or if you were pulling a pregnant woman trick on us all... :D

No ma'am - I never joke about chocolate ;)

buckeyefan08 said:
This is so cool! It would have been good to know a few weeks ago, could have been a fun add on to a show. Is there anything else like this coming up?

Here's a list I found real quick. There are lots of foos days :D

pcchefjane said:

This just didn't seem right to me, so I looked it up on their websites.

Chocolate Shake Ingredients from McD's Website:

Ingredients (Allergen statement in ALL CAPS.)
Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate.
CONTAINS: MILK.
Chocolate Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa (processed with alkali), natural (vegetable source) and artificial flavors, salt, potassium sorbate (preservative), vanillin (artificial flavor). May contain small amounts of other shake flavors served at the restaurant, including egg ingredients when Egg Nog Shakes are available.

Couldn't get a ingredient list from BK.

Is anyone else as excited as I am that Sunday is :sing:National Cream Filled Doughnut Day?:sing:

I think I could have fun with this list! Thanks for posting!

Looks like I will need to drink a chocolate milkshake today, since I don't want to ignore such a special holiday!! lol

Mmmmm...I just thought! I have Edy's peppermint ice cream, chocolate syrup, and milk. I can make one right here at home!!

KellyTheChef said:
Mmmmm...I just thought! I have Edy's peppermint ice cream, chocolate syrup, and milk. I can make one right here at home!!

I'll be over for lunch!

Me too! Me too!

I guess we should have milkshakes for an after school snack:thumbup:
I've never heard of having one without ice cream though:confused:

I believe I will indulge myself in a milkshake today to celebrate this joyous day! I can't guarantee it won't actually be a malt, though.

buckeyefan08 said:

Not sure how you'd turn this into a PC party (but, hey, Cheffers are very creative!), but 9/19 (my DH's birthday!) is National Talk Like A Pirate Day - arghh.:D

ChefBeckyD said:
when Egg Nog Shakes are available.

Don't you just love the holiday season??!!!:love:

pampchefsarah said:
Not sure how you'd turn this into a PC party (but, hey, Cheffers are very creative!), but 9/19 (my DH's birthday!) is National Talk Like A Pirate Day - arghh.:D

You can turn ANYTHING into a PC party! My host today is having a cookout in conjunction with the show, and it's a 60s theme because it's the anniversary of the formation of the band The Monkees. So I'm making the Creamy One Pot Pasta, emphasis on "pot," and we're just playing up other things like that. She's even making Monkee Bread so people can sample the sprinkles. :)

For a pirate show, you can make "Walk the plank chicken" - 30 minute chicken, since they're both fast. Call everyone "matey."

chefann said:
You can turn ANYTHING into a PC party! My host today is having a cookout in conjunction with the show, and it's a 60s theme because it's the anniversary of the formation of the band The Monkees. So I'm making the Creamy One Pot Pasta, emphasis on "pot," and we're just playing up other things like that. She's even making Monkee Bread so people can sample the sprinkles. :)

For a pirate show, you can make "Walk the plank chicken" - 30 minute chicken, since they're both fast. Call everyone "matey."

And have everyone wear a patch over one eye!:D

I had to laugh because our wedding anniversary is the 28th of Sept. and it National Ask A Stupid Question Day! "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" HA!

Just kidding I have a wonderful husband!

Last edited:

Related to Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day

1. What is National Chocolate Milkshake Day?

National Chocolate Milkshake Day is a holiday dedicated to celebrating the delicious and indulgent treat of chocolate milkshakes. It falls on September 12th every year.

2. How did National Chocolate Milkshake Day come about?

The origins of National Chocolate Milkshake Day are unknown, but it is believed to have been created as a way to honor and enjoy the classic American dessert.

3. How can I celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day?

There are many ways to celebrate National Chocolate Milkshake Day! You can make your own homemade chocolate milkshake, visit your favorite ice cream shop for a delicious shake, or try out different variations and flavors of chocolate milkshakes.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions for National Chocolate Milkshake Day?

Many restaurants and fast food chains offer promotions and discounts on chocolate milkshakes on National Chocolate Milkshake Day. Be sure to check with your local establishments to see if they are offering any special deals.

5. Can I make a chocolate milkshake without a blender?

Yes, you can make a chocolate milkshake without a blender by using a whisk or a hand mixer to mix the ingredients together. However, using a blender will give you a smoother and more consistent texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies