• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Wear Gloves When You Are Doing Your Demo or Just Wash Your

In summary, gloves are not required while doing a demonstration, but it is recommended to wash your hands before and after handling food. For food handling, it is best to use food-safe, disposable gloves. If you have a latex allergy, avoid using latex gloves and opt for latex-free gloves made from nitrile or vinyl. While washing your hands is important, using gloves can provide an added layer of protection against cross-contamination. It is recommended to change gloves after handling raw meat, poultry, or seafood, or if they become torn or visibly dirty during the demo.
adge
do you wear gloves when you are doing your demo or just wash your hands before hand?

Re: gloves?I wash my hands before hand and usually end up rinsing my hand off at least once if I'm near the sink. I always have a towel real handy for wiping my hands off if they get real messy.

I do have gloves in case I need them though.

Re: gloves?I wash my hands and have guests wash their hands if we are doing an interactive show. I also make a point to keep my hands away from my hair and face and if I throw things away, immediately wash my hands again. I always wash them after handling meat, really well.

Re: gloves?I wash my hands immediately before the demo and use gloves for raw meat and hot peppers.

Re: gloves?
DebbieJ said:
I wash my hands immediately before the demo and use gloves for raw meat and hot peppers.
This is what I do too.I always have gloves with me for guests to wear also - in case someone wants to help with the demo, but doesn't want to get their hands dirty!

Re: gloves?I'm so glad to see I'm not the only non-glover.
I guess my shows are a gloves off event. LOL

1. Do I need to wear gloves while doing my demonstration?

It is not required for you to wear gloves while doing your demo. However, it is recommended to wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling food.

2. Can I use any type of gloves for food handling?

We recommend using food-safe, disposable gloves for food handling. These can be found at most grocery stores or online.

3. What if I have a latex allergy?

If you have a latex allergy, it is important to avoid using latex gloves. Instead, opt for latex-free gloves made from nitrile or vinyl.

4. Can I just wash my hands instead of using gloves?

While washing your hands is always a good practice, using gloves can provide an added layer of protection against cross-contamination. It is recommended to use gloves when handling raw meat, poultry, and seafood.

5. How often should I change my gloves during a demo?

It is important to change your gloves after handling raw meat, poultry, or seafood. It is also recommended to change gloves if they become torn or visibly dirty during the demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • ktmoms
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • PCBakerGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies