• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hand Washing vs. Gloves: Best Practices for Interactive Shows

I keep my hand sanitizer in my tool turn about so that it is always right there ready to use. I will use it myself about 5 times during the demo.I have always washed my hands and used gloves when I have been working with meat of any kind.
melaniepc
for those of you who do "interactive" shows, do you have your guests wash their hands or do you have gloves?

I have the hostess give them a choice to either wash their hands using my sudspump filled with our soap (then rinse) or put on put on a pair of gloves. Most choose to wash their hands.

Wash hands. No one ever wants to use gloves. I do let them know that I have them, but I have only ever used them for handling jalapeno peppers.

Having been a nurse in my past life I say wash hands even if using gloves.

I have them wash hands. I personally hate to use gloves because I can't feel the food and things right. It's a sensory thing for me. If I "had" to, I would. But I just make sure everyone washes their hands, myself included, right there where everyone else can see. That way everyone feels comfortable knowing everyone else did it.

cathyskitchen said:
Wash hands. No one ever wants to use gloves. I do let them know that I have them, but I have only ever used them for handling jalapeno peppers.

what she said. :)

After my last experience with jalepeno's, I will never do peppers/onions without gloves again! But, I prefer my guests just wash their hands and I also have hand sanitizer.

Wash hands for me too. :)

missmindym said:
After my last experience with jalepeno's, I will never do peppers/onions without gloves again! But, I prefer my guests just wash their hands and I also have hand sanitizer.

I keep my hand sanitizer in my tool turn about so that it is always right there ready to use. I will use it myself about 5 times during the demo.

My family toured a cheese factory once, a few years ago. The workers put their hands into the vat for part of the process. They did not wear gloves. They told those of us on the tour that there was less bacteria on washed hands than there was on gloves.

Wash hands. I have tiny hands and can't find gloves that fit me .
Never had a complaint. :)

I give them a choice. Some wash hands, and some use gloves.

I wash my hands, and use gloves when I am working with meat of any kind.

Related to Hand Washing vs. Gloves: Best Practices for Interactive Shows

1. What is the recommended method for hand washing during interactive shows?

The recommended method for hand washing during interactive shows is to wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, making sure to thoroughly wash all areas of your hands, including under your nails and in between your fingers. Rinse your hands well and dry them with a clean towel or paper towel.

2. When should gloves be used during an interactive show?

Gloves should be used during an interactive show when handling raw meat, poultry, or seafood, as well as during any other tasks that may require touching food with your hands. It is also recommended to wear gloves if you have any cuts or open wounds on your hands.

3. How often should gloves be changed during an interactive show?

Gloves should be changed every time you switch tasks, such as handling raw meat and then moving on to preparing vegetables. Gloves should also be changed if they become torn or contaminated during use.

4. Can gloves be reused during an interactive show?

No, gloves should not be reused during an interactive show. They should be disposed of after each use to prevent cross-contamination.

5. Are there any alternatives to gloves for handling food during an interactive show?

Yes, instead of gloves, you can use tongs, spatulas, or other utensils to handle food during an interactive show. This can also help prevent cross-contamination and is a good option for those with latex allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • myinnerchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
twinkie10