• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Wear Gloves at Your Show? if You Don't Do You Do Hand

In summary, there is a debate among consultants about whether or not to wear gloves at shows. Some consultants do not wear gloves, but instead wash their hands frequently during the show. Others wear gloves while working with raw meat or hot peppers. Some consultants also bring their own soap and hand sanitizer to ensure cleanliness. However, there are also concerns about the effectiveness of gloves, as studies have shown that people may be less likely to wash their hands while wearing them. Ultimately, it is up to each consultant to decide whether or not to wear gloves at their shows.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
do you wear gloves at your show? If you don't do you do hand sanitizer?

Share ...

No gloves. I just wash my hands after I'm done setting up and before I start.

The only time I use gloves at a show is when I'm working with jalapenos or other hot peppers.

No gloves. I wash my hands as soon as I bring my crates in (before setting up) then again before starting my demo. I just can't "feel" with gloves on and I don't like it.

I saw that demo fo the brie recipe and realied I better get some gloves in case I start working with host peppers this fall.

Please tell me that I am not the only one that puts their hair back and washes there hands and then half way through the show my nose starts itching like crazy - it is SOOOO distracting

I guess I'm in the minority....and it's probably because of my Cooking background, and having to have food safety training, etc......but if I am working with raw meat of any kind (poultry, pork, shrimp, etc.....) I ALWAYS wear gloves while working with the meat, and then take them off and dispose of them before dealing with any other food stuffs. I also make sure I have 2 cutting boards so that the one with meat doesn't come in contact with any other ingredients.

Oh - and I also wear them when I use hot peppers!;) It would be so me to not wear them, and then rub my eye or something! Ouch!:eek:

Just my two cents....I don’t wear gloves if I don’t have a band aid or cuts on my hands. I always take my own soap and sani and cloths to a show. There was a debate about this before on here. If you need or think you need to wear gloves go for it.

In my restaurant we have VERY strict food safety rules and my dh and I are gold star foodsafe certified and all our chefs have there foodsafe. We wear gloves as said above if we have cuts and band aids. Be careful that you don’t wear Latex gloves there are a lot of people who are deathly allergic to latex. I believe on our supply order they are plastic ones. But if you buy your own just make sure.

Have you ever been to a “sub sandwich” shop and seen the person behind the counter take there gloves out of there apron and put them on or not change them after taking change or working with different foods?? This is why I don’t have my chefs wear them. Studies show that cooks are more likey to practice hand washing with out the gloves then with. (false sense of clean I guess) I want them to be sure that they feel dirt and yucky meat on there hands as a reminder to wash wash wash and wash your hands some more.....

rennea said:
....Have you ever been to a “sub sandwich” shop and seen the person behind the counter take there gloves out of there apron and put them on or not change them after taking change or working with different foods?? This is why I don’t have my chefs wear them. Studies show that cooks are more likey to practice hand washing with out the gloves then with. (false sense of clean I guess) I want them to be sure that they feel dirt and yucky meat on there hands as a reminder to wash wash wash and wash your hands some more.....

My thoughts exactly. I am more conscience of washing my hands (almost compulsive about it) at a show then I am at my own home. I make sure the last things I do are to put on my apron and let everyone see I am washing my hands. I agree about using gloves while handling raw meats.

I don't wear gloves BUT I have them in my kit in case of a minor cut. When I have had to use gloves (due to injury....) I find it difficult to demo some products. For example, when we used the deluxe cheese grater for everything you really couldn't turn the handle with gloves on without them catching. I DO take sanitizer; I wash my hands in front of the host and use the sanitizer a few times thruout the show...like when I drop something on the floor, etc.

Must be in the minority here. I do wear gloves at my shows (ones from paperwork/supply). I also wash my hands before putting them on. I put them on when I start my demo, after passing out catalogs, etc. I take them off when done with my demo. If there is something like raw meat, then I have an extra set by my demo area, wash my hands again & put gloves back on. I've had many guests comment that they appreciate my wearing them.

I don't wear gloves. I bring my suds pump with me with our hand soap in it and a wet microfiber towel. At the beginning of the demo and throughout I squirt a little foam in my hands and wipe them clean with the microfiber towel, this way I am also demo-ing 3 more products.

LisaAnn said:
I don't wear gloves. I bring my suds pump with me with our hand soap in it and a wet microfiber towel. At the beginning of the demo and throughout I squirt a little foam in my hands and wipe them clean with the microfiber towel, this way I am also demo-ing 3 more products.

Oh good ideas.;)

rennea said:
I don’t wear gloves if I don’t have a band aid or cuts on my hands. I always take my own soap and sani and cloths to a show. There was a debate about this before on here. If you need or think you need to wear gloves go for it.

In my restaurant we have VERY strict food safety rules and my dh and I are gold star foodsafe certified and all our chefs have there foodsafe. We wear gloves as said above if we have cuts and band aids. Be careful that you don’t wear Latex gloves there are a lot of people who are deathly allergic to latex. I believe on our supply order they are plastic ones. But if you buy your own just make sure.

Have you ever been to a “sub sandwich” shop and seen the person behind the counter take there gloves out of there apron and put them on or not change them after taking change or working with different foods?? This is why I don’t have my chefs wear them. Studies show that cooks are more likey to practice hand washing with out the gloves then with. (false sense of clean I guess) I want them to be sure that they feel dirt and yucky meat on there hands as a reminder to wash wash wash and wash your hands some more.....

I dont' wear gloves at my shows unless I am dealing with peppers... I wash my hands after I bring my stuff in, and before I start my demo. I also have long hair so I wear it back. I have extra whipes in my kit and sanatiser as well to have on hand. Now if I have a guest helping out I always hand them a pair of gloves to put on. I guess I worked to long in the public and worked in the food industry as well... I sometimes feel like I am washing my hands every 5 mins !!! no joke!!! ROFL

I do wear gloves and bring a few pairs just incase a poke a whole. PEOPLE LOVE THAT I WEAR THEM!!! It is very postive thing to do:)

I don't wear gloves, but am compulsive about washing my hands, in fact between every step in the receipe (even if it's just a vegetable or dough) I was my hands and rinse off the tool I was using. This does add time to my demos but it is an obsessive habit I have. People at my shows have made fun of me for this because I cannot touch one item of food without washing my hands before going to another item. In fact, if I'm using the food chopper to chop nuts and then I need to chop chocolate chips, I wash it first and then my hands even though I barely touch the nuts. Didn't think this was anything weird until people started laughing!

I realize gloves are clean and that I am crazy, but when I see gloves I wonder if the factory in which they were processed was clean, because nobody washes their gloves before putting them on. Yes, I know what your thinking and I am sooo not compulsive in other areas of my life just when cooking or cleaning. Stop laughing at me now!!!

Jennifer

Related to Do You Wear Gloves at Your Show? if You Don't Do You Do Hand

1. Do you wear gloves while cooking at your show?

No, I do not wear gloves while cooking at my show. I follow safe and hygienic food handling practices by regularly washing my hands and using utensils instead of touching the food directly.

2. Do you use gloves while handling raw meat at your show?

No, I do not use gloves while handling raw meat at my show. I make sure to thoroughly wash my hands before and after handling raw meat to prevent cross-contamination.

3. Do you provide gloves for guests to use at your show?

Yes, I provide disposable gloves for guests to use if they prefer while handling food at my show. However, I also ensure that all utensils and surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized to maintain food safety standards.

4. Do you use gloves while handling hot items at your show?

Yes, I use heat-resistant gloves while handling hot items at my show to protect my hands from burns. I also advise my guests to use caution when handling hot items and provide them with utensils or oven mitts to use if needed.

5. Do you wear gloves while serving food at your show?

No, I do not wear gloves while serving food at my show. I make sure to wash my hands before and after handling food and use utensils to serve the food to prevent any contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nickywsn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soccermama
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • JoyfulChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies